Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

7 hours ago, Joraz said:

in AU perhaps makes GnR the 5th option in Spotify. Not gonna lie i think us leaking the linkfire probs killed plans of an August 11 release

Lol, a forum cannot kill plans of a songs release :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

9 hours ago, Joraz said:

in AU perhaps makes GnR the 5th option in Spotify. Not gonna lie i think us leaking the linkfire probs killed plans of an August 11 release

It also does if you look for slither and TV eye in my country, it might just be the way the algorithm works 

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What are you talking about? Absurd is almost identical to the 2006 version of the song (the leak with Bumblefoot). Slash and Duff didn't re-work it at all.

Different into, completely new guitars over verses, first verse lines rearranged, new bass line/fills, completely new chorus, completely new guitar licks on the chorus that changes the dynamic of the song.  Moving away from a synth driven song to a guitar driven song...

That is completely reworked.

Perhaps will only be different due to the addition of a new solo and possibly a new guitar fill here or there.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You're talking about Silkworms from the Village discs, but there's a different version that leaked about a year earlier, and is the same as Absurd. The released version is the same as the mid-2000s version except Slash and Duff are pasted in, instead of Bumblefoot. I'll send you the Bumblefoot version if you haven't heard it...

Well, I stand corrected.  I hadn't heard that Bumblefoot version.  That certainly is very similar to the released version of Absurd.  Bummer.  I thought Slash/Duff reworked the classic Silkworms (Village, RIR, etc.) and made it their own.  

Regardless, I still think there will be very little change to the released version of Perhaps.  Which to me, isn't bad since already like the song.  Actually, it might be worse since I like the original solo.  Just hope they can sort out the chorus so it doesn't sound like a mess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kozydogg said:

Well, I stand corrected.  I hadn't heard that Bumblefoot version.  That certainly is very similar to the released version of Absurd.  Bummer.  I thought Slash/Duff reworked the classic Silkworms (Village, RIR, etc.) and made it their own.  

Regardless, I still think there will be very little change to the released version of Perhaps.  Which to me, isn't bad since already like the song.  Actually, it might be worse since I like the original solo.  Just hope they can sort out the chorus so it doesn't sound like a mess.

Someone, I hope, exists a mix of Silkworms similar to the one with Bumblefoot, but with all of Bucket's leads and the full lyrics that were present on the live performances. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You're talking about Silkworms from the Village discs, but there's a different version that leaked about a year earlier, and is the same as Absurd. The released version is the same as the mid-2000s version except Slash and Duff are pasted in, instead of Bumblefoot. I'll send you the Bumblefoot version if you haven't heard it...

I'm guessing that's the one I have – similar to the released version (no "What can I do, with a bitch like you" part). Wish they'd left that bit in and it was in the released version. I mean, I like the released version, but liked the Rock in Rio version too

For what it's worth: on my Spotify (Italy) I've been trying to search for all kinds of GNR unreleased titles since the "spotify-gate" started months ago. I never got a single result. None of those titles ever returned any GNR-related results to me.

Today, if I search for 'Perhaps', Guns N'Roses is the first result under "artists".

• Like 1

Re Silkworms, whilst the guitar riffs are the same the lead lines definitely aren’t. Ron’s lead stuff is far more metally and in keeping with the track. The thing is, whilst Slash’s bluesy playing is a stark contrast to the track it really works for me even though it shouldn’t. Slash made it into a song I actually like and indeed I thought it was the highlight of the Glastonbury set. 

Speaking of Ron, I’ve been checking out the Sons of Apollo records and it really hammered home how much I’d have loved him to have had some real input into GN’R songwriting wise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

For what it's worth: on my Spotify (Italy) I've been trying to search for all kinds of GNR unreleased titles since the "spotify-gate" started months ago. I never got a single result. None of those titles ever returned any GNR-related results to me.

Today, if I search for 'Perhaps', Guns N'Roses is the first result under "artists".

Can you screenshot this? Not saying I don't believe you, just why would the BAND "Perhaps" not be the first result in your search for artists when searching for Perhaps?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

8 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I can confirm

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Can you screenshot this? Not saying I don't believe you, just why would the BAND "Perhaps" not be the first result in your search for artists when searching for Perhaps?

The band Perhaps shows up as the second result after GNR. Maybe because GNR are more popular.

Screenshot_752.jpeg

I uploaded the screenshot on tinypic, but it says it's going to be deleted after three weeks, so it's going to disappear from here eventually.

Also, none of the other titles (The General, Atlas, Soul Monster...) are returning any GNR results for me.

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I know i keep repeating this but this is what this thread was originally about, the link is still dead, what’s gonna happen with the countdown then? Start at 2 days 23 hours?   

My guess from launching similar webpages with counters is that the counter is irrelevant. It's a feature baked into the page design. If it went live last week it would have been for 10 days XX hours XX minutes. If it goes live Thursday it'll be for 23 hours 59 minutes. Then it'll disappear once the end date/time is reached. 

From other bands I listen to that release singles nonchalantly (which I feels this will follow a similar pattern), Tuesday morning the link will go up with some little announcement. Tuesday mornings tend to be king for social media engagement, particularly when announcing something for the end of the week. I'm guessing this is a pretty standard rollout with minimal effort put into it. Single releases Friday, in a few weeks we get a lyric video on Youtube, and that'll be about it. I wouldn't expect an actual music video or album announcement or anything significant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kozydogg said:

I think somehow a lot of people here missed the Absurd/OMG leaks with Bumblefoot, they're definitely interesting to hear even though the quality isn't great.

Yea, Perhaps doesn't seem to have been restructured since the Village sessions, which is fine because it's my favourite of the leaks. It would be nice if Axl wrote a 2nd verse at some point though, instead of repeating the 1st verse.