Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Just wish they would promote something properly for once. Like when they teased the AFD boxset with the billboards popping up everywhere and the website with the countdown, they should do something like that for this. I'm hoping that if it is actually postponed to next week that it's part of something bigger, like a new album announcement.

1 hour ago, Uncle Bob said:

They will just play it without saying a word.

If anything Axl will say "This is perhaps", "Perhaps this is a new song" or "That was fun". That's it.

The closest we got to some promotion regarding Absurd was Axl saying the other day, 2 years after its release, the meaning of "Pussy full of maggots"

Is that accurate? Lol. Cause I mean…did that really need an explanation?

Honestly, who cares about a surprise release being “spoiled” by a message board and randomly reported on? What % of the music listening public is even aware of stuff like this? It’s really just this community who cares to wait and dissect 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

To be fair, it's kind of awkward for them (Axl especially) to talk about these songs. What to say about Hard Skool, for example? "I wrote the lyrics when I was angry at this guy with the tophat right here"? He may say something when he's in the mood to talk, which could be never.

I think their main problem with us finding out about linkfire links, test pages, setlists, soundchecks, etc. is that it messes up with the "narrative" they want to get across about these songs and the promotion they have planned to do. You would say "what promotion" since they barely do any. Well, exactly. They want to be as vague as possible in their press releases about the origins of the songs, who wrote them, who plays on them, etc.

And when we find out about these clues and then it gets picked up by the media, the news articles include all the known information about the songs, like that they are from the CD sessions, which diminishes interest among the general public, as the casuals who read it realize that the "new" song is in fact an old one and from an era that Slash was not in the band.

It's ultimately their own fault. The "surprise release" formula doesn't work with these songs, since after Absurd fans have been actively looking for clues. It would be better if they did it in the conventional way: announce it beforehand and send out a press release for the media. In that way the publicity would stem from the content of the press release, even if some media included additional information.

Really logical assessment there. With Axl and GNR for decades.. he or Team Brazil seem to be seeking out things to piss them off.. they love excuses and delays clearly. It’s like someone gets off on it with how pathetic this is

The reactions on this thread are pathetic. There is no delay because nothing was ever officially scheduled. This is all desperate speculation based on circular logic, with nothing ever announced officially from the band. This is exactly the reason they practice a media blackout. I’m anxiously awaiting new music too, but damn, stop acting like someone’s fever dreams are inside info. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, General2112 said:

I hope the physical copy is The General/ Perhaps and on the R side it’s Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up live 

And not release the General on streaming before the physical product is released.

Might get Atlas too

5 minutes ago, Dlaz said:

The reactions on this thread are pathetic. There is no delay because nothing was ever officially scheduled. This is all desperate speculation based on circular logic, with nothing ever announced officially from the band. This is exactly the reason they practice a media blackout. I’m anxiously awaiting new music too, but damn, stop acting like someone’s fever dreams are inside info. 

Internal delays do exist...

5 minutes ago, Dlaz said:

Duff saying "something is happening soon" and a roadie who is with the band like forever confirming that there's a single in the pipeline is not nothing.

• Like 1