2010 Private Concert Leaks [Discussion, No links etc]

6 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I remember Tommy talking about this

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/russian-oligarchs-guns-n-roses-robbie-williams-jennifer-lopez-1349163/

LOOKING BACK ON his years with everyone from the Replacements to Guns N’ Roses, Tommy Stinson admits he’s played some “strange places.” But a 2010 show with GN’R — a private gig in Moscow for a Russian energy company — still leaps out. “I can’t even believe we did it,” Stinson says. “It was like, ‘What the fuck are we doing here?’”

The 2010 Guns N’ Roses show, held at the Moscow movie-studio complex Mosfilm, was paid for by Alexander Chistyakov, then deputy chairman of the management board of the Federal Grid Company, Russia’s largest state-run transmission grid firm. “It couldn’t have felt more awkward,” says Stinson. “They were a bunch of drunken party people who were glad to have us play. I didn’t see any fucking gold-plated toilets, but I’m sure they were there somewhere.”

While watching I couldn't help but wonder how many of those partygoers have fallen out of the window since

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Why should we imagine?

I consider the idea funny - meaning how absurd and also impossible and self-destructive that would be today. Only Axl with the hired guns could have done something like that and only in pre-war times could this have been done. 

Love the random cuts to the crowd, only to have them standing there talking amongst themselves, chewing gum, or staring back at the camera man lol.....

Man that show was A grade compared to the train wreck of today's band.... axls voice and the band playing tight, especially SCOM, bumble does good on the solo.

Good times.. well not for that snobby crowd clearly haha.. but was good to watch. Cheers to the uploader! :)

• Like 2

Love the beginning bit with the hands lol pointing at Axl hands, long arm fisting Axl hand and pretend gun hands. You see, what the editor did there is quite clever. They were already playing around with hand gestures and brilliantly noticed that there is a hand gesture for a gun which is ever so conveniently the first part of the band's name. They almost got away with it. Twas their hubris which spelled their downfall. Nothing escapes me 🧐

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Axls Voice. absolutely incredible. 2010 was the best year after the original band implosion. That version of the band was definitely the tightest too. Axl looks lean, mean and hungry. I hope everyone who still thinks Axl can sing live watch this and realise what an absolute beast he still was then compared to the sorry version we have now.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Honestly dislike watching anything from this whole time period. Just reminds me how much of his career he squandered. Was glad to be able to see many of these shows from 2010 but it’s always bittersweet to think what could have been. 

And 2010 wasn't even bad. I mean, not that long since he had released CD, the shows were great and fresh. The staleness came later, like in 2012 and 2018. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That stupid dumbass at the end didn't know what to do with the mic Axl gave him and wanted to give it back. What a fucking idiot

I think that’s a bit unfair to somebody in the crowd at a show like this. We can critique that band all we want for signing up to play a show like this, but this isn’t their crowd. You can’t expect them to know the ins and outs of what happens at GN’R shows. Hell, even at shows that people pay to go to they don’t always know that Axl throws the mic at the end, there’s been a handful of lawsuits from people that go hit with it. The fact of the matter is the rest of the world isn’t sitting there looking up whatever YouTube videos of the band they can before they get pulled down by external sources. Things that are common sense to us are not to 99.9% of the world. 

14 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

It’s 2010

Axl fires Team Brazil and hires proper management.

He and Slash finally squash their beef and mend fences. A tour is announced and work begins on a new album.  Duff, Izzy and Adler are all on board for the tour and album. Matt confirms he will join on tour to play all illusion songs. 

The album drops and features some of most raw, badass vocals from Axl ever heard. Slash totally nails every solo. The album is a huge success as well as the world tour, which showcases live Axl performances that few thought he can ever pull off again.  

……oh what could have been

You forgot to mention the few Bucket and Robin solos that were left on there. :)