Katarina's Benzova absence

1 minute ago, Rindmelon said:

I forget how it was worded, but doesn't it basically say in there that she needed permission from Fernando to actually talk to them?

I mean, she certainly would have found a way (DM in social media?), but as said above, it may have been more complicated. 

20 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

As a huge Axl fan (like most of us) I believe and hope Axl wouldn’t stand for something like this. He’s made his own mistakes in the past sure but this is just unacceptable. 

As we all know, Axl has done things that are the opposite to being a role model as far as treating women. However, for all we know, he has never mistreated women who have worked for or with him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Słash said:

Logged in after 7 years! hope everyone is doing well.

This is extremely disgusing, really kick out TB and get a proper manager. 

I am honestly not surprised and won't be surprised if something similar happened with Mellisa too. 

Melissa said in the press that Axl watched her back and stuff. I would hope, that if Fernando pulled any creep shit with her, that Axl didn’t know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I mean, she certainly would have found a way (DM in social media?), but as said above, it may have been more complicated. 

She wasn't held captive. She obviously thought that she would get more out of it by not making trouble then, with his promising coffee table books and such. He also told her he loved her for years, she might have believed it at some point. We will never know that, of course, but for some reason, she only decided to go to court when she was thrown out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I mean you would have to think she could talk to fortus given they dated. But as others have said I think she was close to Meegan i find it hard to believe Slash wouldn't have heard stuff from Meegan about all this

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I don't get it. Ok, she didn't wanna get fired or thrashed or whatever, but if she gathered enough evidence and then showed it to Duff or Slash secretly, are you telling me they wouldn't have lifted a finger?? 

The lawsuit never says she brought up her concerns with Axl, Slash, or Duff. The only one who it says she tried to talk to was Beta. I doubt they knew. Fernando is an grown man with his own house and his own free time. They wouldn't be keeping tabs on what he's doing sexually, and if Kat never brought it up with them...

Plus, if Fernando was cheating (ot attempting to cheat) on his wife with Kat, why would he go around telling people.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, axlsflannel said:

Rolling Stone article on the subject, with a 'statement' from the GNR camp... 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-manager-sued-sexual-harassment-copyright-claims-1234877430/

The statement seems only to be about her infringement claims, it doesn't seem to respond to the sexual harassment allegations at all...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

She did appear at the Hollywood Bowl shows. I was in the back, but I remember introducing her during the show. 

14 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

this  was my thought too

I think I missed this. What shows did Melissa miss? I do recall reading she was ill but only checked out the Hollywood Bowl footage and she was there. And did anybody fill in for her at the shows she missed?

In a statement shared with Rolling Stone, Guns N’ Roses said, “Ms. Benzova was initially contracted to provide tour photography services for Guns N’ Roses in 2010. She worked with the band for 12 years and was paid and treated extraordinarily well. It was only after her services were discontinued in 2022 that she attempted to claim ownership in photos, which her contract clearly states are owned by the band. The band takes these types of claims very seriously, however, all evidence establishes these accusations are categorically and unequivocally false. This response from her comes after the band initiated suit against Ms. Benzova for falsely asserting ownership in the photos of the band.”

8 minutes ago, axlsflannel said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-manager-sued-sexual-harassment-copyright-claims-1234877430/

In a statement shared with Rolling Stone, Guns N’ Roses said, “Ms. Benzova was initially contracted to provide tour photography services for Guns N’ Roses in 2010. She worked with the band for 12 years and was paid and treated extraordinarily well. It was only after her services were discontinued in 2022 that she attempted to claim ownership in photos, which her contract clearly states are owned by the band. The band takes these types of claims very seriously, however, all evidence establishes these accusations are categorically and unequivocally false. This response from her comes after the band initiated suit against Ms. Benzova for falsely asserting ownership in the photos of the band.”

4 minutes ago, Słash said:

Wasn't she and Fortus dating back in the day? Was he aware of this? I guess even if he was aware he would not stand up to Fernando. 

I’m sure he’s fully aware now and this is sure going to cause some tensions within the band, they will surely want him gone but given Axls history with the family… puts Axl in a horrible position. This is a shit show and it is going to be interesting to see what plays out for sure!

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I think I missed this. What shows did Melissa miss? I do recall reading she was ill but only checked out the Hollywood Bowl footage and she was there. And did anybody fill in for her at the shows she missed?

She had pneumonia. I think her tech guy replaced her the shows she couldn't do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, axlsflannel said:

I love how they say they take these allegations seriously just to say in the next sentence that everything isn't true.

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

Benzova also accused Lebeis of once trying to force his way into her hotel room after she rejected his requests to drink wine with him at 6 a.m. In another alleged incident from May 2018, Benzova claimed Lebeis tried to force himself on her and “continued to pressure Benzova to succumb to his sexual demands for 10 minutes — physically touching her, coercing her, continually trying to force himself onto Benzova in a dark alley outside of her house.” 

Jesus christ... this is bad 

• Like 4