Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

8 hours ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

So if this is any consolation, Victoria Justice and Olivia Rodrigo have singles coming out Friday, hitting the streaming services midnight EST.

Well it would’ve been very inappropriate for Guns to release a single the same day. I’m glad they decided to postpone the release of Perhaps out of respect for those two 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think it's a marketing campaign. The leaked countdown link was not a mistake. It's the laziest kind of promotion, but it works - you don't have to do anything but let this thing "accidentally" slip and then just sit back and enjoy the buzz. 

No one involved in this is clever enough to plan for anything like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, it isn't.

I feel as though my original point has been misconstrued… I was hoping for “Perhaps” to be released similarly (midnight EST.)

In any event, it being performed live at Hershey would be nice, considering the negative reception from their last time there. 

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

How is it ? Not once has GNR or anyone from their management said its actually up for release on the 11th ? 

It didn't come from the band 

People associated with the band said something was coming soon (even before the 11th technically) and they didn’t refute any of the stories last week. It would take 20 seconds to do so. The silence now is the problem imo. 

Just now, GNRRHCP98 said:

I feel as though my original point has been misconstrued… I was hoping for “Perhaps” to be released similarly (midnight EST.)

Yes, it was :lol: I get what you mean, but no, it is surely not coming out this week, let's wait for a release new week instead.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Yes, it was :lol: I get what you mean, but no, it is surely not coming out this week, let's wait for a release new week instead.

I’m seeing them at MetLife… my chances of hearing Perhaps live have diminished :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

People associated with the band said something was coming soon (even before the 11th technically) and they didn’t refute any of the stories last week. It would take 20 seconds to do so. The silence now is the problem imo. 

Yeah, it has mostly been a problem since 1994. But still, the single is obviously coming and since something delayed it's release on the 11th it is likely to be just around the corner. I have no doubts. 

Just now, GNRRHCP98 said:

I’m seeing them at MetLife… my chances of hearing Perhaps live have diminished :facepalm:

I am afraid it has diminished a bit. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to play it live before they release it. Always hope, never expect.

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

That website wouldn’t have gone live without some kind of agreement in place between the label, the band, and management. 

The band may not have acknowledged it, but it’s clear that a plan was in place, and that the song was supposed to come out on the 11th. That site wasn’t activated by accident.

Actually the band might have had no knowledge of this information being available or being released. 

Take a step back and look at it from this prospective. 

Is Universal Music making any financial revenue from the band touring over the last 7 years when it's core business is selling records.

The answer is very simple - 0% revenue. 

Maybe the record label are trying to get in on the action without the support of the band or their management.

It might be the band pushed back..

Edited by kiwiguns

4 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Actually the band might have had no knowledge of this information being available or being released. 

Is Universal Music making any financial revenue from the band touring over the last 7 years when it's core business is selling records.

Maybe the record label are trying to get in on the action without the support of he band nor their management. 

Or you know, it is GNR's plans changing on the fly because of GNR, which seems pretty on brand since 1993

Edited by WhazUp

20 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Maybe the record label are trying to get in on the action without the support of the band or their management.

The label wouldn’t do something like that without the band and/or Team Brazil being notified. The industry just doesn’t work that way. 

It’s not the label. It’s not TB. It’s not an issue of not knowing how to release music.

Theres been one singular constant in the past 32 years that has led to us getting 1 album of new material and 3 singles. 

There is no one else to blame.

• Like 1

People here always claim that there are no interest of new GNR music outside of a few hundreds on this board, but Hard Skool almost without any promotion have almost 17 mill. plays on Spotify and I think was played regulary on rock radio.

A little more promotion and a song that I think will win over the general public in a better way and it will gain way more plays on streaming and views on youtube (if a video is made, hopefully not just a lyric video)

46 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Stop this crap. This is GnR. No one else. Are you fernando? or even worse... JARMO

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, betterman said:

People here always claim that there are no interest of new GNR music outside of a few hundreds on this board, but Hard Skool almost without any promotion have almost 17 mill. plays on Spotify and I think was played regulary on rock radio.

A little more promotion and a song that I think will win over the general public in a better way and it will gain way more plays on streaming and views on youtube (if a video is made, hopefully not just a lyric video)

17 million is very weak for a single for a band with songs streamed over a billion times and 30 million Facebook followers 

9 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

On the day that Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich, breaking tens of millions of hearts, destroying Tottenham Hotsput Football club, GnR couldn't even release a 24 year old (and 3 year old re recorded) single song on the day they chose it to be released to soften any blow. This band is criminal. 

Imagine getting sad over someone/spending 100mill on someone who never won anything in his life.

• Haha 1