Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

29 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

If your metrics is the 'numbers' and'competition' then, yes, KPOP and Justin Bieber are better than Pink Floyd or Black Sabbath.

But I can't argue about your point regarding old GNR fans being satisfied with the current state of the band. Of course they're happy seeing idols together having fun. ❤️

Success metrics aside, I am not sure how one compares the NuGNR body of work (CD) against AFD/Lies/UYI output or quality wise. Maybe some believe that CD alone trumps all the previous stuff, but I tend to believe that’s a VERY small minority. Maybe you preferred the NU guys (in the various incarnations) live, but that is just about the only way I can see it, but hey it’s just my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gjezzen said:

Shit.  I think it sound so much better than the old youtube leak 🥳

Good. We need to make a pack to listen to the hell outta of it when it's officially up, as if we want more we want this to get some decent numbers and traction, despite its premature birth (again!)  We must mass watch it!

They should immediately put out the audio now on all platforms, with the hype that the video follows on Friday, so they can keep that part somewhat in line....

8 minuti fa, SoulMonster ha detto:

Ancora una volta, sono un veterano e sono un fan dal 1988. Posso solo darti la mia opinione e chiederti di non parlare per me. 

It is obvious that I am expressing my point of view and what I sell/feel around me.

No one has ever claimed to speak for others here, sorry if you thought that.

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Good. We need to make a pack to listen to the hell outta of it when it's officially up, as if we want more we want this to get some decent numbers and traction, despite its premature birth (again!)  We must mass watch it!

They should immediately put out the audio now on all platforms, with the hype that the video follows on Friday, so they can keep that part somewhat in line....

Or they gone remove it and put I back in vault for 10 years 😅

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

Why do some people think that “the general” is going to be released? It want even ever confirmed what song was on that shitty fashion show clip, it was definitely Axl. But cmon man, people just make so many assumptions based on nothing around here

I think because its the only other new song that's been on the set list twice

• Like 1

Universal asleep.....

*Phone ringing 

*1001 missed calls from #TeamBrazil

*What are those freak shows wanting? 

*Shit! No not the jukeboxes!

*But it's a Sunday....

1 hours later

"Delivery for Universal...."

"Sir I think you'll wanna open your garage! 

It's HelloFresh with your 100 tonne delivery of fresh Corn!"

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Why do some people think that “the general” is going to be released? It want even ever confirmed what song was on that shitty fashion show clip, it was definitely Axl. But cmon man, people just make so many assumptions based on nothing around here

Because some people believe it was featured on a setlist. 

On 8/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, Amir said:

If you open the background video in a new tab you can see GN'R in the bottom right. Possible cover for a single?

perhaps.jpg

Wahey, called it 😉

Well done @BillConnor_1982, will have to buy you a drink at a bar some time, will let you pick what to play on the jukebox 🎸

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, alfa75 said:

Success metrics aside, I am not sure how one compares the NuGNR body of work (CD) against AFD/Lies/UYI output or quality wise. Maybe some believe that CD alone trumps all the previous stuff, but I tend to believe that’s a VERY small minority. Maybe you preferred the NU guys (in the various incarnations) live, but that is just about the only way I can see it, but hey it’s just my opinion.

Personally, I love both. I see them as distinct. Like Deep Purple MkII v MKVII. I was sad to see the original band fall apart, and equally sad that NuGuns did not live up to the huge opportunity and that we didn’t hear more Bucket + Axl. Certainly I think what we have now (legacy tours, worse musicianship, no new music) is worse than both those eras (although not as bad as the Ashba years).

Obviously quantity wise “original” Guns win.

Quality wise some of Guns best songs are on CD. But songs like Paradise City and Nightrain will always remain more iconic. It is what it is, almost unheard of for any band to totally reinvent itself and match early career levels (particularly when that early career was so successful). Probably an impossible job. There is no true comparable precedent that I can think of.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Personally, I love both. I see them as distinct. Like Deep Purple MkII v MKVII. I was sad to see the original band fall apart, and equally sad that NuGuns did not live up to the huge opportunity and that we didn’t hear more Bucket + Axl. Certainly I think what we have now (legacy tours, worse musicianship, no new music) is worse than both those eras (although not as bad as the Ashba years).

Obviously quantity wise “original” Guns win.

Quality wise some of Guns best songs are on CD. But songs like Paradise City and Nightrain will always remain more iconic. It is what it is, almost unheard of for any band to totally reinvent itself and match early career levels (particularly when that early career was so successful). Probably an impossible job. There is no true comparable precedent that I can think of.

Bucket  can't  fill more than  a small theater. 

about the CD  quality topic, that's  just like your opinion man, wasn't  well accepted with the general  public. In the Public eye wasn't  the same band either.