2010 Private Concert Leaks [Discussion, No links etc]

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have a very soft spot for 2010 GNR. Axl was awesome, the set lists were fresh (at the time), the forums were pretty healthy overall, and DJ was less obnoxious. My first GNR gig was London Ontario 2010

I listened to the second London UK gig from 2010 last week for the first time in years. You’ve got folk in the crowd very audibly yelling the song names before they kick into it 😂😂😂 it definitely was less predictable earlier on though!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dean said:

I listened to the second London UK gig from 2010 last week for the first time in years. You’ve got folk in the crowd very audibly yelling the song names before they kick into it 😂😂😂 it definitely was less predictable earlier on though!

For sure. Still, it was pretty cool getting all of those Chinese songs that were rare or previously unplayed and Don’t Cry was still relatively fresh at the time when they would whip that out

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • GNFNR 2

5 hours ago, mystery said:

I've thought about that too, on the other hand relations with Russia were much different in 2010 than now. Guns N' Roses seemed to be more desperate for cash in that era where I could see them not even consider this today or at least get a lot more backlash.

Oh, getting involved with Russian money now would be the kiss of death. Can you even get into Russia at the moment? I have no idea.

I think any of these 'rich fucks book private gigs' type things will always leave a sour taste in my mouth. 

I did like 2010 GNR though a lot. 

5 hours ago, mystery said:

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, getting involved with Russian money now would be the kiss of death. Can you even get into Russia at the moment? I have no idea.

I think any of these 'rich fucks book private gigs' type things will always leave a sour taste in my mouth. 

I did like 2010 GNR though a lot. 

I feel like I know a lot about the band but this leak is pretty much the first time I'm hearing about this show that happened almost 13 years ago.

Just now, mystery said:

I feel like I know a lot about the band but this leak is pretty much the first time I'm hearing about this show that happened almost 13 years ago.

I think I remember it being mentioned, but doing things like this and weddings were always kept pretty much under wraps- probably because it's fucking embarrassing. 

It fits though with all that stuff about the band being on the verge of bankruptcy around that time. Even Axl mentioned them 'not making any money' in that TV interview he did to promote the Vegas residency. They just have been spending a fortune with all those late finishes and stuff. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Grayfox said:

I had forgot all about this show. Now we just need the private wedding from 2012 in France and the Acoustic show from London 2006

Parts of that london gig are out there I think. It was in the Cuckoo Club in london but the quality of the recording is very bad.

Edited by Shacklermyrye

I remember Tommy talking about this

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/russian-oligarchs-guns-n-roses-robbie-williams-jennifer-lopez-1349163/

LOOKING BACK ON his years with everyone from the Replacements to Guns N’ Roses, Tommy Stinson admits he’s played some “strange places.” But a 2010 show with GN’R — a private gig in Moscow for a Russian energy company — still leaps out. “I can’t even believe we did it,” Stinson says. “It was like, ‘What the fuck are we doing here?’”

The 2010 Guns N’ Roses show, held at the Moscow movie-studio complex Mosfilm, was paid for by Alexander Chistyakov, then deputy chairman of the management board of the Federal Grid Company, Russia’s largest state-run transmission grid firm. “It couldn’t have felt more awkward,” says Stinson. “They were a bunch of drunken party people who were glad to have us play. I didn’t see any fucking gold-plated toilets, but I’m sure they were there somewhere.”

Edited by Shacklermyrye

It’s 2010

Axl fires Team Brazil and hires proper management.

He and Slash finally squash their beef and mend fences. A tour is announced and work begins on a new album.  Duff, Izzy and Adler are all on board for the tour and album. Matt confirms he will join on tour to play all illusion songs. 

The album drops and features some of most raw, badass vocals from Axl ever heard. Slash totally nails every solo. The album is a huge success as well as the world tour, which showcases live Axl performances that few thought he can ever pull off again.  

……oh what could have been

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1