The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

We don't really know what Axl has written in all this time. Personally I'm inclined to focus on whether or not he has gotten around to writing lyrics and recording vocals for the stuff that already existed, as that seems to be and has always been his main focus.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

Someone should do Bumblefoot's Argentina song with Axl vocals using AI. I seem to remember that was a song Bumblefoot presented to Axl who wasn't interested.

Thatd be interesting. Unfortunately AI seems to be hit or miss depending on what artist and/or song.

7 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

Thatd be interesting. Unfortunately AI seems to be hit or miss depending on what artist and/or song.

I would say depending on which Youtube account does it lol

There is very talented people. Someone even covered a Tokio Hotel song and sounded epic 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

Someone should do Bumblefoot's Argentina song with Axl vocals using AI. I seem to remember that was a song Bumblefoot presented to Axl who wasn't interested.

Yes, I remember watching a video of Bumblefoot playing a rough version on guitar whilst sharing his plans for it, he was singing bits saying how he would love to do it with Guns and how Axl's vocals would work really well. I wished they made it into a GN'R song. 

5 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

Just heard that for the first time.

Garbage.

That 2009-14 lineup was such a waste of his time.

As they handed him discs/files, he probably just tossed em. They could've saved time by cutting out the middle man and just throw it in the trash themselves.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Garbage.

As they handed him discs/files, he probably just tossed em. They could've saved time by cutting out the middle man and just throw it in the trash themselves.

It sounded better when Bumblefoot was going through his rough sketch of it with his guitar before he recorded it. I think it could have been worked into something cool with Axl and Guns at the time. Imagine GN'R playing that song in Argentina, they would go nuts hearing that. 

DJ Ashba apparently submitted at least one instrumental that was great, Baz spoke highly of it, and I think even tried to obtain it for him to sing on. 

Though largely, I believe that poster years ago in that Axl wasn't impressed with that lineup as far as what songs they presented to him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Garbage.

The idea that Axl would consider making an album full of instrumentals composed by Ashba and Bumblefoot is even more ridiculous in retrospect than it was back then.

They were a solid live outfit at times, depending on whether Axl put any effort into preparing, but whenever DJ would talk about how he was writing demos for Guns you just had to shake your head 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

He recorded vox early 2007 tidying songs up. I think the Shacklers thing about the school shooting inspiring the lyrics has been taken out of context. I don't think they were done that late. 

I agree. I believe all of the songs we have on CD had the vocals done by 2006, not including subsequent touch-ups. 

A holy grail of mine is to have the pre-Bumblefoot mix of Shackler's Revenge in all of Buckethead's guitars glory. I know it exists, just not sure if it's out there. The Village demo was interesting, but not what I was looking for, they certainly have mixes between that one, and what we got on the album.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

DJ Ashba apparently submitted at least one instrumental that was great, Baz spoke highly of it, and I think even tried to obtain it for him to sing on. 

Is this that "Ballad of Death" crap or did he push another Sixx AM reject?

30 minutes ago, Mikey Whipwreck said:

The idea that Axl would consider making an album full of instrumentals composed by Ashba and Bumblefoot is even more ridiculous in retrospect than it was back then

I always laughed anytime they'd mention recording with GNR. It was obvious from the beginning that nothing of any substance would ever come from that lineup.

The purpose for their existence wasn't to create, it was to tour. They were the middle ground between the unique new GNR lineup that recorded the CD material and a reunion that could be pushed to casual crowds.

• Like 2

Bumblefoot has this weird thing where as a person I think he's great. He's a very talented musician but his music just does absolutely nothing for me and I could without his solo parts and CD contributions. 

As a person? One of my favourites from the CD era. As a guitarist? Least favourite. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Bumblefoot has this weird thing where as a person I think he's great. He's a very talented musician but his music just does absolutely nothing for me and I could without his solo parts and CD contributions. 

As a person? One of my favourites from the CD era. As a guitarist? Least favourite. 

Completely agree. Bumblefoot seems like a great guy… but the era of him and Ashba was rough. I lost a lot of interest in the band during that time. 

25 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

If anyone is interested:

I wonder how long it will take before YouTube takes it down.

The leak has been removed as well a couple of weeks ago.

The interesting part:

"Video niet beschikbaar
Deze video is niet meer beschikbaar vanwege een auteursrechtclaim door Universal Music Group"

UMG claimed it.

Edited by Lethalis

21 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

I wonder how long it will take before YouTube takes it down.

The leak has been removed as well a couple of weeks ago.

The interesting part:

"Video niet beschikbaar
Deze video is niet meer beschikbaar vanwege een auteursrechtclaim door Universal Music Group"

UMG claimed it.

I can’t monetize it (I never do that anyways) but it’s still available. I didn’t use the demo or any official recording for the backing track, it’s just me playing with nothing. 

13 hours ago, Towelie said:

I'm making it up but they're releasing a new album on Fri Nov 17th called "Loaded."

12 tracks:

The General / Monstrosity / ABSURD / Zodiac / 7 / Hard Skool / Atlas Shrugged / Loaded / Perhaps / Soul Monster / Oh My God /  Time to Die 

Artwork is rad, official announcement expected mid-September.

Plans may change. As I'm making it up, I'll keep you all posted on any developments. 

Fake news, the track listing needs "El Hermano" in order for it to seem legit

:P

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Each to their own I guess re Bumble. I loved him in the band and was gutted when he left (I totally get why he did though). Personally, I love a lot of his solo stuff - I was relistening to Normal and Abnormal the other day and it was great to revisit them. I think that if the 2009-2014 band had gotten together and worked on stuff then they could have put a great record out. Axl didn't seem to have any interest in working on stuff from scratch though.  As for DJ, well the guy could have written a radio hit for Axl I feel. It will have probably been super emo and aged like milk but I'd have probably loved it as a kid and I imagine it would have done relatively well. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Towelie said:

I'm making it up but they're releasing a new album on Fri Nov 17th called "Loaded."

12 tracks:

The General / Monstrosity / ABSURD / Zodiac / 7 / Hard Skool / Atlas Shrugged / Loaded / Perhaps / Soul Monster / Oh My God /  Time to Die 

Artwork is rad, official announcement expected mid-September.

Plans may change. As I'm making it up, I'll keep you all posted on any developments. 

Time to Die is a new title, care to share more info?

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, LandOla said:

Time to Die is a new title, care to share more info?

An old song which was rejected from the latest Bond movie. It was all going okay and luckily Brain was able to make it fit the title of the movie by lifting ‘no’ from the vocal track of another unreleased track for the chorus so Axl didn’t have to do anything in the studio but Fukunaga wasn’t happy they replaced Robin Finck’s guitar solo - “I don’t care if you included the first couple of bends - no Finck, no deal!” 

I heard it from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who walked someone’s dog who went to school with a person who installs TouchTunes jukeboxes. 

Edited by Seb91
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did anyone figure out wtf this is? Looks like a photo shoot, but for what? Why would they do a photo shoot for more tour announcements or one-off singles? Could it be... the image that will be on the backside of a CD booklet, or a vinyl sleeve? :ph34r:

image.png.52a1cf487a4e11f82b2096e255daf023.png

Live album/blu-ray, maybe?

Is the guy in grey hairl the photographer? We also know that Ross Halfin and Sante D'Orazio took pictures at Hyde Park.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1