Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea..mthe whole thing is likely to be better. The village take is probably just an early vocal pass. Of course it would be better even if just the same, with modern tech, if done right.....

They seem to be taking the forthcoming releases a bit more seriously...

Perhaps is a song that has more merit than the last two, so could get decent radio traction for a while too...please have a video drop on Friday (not just a lyric one!)

The video is just gonna be the lyrics displaying on the magic-8 ball, I bet.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Now we know there are probably different and updated vocal takes than the ones in the Village leaks, I’m rooting for a State Of Gracw release with proper vocals. That song has a nice chorus. 

I know, Perhaps just "leaked" and I’m talking about another new song but hey, I’m a greedy boy 🤭

14 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

So weird that the people that run the subreddit let a member of team management be on there. 

I don't know why they allowed it or how they were made to accept it.

The moderator is "The Syn". That's the name of the company that manages GN'R's social media, the same one that accidentally posted that press release on Linkedin about how many views Perhaps got on streaming services after their successful campaign :lol:

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The moderator is "The Syn". That's the name of the company that manages GN'R's social media, the same one that accidentally posted that press release on Linkedin about how many views Perhaps got on streaming services after their successful campaign :lol:

Can you elaborate? Seems like I've missed that part before!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, I completelly missed that LinkedIn thing. I'll have to look that up. Exciting times in the GNR world :lol:

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Oh, I completelly missed that LinkedIn thing. I'll have to look that up. Exciting times in the GNR world :lol:

It was posted in the new album thread last week. The company is The Syndicate or, abbreviated, The Syn.

https://www.thesyn.com/digitalgunsnroses

imagem.thumb.png.40e56526d1358de90e32f79

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Amir said:

<tinfoil hat time> If this is actually all planned and part of the marketing campaign, hats off to them for originality, it’s certainly different.

Have to agree, guaranteed to get press coverage over the coming days prior to a full release..... decent idea IF they actually planned it! 

• Like 1

Lol- this would only happen being a Guns N Roses fan. Crazy they don’t see or care how desperate we are for new music that we are running off to jukeboxes to make a half ass recording of a new old song . Definitely always interesting to say the least to be a GNR fan 

• Like 2

I think it's a mistake...but it's a perfect move to release songs.
A big shout out to the download-motherfuckers:

Step away from your fuckin' little keyboards and get out, get a life !!!
Go to a bar, meet real people, grab a beer...and listen to our new song !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

For the record, my good friend is in Vegas right now and after the shit hit the fan last night and I told him what was going on, he went to 15 different bars in 2 hours just to keep playing this song repeatedly. :D  

We are the best fanbase

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Why do some people think that “the general” is going to be released? It want even ever confirmed what song was on that shitty fashion show clip, it was definitely Axl. But cmon man, people just make so many assumptions based on nothing around here

Mate, you get some wankers on here that just make shit up. Several of them in fact, and it snowballs so much that they start to believe their own bullshit. Then others jump on the band wagon (pun intended), and then the groundswell of followers try to twist the crap into some form of semi-truths in their minds. Before you know it, The General is going to be released and be featured on the soundtrack for Terminator 12.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Why do some people think that “the general” is going to be released? It want even ever confirmed what song was on that shitty fashion show clip, it was definitely Axl. But cmon man, people just make so many assumptions based on nothing around here

The cell phone clip from the fashion party has been confirmed to be the General because of the similarity with the orchestral intro that was played at GN'R shows (which has been officially confirmed to be from the General).

As for the supposed upcoming release, the main clue - although not evidence - is that it has seemingly appeared on a leaked setlist from the show in Abu Dhabi.

• Like 1

Listening to it now and I've gotta say, it sounds pretty good. I can't be arsed to go back and listen to the original version, but I'm assuming this is the exact same vocal take as with Hard Skool and Absurd?

Slash's solo is much better than the non-entity that was the solo on the old version.