The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

6 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

This is why I temper my expectations when a recording engineer describes the new music being recorded as “sounding like Appetite.”

I actually see what Bach is saying - it’s slower and plodding, and the chorus is sludgy. But it’s not how I would have described it, necessarily.

If you listen to the locker leak of Sorry before it was further worked on, I can totally see where Bach was coming from. It was slow and grinding and the guitars in the chorus were some of the heaviest guitars they'd ever done. Of course the final mix softened the track completely but I think Bach has been unfairly criticised for those comments when at the time the song wasn't far off his description. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

If you listen to the locker leak of Sorry before it was further worked on, I can totally see where Bach was coming from. It was slow and grinding and the guitars in the chorus were some of the heaviest guitars they'd ever done. Of course the final mix softened the track completely but I think Bach has been unfairly criticised for those comments when at the time the song wasn't far off his description. 

If you shift the "kinda like doom metal" rather to the stoner rock or whatever it's called that Cathedral played on the later records, it definitely makes sense. It kind of reminds me of Black Sabbath, too. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Seeing as we know there is no new album coming, shouldn't we close this thread?

We don't know there won't be an album coming some time in the future. Doesn't it make sense to have a thread open to discuss whenever the band talks about the potential for a new album as well as discussions around the contents of such an album?

27 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

This sentence appears in this thread periodically every few weeks or so. 
Also, there should be a place for general "new album" gossip, otherwise people will start derailing other threads with it anyway. 

• Like 2

Hopefully Perhaps is the first single from the forthcoming album that they will finish up in Oct-dec.

In that case it means that Aburd/HS is not part of the new album but Perhaps is and it makes sense that they waited to release it as they have worked on the album during and before the tour. 

This is of couse just hopeful thinking, but there can be some truth to it..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, betterman said:

Hopefully Perhaps is the first single from the forthcoming album that they will finish up in Oct-dec.

In that case it means that Aburd/HS is not part of the new album but Perhaps is and it makes sense that they waited to release it as they have worked on the album during and before the tour. 

No truth mate, there's no album coming. They'll sale off into the sunset off their high saling tour, with NO plans to record anything new. Sad but true. Sorry. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

No truth mate, there's no album coming. They'll sale off into the sunset off their high saling tour, with NO plans to record anything new. Sad but true. Sorry. 

You dont know neither, but according to what Mayhue said it sounded for sure like an album is coming, but there is some work left to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

All we have is Axl's stated interest in releasing more music and Slash's mentioning of an intention to work on new music later. That's enough to warrant the existence of this thread. When the band states there will be no new music/album, this thread should die out by itself.

People complain regularly about this thread's existence, possibly because they struggle to deal with their own newfound realization that a new album won't be coming out in a long time, but what they fail to grasp that being a GN'R fan is a marathon, not a sprint. We deal in years and decades, not weeks or months.

More precisely, it's Forrest Gump's run. 

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

There will be more successor threads to this when it reach max pages again. There will be "New Album" threads even after a posthumous release came out when our boys pass on.

Sometime in 2055 we'll have

"New GN'R album thread | Slash and Axl's 2032 sessions are coming!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, betterman said:

That would be amazing. Especially if it included half a dozen re-worked CD songs with Slash and Duff, and half a dozen or more untouched CD-era songs with Bucket and Robin still on them. :) 

6 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I loved the locker instrumental for Sorry. I wish most of the songs on the 2008 album had mixes closer to 2000.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I've suggested this so many times brother. This thread has discussed Axl's sexuality, many different bands music, so many topics nothing to do with a new album it's such a joke. I was recently told by an admin this thread is a safe space for forum members LOL

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

This thread is essentially the forum these days! 

Yup .. I made the same comment and was sarcastically shown that there are other threads as if I'm an idiot. When you look at other sections and threads, there is barely any activity there. And the few threads that do have posts all end up talking about the same shit that's discussed here LOL

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I don’t think it should be closed but maybe i would change the title to “new music” instead, because that’s what we are getting, not an LP.:thumbsup:

That would actually make it less miserable clicking on it because it emphazises something we ARE getting, which is new music, instead of what we aren't getting, an album

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

And now something a bit unpopular :axl:

I think the vocal melody in the Eye On You chorus is really good and catchy. That could be stripped of all the 90s synths that didn't exactly age well and turned into a decent rock song. Of course, it would need some verses and the "ah ah" vocals recycled for Hard Skool might mean that the song was completely abandoned, but then again, if these guys dusted off a revamped Silkworms/Absurd as their first post-reunion new music it means that you never know.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1