06/09/23 - Madrid, ES - Civitas Metropolitan Stadium

downzy

Just watched TWAT, my favourite from CD. Wow, got goosebumps and teary-eyed hearing it. I would love to hear that live next week. What a treat this show seems to have been. I'm happy Axl seems to be feeling and doing so well :heart:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Some new oldies could be prep for debuting new songs. Getting accustomed to changing it up with material that can't be ruined by an unintended bad first impression. Just a theoretical contributory factor. 

Or could be as stupid as : "Hey Beta? Has the distributor accepted our order yet? No? Ok then. Guys no new song tonight, Choo Choo on bitches!"

15 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

My 9th GNR show.

I saw The Rolling Stones last year in the same venue and it was so good that i knew i wanted to book my summer holidays around the GNR gig in the same stadium.

The Spanish crowd is not Argentina levels but its by far the best GNR crowd ive seen. Ole ole ole chants between songs and during the hits i felt like being in the middle of the Live Era album with the constant crowd noise. I dont know if they have a new mixing person or a new mixingboard but the sound was louder and clearer than ever before at a gnr gig. I could hear Dizzy throughout the gig. The bass was never buried. Axl was loud as fuck.

At the beginning of the gig Axl didnt stop dancing during the solos usually when he often disappears offstage, so i knew early on this is gonna be a good one.

Bad Obsession i enjoyed a shitload (is that a saying?)

Pretty Tied Up too!

Down By The Farm was wery cool. All of those should be keepers.

Rocket Queen was slower than usual and more "jam like" and probably my favorite rocket queen from this lineup. Very unique and cool.

Forever my dream songs to see live are. Twat, Locomotive and Prostitute.

When Axl announced "this next song is about a hairy time in my life"

I was thinking This I Love is next. But no.

Enter Twat!!!!

I was freaking out. Filming a bit a not. Duff saw me freaking out and singing the lyrics. (Iwas centerstage about 12 rows from the front)

Axl NAILED the vocs on twat Slash didnt exaclty nail it. He was good but missed the bucket killswitchpart and seemed distracted.

When the song ended Slash ran backstage and Axl announced that Slash just blew his ear out. "Give us a second" Axl said while Slash was backstage for only a minute and they came back with Dont Cry. Followed by Shadow Of Your Love. So slash seemed ok at this point but a bit shaken. (I hope he didnt blow his eardrum, but if he did. What a trooper). From this point pf the gig Frank was visibly in pain. After every song standing up and stretching his right arm and shaking it. Didnt affect his playing but he was in pain for sure. After Paradise he threw his sticks in air out of frustration and hit his cymbals with his fists in full force. Never seen him do that before.

Axl fell down on the drum riser during Civil War. Just before the "fill that vacuum" part.

Slash had a new solo. Reminded me of AC/DCs Rocker. But it wasent that.

The crowd went NUTS during Sweet Child.

Then after November Rain we got This I Love with a really nice and unique Slash solo. I liket that.

Then LOCOMOTIVE

I was freaking out again.

I love that song.

The outro is peak gnr.

Im so happy i got to experience it live.

But it was dangerous and awesome and i loved it.

Axl said after the song "that was fun" so get ready for more Locomotives!

After the encore

The acoustic guitars were out and they did their new intro to Patience except Axl interupted it.

Suddently they all changed guitars and started Yesterdays!

After it Axl said "i threw a little surprise. I like to change things up and not do always the same old boring thing"

After this the acoustic guitars werd back and the did patience. Now its 00:50 and the least tired person in the Stadium seemed to be Axl Rose. I have the feeling the only reason Paradise City was next was the 1am curffew cause Axl looked like he could do an hour more easily. Still running and dancing like Its So Easy just ended.

The Crowd was great for the last song jumping and chanting me included.

Followed by another ole ole ole chant during the bow.

Slash did a handstand again.

This was the perfect rock n roll gig. Injuries. Fun. Unpredictable. 3h27mins of Rock n roll.

Yeah, let's hope for more injuries!!

:D

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

My 9th GNR show.

I saw The Rolling Stones last year in the same venue and it was so good that i knew i wanted to book my summer holidays around the GNR gig in the same stadium.

