Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

I do prefer it to the leak and it's definetely been re-recorded, or at least parts of it. Which, if they didn't just use another take, means we'd have new Axl vocals for the first time since Rock the Rock.

I'm usually not one to comment ln instrumentals but that solo really f'n blows and pulls the whole song down.

Edited by TheGeneral

Just now, GnR Chris said:

I gotta say, it was pretty cool to be standing by waiting for the premiere on live radio. We don’t really get to experience shit like that anymore. Like the old days when there’d be a world premiere of a song on radio or video on MTV. 

Had the band actually promoted this, it would have tugged on a lot of people’s heartstrings with nostalgia. Lame they didn’t say a fuckin’ word.

I guess there will be more promotion some time soon. 

When Extreme released Rise earlier in the year, the video was not ready to go until a couple of days and no news by the band at the time the single was streaming

13 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Relax, fam. Finck’s solo isn’t earth shattering. Neither is Slash’s. Only thing I miss locker leak is the “save me” bit. This “Perhaps” final cut is fantastic. 

“Save me bit”? I haven’t heard the village leak in ages (and don’t have it anymore), so idk wtf that is.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, Carlson-online said:

radio bit rate is terrible, the lossless version that willl be available in 24 hours will be much better ;)

That's not the same kind of compression. They're talking about dynamic range compression.

5 minutes ago, Pingouino said:

Thanks!

Awesome song, I also like the solo which is simple but powerful (starting on top of Robin’s play). If we never heard demo we would have never cared of this “paste”…

I disagree. It's really jarring and there's a blatant fade after Robins part. Not to mention the difference in tone. 

Imagine though when Robin left in 2008 knowing that he'll be on a future release in 15 years time mashed up with Slash.