Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

The Linktree wouldn’t redirect to GNR… we would still be getting a 404 error (Try gunsnroses.lnk.to/thegeneral for example). I think the stuff over the weekend was beta, and the countdown will officially launch after the show today. 

If I remember correctly, “Absurd” made its live “debut” at the second show of the 2021 tour, and then the studio version was released after the third show. There’s a show today and then on the 11th (the date mentioned on the test site from UMG.) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

The Linktree wouldn’t redirect to GNR… we would still be getting a 404 error (Try gunsnroses.lnk.to/thegeneral for example). I think the stuff over the weekend was beta, and the countdown will officially launch after the show today. 

If I remember correctly, “Absurd” made its live “debut” at the second show of the 2021 tour, and then the studio version was released after the third show. There’s a show today and then on the 11th (the date mentioned on the test site from UMG.) 

this is possibly the most likely scenario, id say if they dont play or at the absolute least announce it as existing at the show tonight then id say its been postponed 

8 minutes ago, Joraz said:

this is possibly the most likely scenario, id say if they dont play or at the absolute least announce it as existing at the show tonight then id say its been postponed 

If the powers that be postpone it AFTER creating the beta, securing a date, and creating hype around it (articles already being written about the expected drop), there’s gonna be a lot of pissed people… 

I always try and give them the benefit of the doubt (even going to see them next week), but man, this tug-and-pull gets annoying after a while. 

Just now, GNRRHCP98 said:

If the powers that be postpone it AFTER creating the beta, securing a date, and creating hype around it (articles already being written about the expected drop), there’s gonna be a lot of pissed people… 

I always try and give them the benefit of the doubt (even going to see them next week), but man, this tug-and-pull gets annoying after a while. 

Also soundcheck today will probably be quite revealing… if anyone gets the inside scoop on that. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

even if the release of Perhaps is postponed, I believe it's coming anyway soon enough.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joraz said:

would the countdown have finished by now? I personally think we wont get anything August 11

Like someone said a few pages back, the countdown is irrelevant.

It was a test page that we weren't supposed to find out about yet, so the countdown didn't mean anything. My guess is it will be activated with the countdown ending on Friday/release date.

• Like 3

I don’t know if it works the same way for huge bands like GnR but when you want to release a new song on streaming, it normally takes a while from the time the artist uploads it to the label/distributor’s platform to the day it actually gets out. That’s because all of the othre things that come with releasing a new track or album need to be in place before the actual release: 

- The streaming platform will a analyse the song and see if it fits into its main playlists and, if it does, get ready to add it to each one upon release.

- The streaming service will analyse the other releases that day to see how much of a spotlight your release will have, for example, in the home screen of the app, in the hot new stuff section, in the specific genre-relates new releases section, and specially un the customized recommendations of each listener according to the data they have on their musical taste and preferences.

- It also gives enough time for the artist to have private streaming links on these platforms so their PR can send these links to reviewers, sites, magazines, etc

- Finally, it takes at least a day or two for the streaming platforms to analyse your album artwork. They can demand alterations according to their platform rules. I myself had to alter one of my album covers because it was a retro-looking cover that had mentions to outdated audio quality which might confuse digital streaming users. Plus, if you have a custom animation like Spotify Canvas, etc… that also needs to get approved (although its usually a lot quicker and more simple for these animations)

My point is - if that track was ready to launch to the point where it had gone through most of these stages and met the right conditions, I doubt they would cancel it for no good reason. Its still probably gonna be released some time soon, we just don’t know when. If it’s the same process for huge artists as for smaller ones, it’s not overnight and the fact that link existed and worked does not mean the release was gonna be any time soon like that. Calm down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I don’t know if it works the same way for huge bands like GnR but when you want to release a new song on streaming, it normally takes a while from the time the artist uploads it to the label/distributor’s platform to the day it actually gets out. That’s because all of the othre things that come with releasing a new track or album need to be in place before the actual release: 

- The streaming platform will a analyse the song and see if it fits into its main playlists and, if it does, get ready to add it to each one upon release.

