Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

And then do a proper interview with pre-selected topics (not the new album, for the love of god, that’s a Pentagon top secret!), telling us something about the songs. They released two singles two years ago, yet to date haven’t given us a single bit of information regarding their origin, background, anything. Who does this?

I can only imagine the forums if this actually happened.

Slash: “So Axl sent me a bunch of songs in the fall of 2020 while we were locked down and asked if I could come out to Malibu to record some guitars for them, and…”

MyGNRForum: “A bunch? Slash said a bunch. There can be up to 100 bananas in a bunch. That’s 100 songs. Minus Absurd, Hard Skool, and Perhaps, that means Slash worked on 97 more songs! They’re releasing the vault! I think The General comes out next month and then P.R.L.!”

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

It was definitely known in the media pre album release that the Illusions albums would have some Appetite era material on it. Axl I believe said it to the media, he made a remark about Nov Rain saying something like “it wasn’t ready” for Appetite, I think he also mentioned YCBM & Don’t Cry in that interview also. Don’t forget TV & Music print media reached millions of people back in the days the same as websites do now. (It just took wayyyy fucking longer to get info) 

I mostly meant low numbers of people had actually heard the unreleased material prior to it appearing on UYI, but I agree with your point.

I like Perhaps, but I'm more excited for what could happen after. Just like how Absurd came out before Hard Skool (i hate both their names with a passion, it's not 2008 anymore Axl!) maybe something more exciting will come after Perhaps, like The General or whatever else they've been tinkering on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maystar said:

I like Perhaps, but I'm more excited for what could happen after. Just like how Absurd came out before Hard Skool (i hate both their names with a passion, it's not 2008 anymore Axl!) maybe something more exciting will come after Perhaps, like The General or whatever else they've been tinkering on.

Or...more stinkers like State of Grace and Atlas which is a lot more likely than something interresting or cool.

Because, GnR.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Maystar said:

Probably nothing (not the dreamy, raggaeish track from the village leaks, though)

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

363517136_669888711692295_74248160233938

What is this?:shock:

6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Or...more stinkers like State of Grace and Atlas which is a lot more likely than something interresting or cool.

Because, GnR.

I personally like State of Grace, but it would need new vocals to sound acceptable for a full release i think, at least in some parts. Atlas is meh, don't love it don't hate it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Probably nothing (not the dreamy, raggaeish track from the village leaks, though)

Nothing is likely, but if we got Nothing I wouldn't mind,  but we probably won't get Nothing because Hard Skool (kould they have named it something kooler!) cannibalised Nothing, thus we won't be getting Nothing. :(

2 minutes ago, Maystar said:

Nothing is likely, but if we got Nothing I wouldn't mind,  but we probably won't get Nothing because Hard Skool (kould they have named it something kooler!) cannibalised Nothing, thus we won't be getting Nothing. :(

Hard Skool cannibalised Nothing?

15 years since Chinese D and all we get are remixed tracks that sucked 20 years ago. What a band!  

The General is going to suck and if it was good Axl would have wanted it out. Another meandering mess of a song. 

Perhaps has some interesting parts but the Chorus is another mumbling mess that nobody can sing along to or relate to. 

Edited by Fozzie Bear
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Cosmo said:

Hard Skool cannibalised Nothing?

I think I read something about that elsewhere on the forum, not anything major was taken from Nothing, just some vocals.(no lyrics) But if they wanted to release that song ever they'd have to replace those borrowed vocals with something else.

I could be wrong, but I recall people complaining that they were taking vocals from other songs to fill out Hard Skool, and I believe they were talking about Nothing.

Just now, Maystar said:

I think I read something about that elsewhere on the forum, not anything major was taken from Nothing, just some vocals.(no lyrics) But if they wanted to release that song ever they'd have to replace those borrowed vocals with something else.

I could be wrong, but I recall people complaining that they were taking vocals from other songs to fill out Hard Skool, and I believe they were talking about Nothing.

I read it was Eye On You. Hope so... Nothing could be released if worked on. Eye On You's kinda meh, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I read it was Eye On You. Hope so... Nothing could be released if worked on. Eye On You's kinda meh, IMO.

Hard Skool borrowed a little from Eye On You.

Nothing was on the CD2 list in 2008 as "Nothin", as a song considered for it. So that implies they worked on it since the 2000 mix, or at least still viewed it as something they wanted to finish and release. 

4 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Now that you mention it I do remember Eye On You being in those conversations, I think Nothing might have been speculated on in that regard, but it seems to have been proven to be Eye On You. My mistake, it was just for my silly gag anyways.

Either way I think both songs are nice. 

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Here's what I think has happened:

The band obviously wants to release more of the unreleased CD songs, that's clear from everything Slash has said. They were then working on releasing Perhaps this year but didn't want to make an early announcement of it impending release without a release date, although Duff vaguely mentioned that we could hear news within a couple of weeks, which could be about anything. As the band was preparing for the release, Tom Mayhue kind of spoke out of turn - the band had no intention of announcing anything - and media went with it. It was still too soon to make an announcement for the band because they wasn't sure on when the exact release date was gonna be. What were they going to say, "Yes, erm, as Mayhue pointed out, we are going to release a new song, we just don't know when"? So while we started to get excited about the release of Perhaps, the band continued to work out the arrangements and ended up on a tentative release date of August 11, with promotion/marketing being prepared to actually announce this release some days prior. Unfortunately, we figured this date out before it was ready to be announced, because the band needed some extra time to finalize it. The band is now not going to publicly say that the release has been postponed, because the actual release isn't even publicly disclosed yet. They will finalize the arrangements and then they will either make an announcement in advance, or just drop the single. Hopefully, whatever is left to be arranged will be minor and we get to hear Perhaps next week. 

Great post.

My take is that the mix/mastering wasn't ready. Just speculating from their activity in studios. This is partially biased with hope that the song gets a decent audio treatment, after they learn with the obvious mistake of the brickwalled Hard Skool.

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Great post.

My take is that the mix/mastering wasn't ready. Just speculating from their activity in studios. This is partially biased with hope that the song gets a decent audio treatment, after they learn with the obvious mistake of the brickwalled Hard Skool.

I think it'll probably still be brickwalled to all hell. 

5 hours ago, JimiRose said:

On the day that Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich, breaking tens of millions of hearts, destroying Tottenham Hotsput Football club, GnR couldn't even release a 24 year old (and 3 year old re recorded) single song on the day they chose it to be released to soften any blow. This band is criminal. 

Just don't piss the money you get for his transfer fee away - like you did with the Gareth Bale money 

Bwahahahaha.