Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

23 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It seems like Axl will only sing the "you're all alone" lines so I think it will be fine. If he were singing the other parts, it would probably be a mess like Hardschool was.

That’s so lame in my opinion. The chorus Is best part of the song. I get using playback for backing vocals sometimes (still lamer than divying up with band members), but that part is the main vocal line

• Like 1

I have no faith that Slash will record a better solo than Robin, but I hope I'm wrong. Same with Brian's solo on Atlas, I'm pretty sure we've heard the best solos on these leftovers, but of course I'm still curious to hear the official versions. I think Perhaps has will sound better with Slash and Duff than Absurd/HS did...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

That’s so lame in my opinion. The chorus Is best part of the song. I get using playback for backing vocals sometimes (still lamer than divying up with band members), but that part is the main vocal line

In 2006-10 he would've nailed the chorus, but tbh as long as they have Duff and Melissa high in the mix I think it will be fine. Of course it would be better without a backing track, but they use tracks on other songs so as long as it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, it could work.

It would be interesting to hear Axl scream his way through the chorus while Melissa does the "you're all alone" lines though.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I have no faith that Slash will record a better solo than Robin, but I hope I'm wrong. Same with Brian's solo on Atlas, I'm pretty sure we've heard the best solos on these leftovers, but of course I'm still curious to hear the official versions. I think Perhaps has will sound better with Slash and Duff than Absurd/HS did...

I agree, and I hope so too.

I'm more concerned about the songs with Bucket leads and solos, and their fate. 

• Like 1

Cool beans. Hope we get more songs sooner instead of waiting on them in August and September every year (If they do release another one).

Wonder if these 4 are going to be on the new album, i'd rather they do something completely new.

1 minute ago, ©GnrPersia said:

By the way, weren't most of you AFD fans making fun of Chinese Democracy tracks?

How come you're all hyped up about CD tracks now? LOL

Perhaps they were wrong… aye aye..

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't know why people are so worried, it's hardly a classic solo. 

It's not like NR or SCOM. It's literally about 12 seconds long and never really goes anywhere anyways

• Like 4

Not sure why people don’t believe this is real. It’s legitimate. That doesn’t mean plans won’t change, ‘cause this is GNR. So we shouldn’t bet on “Perhaps.”  But that page was 100 percent real and came from their own linkfire and record label

3 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't know why people are so worried, it's hardly a classic solo. 

It's not like NR or SCOM. It's literally about 12 seconds long and never really goes anywhere anyways

It's at least 30 seconds and fits the song perfectly imo. I think Slash could do a classic solo on Perhaps, but I don't think he will. I hope I'm wrong and he knocks it out of the park, and the soundcheck solo's were just improvisations...

I don’t know anything about Spotify and this “pre-save” stuff, but if I had to guess, the song may get released to radio on Tuesday, possibly with a video for the song on the VEVO page on You Tube. Then it becomes available for purchase on Friday.

I think they’ll perform it at tonight’s show, since the cat’s out of the bag about it’s impending release.

5 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I don’t know anything about Spotify and this “pre-save” stuff, but if I had to guess, the song may get released to radio on Tuesday, possibly with a video for the song on the VEVO page on You Tube. Then it becomes available for purchase on Friday.

I think they’ll perform it at tonight’s show, since the cat’s out of the bag about it’s impending release.

A pre save, save the song to your spotify library. You can't listen to the song until the day of release.

18 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Me!!!!! And I'm not ashamed...Is Slash, Duff and Axl...case closed:P

Alright, enjoy Perhaps, HS and Silkworms and any future CD tracks folks. 

Welcome to the Chinese Democracy world. Arms wide open.

Just don't overdose listening cause Death Cube K might appear in your nightmares lol

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1