2010 Private Concert Leaks [Discussion, No links etc]

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I think that’s a bit unfair to somebody in the crowd at a show like this. We can critique that band all we want for signing up to play a show like this, but this isn’t their crowd. You can’t expect them to know the ins and outs of what happens at GN’R shows. Hell, even at shows that people pay to go to they don’t always know that Axl throws the mic at the end, there’s been a handful of lawsuits from people that go hit with it. The fact of the matter is the rest of the world isn’t sitting there looking up whatever YouTube videos of the band they can before they get pulled down by external sources. Things that are common sense to us are not to 99.9% of the world. 

That's ok. I just wanted to shit on that rich Russian 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

I can't believe how good his voice was.  Just a shame Slash and Duff weren't there.  Its not the same seeing someone else start off SCOM, etc

of course its not the same: it's 1000x better.

2010 was a great year to be a GNR fan. The band sounded extremely tight and powerful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Axls Voice. absolutely incredible. 2010 was the best year after the original band implosion. That version of the band was definitely the tightest too. Axl looks lean, mean and hungry. I hope everyone who still thinks Axl can sing live watch this and realise what an absolute beast he still was then compared to the sorry version we have now.  

2006 was so much better 

3 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Guns N' Roses playing that kind of a show is actually a little sad...

Money and some Vodka makes Axl gets happy 

image.png.6109468903f310fe74fc1f99012e50a7.png

2006 for me. Axl was reignited, the album seemed as if it was imminent and they put on some phenomenal shows that would rival any from the early days. Also, DJ Ashba is greatly inferior in every way possible to Robin Finck. That has a lot to do with it too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

22 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

It’s 2010

Axl fires Team Brazil and hires proper management.

He and Slash finally squash their beef and mend fences. A tour is announced and work begins on a new album.  Duff, Izzy and Adler are all on board for the tour and album. Matt confirms he will join on tour to play all illusion songs. 

The album drops and features some of most raw, badass vocals from Axl ever heard. Slash totally nails every solo. The album is a huge success as well as the world tour, which showcases live Axl performances that few thought he can ever pull off again.  

……oh what could have been

Outside 2006 which was heavily rumored, I think Slash and Duff came back at the right time. 2009-2014 was an era where Axl took the Nu-Guns version of the band as far as it could go. Lots of touring, Chinese Democracy songs played, and a time where it felt like they had more of a cult following.

There needed to be a change and making amends with Slash and bringing him and Duff back was it.

I'm sure he has lots of love for Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba, Chris Pitman, and Tommy Stinson but that version of the band wasn't paying the bills like the current one who has one of the highest grossing tours of all-time.

Edited by mystery

47 minutes ago, Dean said:

Also, DJ Ashba is greatly inferior in every way possible to Robin Finck. That has a lot to do with it too.

Well yea, that goes without saying.

2009-10 was 'the best' we got from DJ though. He was obviously a step down from Robin but not as cringey as he later became. Robin > DJ is pretty much the only thing 2006 has over 2010 IMO. Even Frank's drum sound was better in 2010.

• GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, Ratam said:

In these time many people criticized about these private Russian party, but  paother people said that Elton John and Rolling Stones played in private partys too.

I'm curious if they were in Russia though? US/Russia relations have plummeted since 2010. Its more the context that this was a few years before Russia invaded Crimea and Putin started to really consolidate power.

Not to get too political but there was a presidential debate in 2012 where Barack Obama laughed at Mitt Romney (his opponent) saying that Russia was America's greatest enemy because things were somewhat different a decade ago.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Well yea, that goes without saying.

2009-10 was 'the best' we got from DJ though. He was obviously a step down from Robin but not as cringey as he later became. Robin > DJ is pretty much the only thing 2006 has over 2010 IMO. Even Frank's drum sound was better in 2010.

Several steps!!

Brain over Frank also. Granted Frank finished the year on Drums, but all the highly regarded shows of that year feature Brain behind the kit. 

The 09/10 tour was phenomenal in that Axl was leaving it all out there night after night, but instrumentally I’d say the band was inferior to 2006, for me, some of the songs suffered immensely with Ashba, Better being the one that always springs to mind.

57 minutes ago, Dean said:

Several steps!!

Brain over Frank also. Granted Frank finished the year on Drums, but all the highly regarded shows of that year feature Brain behind the kit. 

The 09/10 tour was phenomenal in that Axl was leaving it all out there night after night, but instrumentally I’d say the band was inferior to 2006, for me, some of the songs suffered immensely with Ashba, Better being the one that always springs to mind.

Brain was definitely better than Frank, but Frank played at least half of the 2006 shows, and the 2007 shows tend to get lumped in with the 2006 tour. He was still considered the understudy so maybe people forget how many shows he actually played, but he was definitely part of the '2006 sound.'

Obviously there were great shows in 2006 but Axl and Bumble were more inconsistent.

DJ was worse than Robin but the rest of the 2010 band made up for it.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

2 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

I saw them in 2006 last minute. I decided to drive three hours to Huntington, WV and got a pit ticket from a scalper. The show was great. When they played The Blues people around me were surprised I knew the lyrics. 

lol Same thing for me but with the lyrics to IRS in 2006

7 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

I saw them in 2006 last minute. I decided to drive three hours to Huntington, WV and got a pit ticket from a scalper. The show was great. When they played The Blues people around me were surprised I knew the lyrics. 

That was my first GNR show. Front row right in front of Robin. Even shook Axl’s hand during SCOM. Not to mention first performance of Down on the Farm since ‘90. 2006 was such a great year for the band. High energy, Axl sounded incredible. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Axls Voice. absolutely incredible. 2010 was the best year after the original band implosion. That version of the band was definitely the tightest too. Axl looks lean, mean and hungry. I hope everyone who still thinks Axl can sing live watch this and realise what an absolute beast he still was then compared to the sorry version we have now.  

2010? 2006 was better I think (I've been to both tours).

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

2006 was definitely great, especially while Brain was still on drums. But 2010 was better overall.

2010 Bumblefoot > 2006 Bumblefoot

2010 Axl > 2006 Axl

2010 setlists > 2006 setlists

Agree. Not to say 2006 wasn't really good, but the band didnt seem as together and the setlists were nowhere near as good. 

• Like 1