06/12/23 - Vigo, ES - Estadio Abanca Balaídos

downzy

3 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

Fans wanting to meet their favourite band isn't exactly a new phenomenon. I think as long as people are calm and respectful it isn't an issue. Axl obviously takes time to greet fans and sign autographs, if it bothered him he wouldn't do it. 

I'm sure they are, just not something I'd do. That sort of 'finding out where they're staying, finding out what flight they're on' stuff just seems a bit intrusive to me. 

As you say though, if it bothered them they wouldn't do it. But the fact Slash and Duff didn't stop suggests that they both weren't too keen on it. 

I suppose if you're famous it's what you're used to though and what you have to deal with. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

How did you know what time they would fly in, and thought they take own ✈, so wouldn't need to go through customs? 

In afternoom I start to see the flights in flight radar, only came to Vigo one private flight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dani_1455 said:

Weather for tomorrow don't seem to be good, rainy all day, I hope that does not mean a shorter set

Here we have a weird weather, could be summer in the morning and “Mordor” in afternoom.

Tomorrow it’d be rainny until 6pm. I hope that we have the show without rain 

12 minutes ago, axljungle said:

Here we have a weird weather, could be summer in the morning and “Mordor” in afternoom.

I know, I'm from Ourense, hope It does not rain at the show!

13 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

Fans wanting to meet their favourite band isn't exactly a new phenomenon. I think as long as people are calm and respectful it isn't an issue. Axl obviously takes time to greet fans and sign autographs, if it bothered him he wouldn't do it. 

That's it, I waited outside the hotel in Madrid, we didn't shout or get crazy or anything. For example, Fortus was walking and talking with somebody else when he stopped at the hotel door, so we stayed quiet until he finished talking, unfortunatelly when we called him he just walked into the hotel completelly ignoring us, if he had said something like "sorry guys, I need to go inside" or anything I would have been ok with it, they have their right not to take pictures or sign, but his manners got me a bit upset.

Del James also came and took a picture with whoever wanted. Also members from Depeche Mode as they were staying at the same hotel.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

That's it, I waited outside the hotel in Madrid, we didn't shout or get crazy or anything. For example, Fortus was walking and talking with somebody else when he stopped at the hotel door, so we stayed quiet until he finished talking, unfortunatelly when we called him he just walked into the hotel completelly ignoring us, if he had said something like "sorry guys, I need to go inside" or anything I would have been ok with it, they have their right not to take pictures or sign, but his manners got me a bit upset.

Del James also came and took a picture with whoever wanted. Also members from Depeche Mode as they were staying at the same hotel.

It isn't the first time that someone comment about Fortus is unfriendly person.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sakuL_ said:

Or air pressure. I have to wear special earplugs in the plane too. Otherwise my ears hurt during take-off and landing enormously! Some people suffer from this.

Right, i don't realize it can be the cause too.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

It isn't the first time that someone comment about Fortus is unfriendly person.

My daughter and I went to his appearance at the Chicago Music Exchange a few years ago, and he was extremely nice. He stayed later than he supposed to and talked one on one and signed and took pictures with everyone there. He probably talked to my daughter, who was 12 at the time, about the band and how many times she's seen them for at least 10 minutes, and signed and personalized her tour book.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fanfzero said:

I met Richard years ago, he stayed out and talked for a decent amount of time, took pictures and gave everyone guitar picks... I mean he definitely was cranky when my friend failed to get his phone to work 3 times in a row for a picture, but he was polite and did the pictures and signed everything. 

I might have caught him on a good day, or you might have caught him on a bad day. Either way, he signed my stuff so😛 But I did meet him while he was out with Thin Lizzy so, maybe he was just in an unusual good mood or didn't want to look like a dick while Ricky Warick was around signing stuff.

• Like 1

Ok, speaking of Fortus, just checked one of his Instagram posts, and he mentions a song we've never heard, so looks like they for sure are planning to play it. (Now we know it isn't just another Oh My God situation like at Rio 2011 where they soundchecked it and had it on set but never played it.)

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

My daughter and I went to his appearance at the Chicago Music Exchange a few years ago, and he was extremely nice. He stayed later than he supposed to and talked one on one and signed and took pictures with everyone there. He probably talked to my daughter, who was 12 at the time, about the band and how many times she's seen them for at least 10 minutes, and signed and personalized her tour book.

Yes, we all had shit days, i just refered read few posters talking about it Fortus issue. I guess he prefer to remain anonymous.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, axljungle said:

I read thunderstorms in the evening and chilly weather.  If so, I'd reschedule.  That would really suck for everybody.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeffc2022 said:

That one clip that sounded like axl singing the word never on duffs story back in march could the pedal be used for that 

Is this still available anywhere? First I’ve heard of it

On 6/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, axljungle said:

Axl signed me an autograph, he was very kind. Today I am more fan of this man.

Please how I can uploaded pictures and videos from my computer?

Congratulations on your experience/autograph. @axljungle I think it was well deserved. 

What time does this show start tonight , anyone ?

2 hours ago, wendirosez said:

Congratulations on your experience/autograph. @axljungle I think it was well deserved. 

What time does this show start tonight , anyone ?

21:30 9:30pm.

This morning I saw Fortus running again, I said good morning, see you tonight. And Fortus smile and said Okey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1