The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, jimmyflint1989 said:

I wouldn’t trust that Mitch Lafon, he tends to tweet a lot of rumours as facts and pretends he is in the no. There was a whole incident earlier this year when he claimed he knew a lot about Bon Jovi’s 40 anniversary plans and 0 of those came to fruition. 

Yeah, though in this case the guy, Michael Voss, is really Michael Schenker's producer, and it appears he's indeed working on a new MS album currently and that the Slash session with MS was for that. So it's a reasonable guess that Axl's session was for that as well.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The post before that

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvSXVvgKRMq/?igshid=YWYwM2I1ZDdmOQ==

It looks like Is something out of the loop

Michael Voss Is a producer?

I thought Axl was back in L.A., because TB (Vanessa, at least) are, but apparently he's in London (or at least he was until yesterday).

7 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

It's kinda funny that both Slash and Axl were in the studio to record a song with the same producer for the first time in decades for all we know. For a song on someone else's album🤣 please help me understand 

Yeah, if it plays out like that, it'd be as if they're making fun of us.

Edited by Spoon87
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

So they are both doing guest spots on some guy’s album, and it’s not known if they’ll appear on the same track. That’s it.

Probably needs it’s own thread.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe I'll do that a bit later (if someone else hasn't in the meantime).

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't want him to record vocals similar to those on Welcome To The Jungle or You Could Be Mine, even if he would be able to in the studio. But vocals more suited to his current abilities, like more normal rock songs that allows him to breathe more and sing more in his normal chest voice. 

If Axl recorded vocals only for Micheal Schenker's song, then I would like them to be some vocals that will blow us all away. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I can't be the only one to have no idea who Michael Schenker is, can I? 

I didn't know either, I googled, German hard rock/heavy metal guitarist. :lol:
Former guitarist of Scorpions and UFO, he has his own group (Michael Schenker Group) with which he released I think 15 albums.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I can't be the only one to have no idea who Michael Schenker is, can I? 

I couldn't name a song but just from being a music nerd and without going to Wikipedia,I think he was/ is (most likely was) a member of the Scorpions. An Axl/Slash appearance should double his new album sales from 500 to 1,000.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2