- The streaming service will analyse the other releases that day to see how much of a spotlight your release will have, for example, in the home screen of the app, in the hot new stuff section, in the specific genre-relates new releases section, and specially un the customized recommendations of each listener according to the data they have on their musical taste and preferences.

- It also gives enough time for the artist to have private streaming links on these platforms so their PR can send these links to reviewers, sites, magazines, etc

- Finally, it takes at least a day or two for the streaming platforms to analyse your album artwork. They can demand alterations according to their platform rules. I myself had to alter one of my album covers because it was a retro-looking cover that had mentions to outdated audio quality which might confuse digital streaming users. Plus, if you have a custom animation like Spotify Canvas, etc… that also needs to get approved (although its usually a lot quicker and more simple for these animations)

My point is - if that track was ready to launch to the point where it had gone through most of these stages and met the right conditions, I doubt they would cancel it for no good reason. Its still probably gonna be released some time soon, we just don’t know when. If it’s the same process for huge artists as for smaller ones, it’s not overnight and the fact that link existed and worked does not mean the release was gonna be any time soon like that. Calm down.

The specificity of the release date makes me think this is it. Since the fandom has been tinkering with the link for quite a while, maybe we just so happened to stumble upon the test they were more than likely trying to keep under wraps this weekend.

I’ll bet dollars to donuts the artwork is gonna be the magic 8 ball, similar to how “Hard Skool” had the locker and “Absurd” with that weird Medusa thing. The fact there is even some artwork/theme for the song is also very promising and to me more evidence of an imminent launch.

15 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah same for me, also for Atlas Shrugged. 

Got a screenshot bud? I’ve just tried searching for atlas using a US VPN but nada 

Edit - just tried Brazil and Atlas is bringing up GnR 

Edited by gavgnr

8 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I read that the song was a Paul Tobias track written in 98. And he plays/played piano. 

I suppose you read it in the comments on youtube. It's a troll who comments under various videos of unreleased or alleged GN'R songs saying that they were definitely written by Paul Tobias, but doesn't know what "Rose" contributed :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

I suppose you read it in the comments on youtube. It's a troll who comments under various videos of unreleased or alleged GN'R songs saying that they were definitely written by Paul Tobias, but doesn't know what "Rose" contributed :lol:

I think it was mentioned on here after the YouTube comment I guess. 

I WANT to believe still, Paul is an enigma. I like to think of him having this great songwriting ability. It adds even more weirdness to the situation. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I think it was mentioned on here after the YouTube comment I guess. 

I WANT to believe still, Paul is an enigma. I like to think of him having this great songwriting ability. It adds even more weirdness to the situation. 

OK (I guess). But these youtube comments are nothing to rely on. The same user wrote that "Shallow" (the fake "early GN'R song") was written by Tobias as well. 

Perhaps brings up an official GnR Apple playlist too. My bet is between 10-11 am eastern time a Tweet goes out with a link in a fairly unceremonious fashion. The (magic 8) ball is in Universal’s hands now and not Team Brazil. It should be pretty status quo rollout and lack the fuckery from yesteryear. 

Perhaps I’m wrong, but barring some miraculous I wouldn’t get expectations too high. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, Amir said:

Yeah, what's the original line, "and if your ass were your head could you tell"?

I believe so. Or if you mess with your head you can tell. (Maybe I have it backwards)

Edited by Sweersa

3 hours ago, bumbleslash69 said:

Perhaps brings up an official GnR Apple playlist too. My bet is between 10-11 am eastern time a Tweet goes out with a link in a fairly unceremonious fashion. The (magic 8) ball is in Universal’s hands now and not Team Brazil. It should be pretty status quo rollout and lack the fuckery from yesteryear. 

Perhaps I’m wrong, but barring some miraculous I wouldn’t get expectations too high. 

Confirmed here too Australian Spotify Perhaps brings up official Guns n Roses on Top and on Artists

Screenshot_20230809_001602_Spotify.thumb.jpg.39066bb0fe187a00c136b5c3f15e16c8.jpg