Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think that's a good sign though, no?

It is a leak, technically, although a harmless one for them at first glance. My 2 cents about why they pulled it from TouchTunes: 1) The reason the release was postponed was that they wanted to make changes to the song, so they didn't want a "non-proper" version to be out there OR 2) Their main problem is the publicity it generated, which is not the kind of publicity they want - they don't like articles that contain information about the origins of the song.

Their social media have been silent for three days. They haven't even posted the usual "thank you"+pictures for the Hershey show.

How would they expect to control publicity mentioning that the song is a CD era retread? Anyone writing an article about it would know that to be accurate.

1 minute ago, Martin Riggs said:

How would they expect to control publicity mentioning that the song is a CD era retread? Anyone writing an article about it would know that to be accurate.

True. But if, say, there was no publicity before the release or the pre-release campaign that would be accompanied by an official press release, the majority of the media would just rely on the press release for information about the song. So, even if some more informed media included additional information in their articles, the "narrative" would be mostly controlled by GN'R.

7 minutes ago, LandOla said:

Perhaps Perhaps is an EP/LP release, not just one track. I want to believe.

If they release anything more It'll likely be an EP imo. Probably same format as last time.

Not expecting it to release straight away, though. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

Axl, if you are reading this. Please take this opportunity to put Robin's solo back, which is way better than Slash's replacement. The Slash solo sucks big time and is completely out of place in the song.  Perhaps will get more play time with the Robin solo. Could hit #1 with Robin solo and not even chart with Slash solo. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Sounds like a different take to me :shrugs:https://voca.ro/1f8dke7SMSp1

To my ears, that line sounds like the same take - only that the 'new' vocals are overlayed with effects (like HS). That's not to say there aren't newer vocals in the song though (there definitely are - like the 'hey heys' and 'ahhhs').

• Like 3