Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

8 minutes ago, betterman said:

You should not completely rule out an album or an album announcement to follow the single. 

We dont know how much they have worked on this (before and between the tour), what we know (according to Mayhue) is that there is still work to do before an album is complete

Maybe, "Perhaps"....

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

When you click the 'presave' option you get these three choices....

This doesn't look right to me at all. 

Screenshot_20230805-195314.png

I think the site got to the public before the planned date, because the countdown was for 3-4 days instead of 7

So maybe the website will be live again on Monday or Tuesday

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What is the tick box that just says 'thanks' about? Ever seen that before? 

I've not seen a screen like this ever before for a presave. 

There have been pre-save screens with "thanks" or "thank you"

https://preview.mira.umusic.com/killing-joke-lord-of-chaos-pre-save/

https://preview.mira.umusic.com/heavenbythen

https://preview.mira.umusic.com/rea-garvey-love-makes-you-shine/thanks

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

That's some good news! Perhaps is a good song, can't wait to hear it in top quality with reworked instrumentals.

That being said, Atlas is still the strongest song out of them all ... so ...

I agree.  I really hope we get a re-worked finished Atlas

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, ok. 

I mean I'm fairly sure this is legit....but we've been here so many times before with people trolling and stuff that I'm very cautious! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The thing is if the song is sent to Slash and he lays guitars down by himself, why would they need to keep 4tus on it. It's clear why it's just Smash, he could knock the guitar parts out in an afternoon. Rhythm and lead. 

Why bother having Izzy in the band on the records, or ronnie wood in the stones. why bother even having a bassist, slash could easily play bass... paul Mcartney was the best bassist, drummer and guitarist in the beatles, sod the rest of them!

But hopefully you see now, that is why fortus should be on the record.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, betterman said:

You should not completely rule out an album or an album announcement to follow the single. 

We dont know how much they have worked on this (before and between the tour), what we know (according to Mayhue) is that there is still work to do before an album is complete

You are right, instead of 0% we should up our expectations to 1%

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ah, I thought you were saying that it would be played live on Tuesday and then released at midnight on the same day.

I doubt they will debut it live before its release though. It just doesn't make sense to play it live while they have started a campaign in order to build anticipation. It would be a mistake if they did that.

I just think that the counter stops at midnight Tuesday night/Wed so I can see them playing the song and saying it'll be our Friday but you can pre-purchase it tonight. Then you'll have articles all week about the song and how GnR played it live before it actually drops.

3 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I just think that the counter stops at midnight Tuesday night/Wed so I can see them playing the song and saying it'll be our Friday but you can pre-purchase it tonight. Then you'll have articles all week about the song and how GnR played it live before it actually drops.

I think it would be a big risk to play the song live before the studio version comes out, because it would be judged from the live version which will be definitely subpar (at least vocally). Only with Absurd there wasn't such issue.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it would be a big risk to play the song live before the studio version comes out, because it would be judged from the live version which will be definitely subpar (at least vocally). Only with Absurd there wasn't such issue.

I think Axl is just gonna play it when he feels like it. He might not even play it on the 11th 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

I think Axl is just gonna play it when he feels like it. He might not even play it on the 11th 🤣🤣

I agree with this, especially the second part.

But, to add to my point above, if videos of the live version are out there before the studio release, they risk losing views on Spotify etc., as the people who won't be particularly impressed by the song won't check it out on the platforms.

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've thought since it leaked that Perhaps would fit Axl's current abilities well. I'm guessing it will be similar to PTU, maybe a couple mickey lines but strong overall. I hope they play it live before it's released.

The General on the other hand, I hope the exact opposite...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've thought since it leaked that Perhaps would fit Axl's current abilities well. I'm guessing it will be similar to PTU, maybe a couple mickey lines but strong overall. I hope they play it live before it's released.

The General on the other hand, I hope the exact opposite...

It's not so much about mickey lines. I'm afraid that the chorus will be a mess the first time they play it :lol:

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's not so much about mickey lines. I'm afraid that the chorus will be a mess the first time they play it :lol:

It seems like Axl will only sing the "you're all alone" lines so I think it will be fine. If he were singing the other parts, it would probably be a mess like Hardschool was.

5 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

We also don’t know if Hard Skool was reworked as its current version before Slash and Duff came back. We only know Absurd was basically the same because of the Bumblefoot leak in 2018. . Hard School could’ve been reworked prior to Slash and Duff returning 

While that is possible, I believe the 2000 mix of Hard Skool was much closer to whatever "final" CD era mix they had in 2014 (or whatever). I'm basing that assumption on that most of the other mixes from around that time that were included on the 2008 album were not changed vastly, at least not enough to be considered re-worked, and there was little or no need to, due to the lineup around the time the album dropped. 

I was actually thinking about how the 2008 mix of Jackie Chan aka Hardschool sounded. If I were a betting man, I'd say it was close to the 2000 mix, with the usual amount of additional or over production the rest of the album suffered from, but still had all of Robin's and whomever else's leads intact, Brain instead of Josh on drums, and perhaps a more elaborate introl so it just doesn't cut in from a guitar. I wonder if they had the extended/repeated chorus vocals in the end that the official version had. 

4 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't get the whole drooling over Robin's solo on this... 

It's not exactly a classic like NR or SCOM. The main part of the solo is about 12 seconds long... 

It's a solo that never really takes off

Perhaps doesn't really warrant a long drawn out epic solo like TWAT, SCOM, etc. Robin's initial high note meshes very well with Axl's vocals that lead into the solo. I hope Slash at least tries to capture Robin's feel on that track. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Why bother having Izzy in the band on the records, or ronnie wood in the stones. why bother even having a bassist, slash could easily play bass... paul Mcartney was the best bassist, drummer and guitarist in the beatles, sod the rest of them!

But hopefully you see now, that is why fortus should be on the record.

Yes but this is copy and paste job over parts that are 24 years old. It's not a real band recording. 

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Like 1