The Spanish crowd is not Argentina levels but its by far the best GNR crowd ive seen. Ole ole ole chants between songs and during the hits i felt like being in the middle of the Live Era album with the constant crowd noise. I dont know if they have a new mixing person or a new mixingboard but the sound was louder and clearer than ever before at a gnr gig. I could hear Dizzy throughout the gig. The bass was never buried. Axl was loud as fuck.

At the beginning of the gig Axl didnt stop dancing during the solos usually when he often disappears offstage, so i knew early on this is gonna be a good one.

Bad Obsession i enjoyed a shitload (is that a saying?)

Pretty Tied Up too!

Down By The Farm was wery cool. All of those should be keepers.

Rocket Queen was slower than usual and more "jam like" and probably my favorite rocket queen from this lineup. Very unique and cool.

Forever my dream songs to see live are. Twat, Locomotive and Prostitute.

When Axl announced "this next song is about a hairy time in my life"

I was thinking This I Love is next. But no.

Enter Twat!!!!

I was freaking out. Filming a bit a not. Duff saw me freaking out and singing the lyrics. (Iwas centerstage about 12 rows from the front)

Axl NAILED the vocs on twat Slash didnt exaclty nail it. He was good but missed the bucket killswitchpart and seemed distracted.

When the song ended Slash ran backstage and Axl announced that Slash just blew his ear out. "Give us a second" Axl said while Slash was backstage for only a minute and they came back with Dont Cry. Followed by Shadow Of Your Love. So slash seemed ok at this point but a bit shaken. (I hope he didnt blow his eardrum, but if he did. What a trooper). From this point pf the gig Frank was visibly in pain. After every song standing up and stretching his right arm and shaking it. Didnt affect his playing but he was in pain for sure. After Paradise he threw his sticks in air out of frustration and hit his cymbals with his fists in full force. Never seen him do that before.

Axl fell down on the drum riser during Civil War. Just before the "fill that vacuum" part.

Slash had a new solo. Reminded me of AC/DCs Rocker. But it wasent that.

The crowd went NUTS during Sweet Child.

Then after November Rain we got This I Love with a really nice and unique Slash solo. I liket that.

Then LOCOMOTIVE

I was freaking out again.

I love that song.

The outro is peak gnr.

Im so happy i got to experience it live.

But it was dangerous and awesome and i loved it.

Axl said after the song "that was fun" so get ready for more Locomotives!

After the encore

The acoustic guitars were out and they did their new intro to Patience except Axl interupted it.

Suddently they all changed guitars and started Yesterdays!

After it Axl said "i threw a little surprise. I like to change things up and not do always the same old boring thing"

After this the acoustic guitars werd back and the did patience. Now its 00:50 and the least tired person in the Stadium seemed to be Axl Rose. I have the feeling the only reason Paradise City was next was the 1am curffew cause Axl looked like he could do an hour more easily. Still running and dancing like Its So Easy just ended.

The Crowd was great for the last song jumping and chanting me included.

Followed by another ole ole ole chant during the bow.

Slash did a handstand again.

This was the perfect rock n roll gig. Injuries. Fun. Unpredictable. 3h27mins of Rock n roll.

axl Is using some doping :D

Edited by Italian girl
  • Haha 1

Just did a quick research on setlist.fm. They’ve already played more different songs in 2023 than they did in all of 2022. 

so far 36 songs played in 2023. 32 different songs played in 2022. this is the most exciting tour since at least 2017  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Love following the tour so far. No other band makes me seek our forums, live streams, etc during the live show. Long live GNR. 

Monday, perhaps we get “Perhaps.”

I hope so, I will be there, so It could be a good surprise!

28 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Just did a quick research on setlist.fm. They’ve already played more different songs in 2023 than they did in all of 2022. 

so far 36 songs played in 2023. 32 different songs played in 2022. this is the most exciting tour since at least 2017  

I don't think that's correct, or at least not the way I count "songs". According to my data, they have played 35 unique songs in 2023 against 36 in 2023. But setlist.fm often counts solos, snippets, intros and short instrumentals as songs, too. The way I count it, the country where they played the most unique songs was 2012 was 39.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think that's correct, or at least not the way I count "songs". According to my data, they have played 35 unique songs in 2023 against 36 in 2023. But setlist.fm often counts solos, snippets, intros and short instrumentals as songs, too. The way I count it, the country where they played the most unique songs was 2012 was 39.

You’re right, setlist.fm counts slash’s solo as an individual song. But it’s still more different songs in 3 shows in 2023 than in 32 shows in 2022