Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

29 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

And on a side note: all this talk about magic 8balls but am I the only one thinking of the subliminal cocaine message that’s going on here?

Speaking of that, I was just reading that NY Post story about Axl parting all night at a Manhattan bar after the MetLife show…you think he still ⛷️ at his age?? Either that or Ozempic could explain the weight loss haha

5 hours ago, History2010 said:

At the very least they could have dropped Scraped and replaced it with Atlas. That would have improved the album. I think others on here have said before that if they trimmed out the 1:00 intro on Chinese Democracy and the 35 second intro on Riad then they could have fit Atlas within the CD's time limits as they were attempting to do. 

Aside from the awkward/weird intro, Scraped is a real banger, at least to me. Corny lyrics, but a fucking great vocal delivery by Axl, and a killer Buckethead solo. Drop the Scraped intro, the long CD intro, the long Riad intro, then squeeze Atlas on there. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Speaking of that, I was just reading that NY Post story about Axl parting all night at a Manhattan bar after the MetLife show…you think he still ⛷️ at his age?? Either that or Ozempic could explain the weight loss haha

No…. He just gets up around 7… PM.

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't like the "radio compression" over the one random vocal line in the second verse. On the other hand, this is the most polished-sounding of the NITL era singles. The production sounds a lot better than Absurd or HS. The drums fit, and aren't a step back like on HS.

If you are referring to the second time Axl says: "what a weight upon your shoulders..." the 2000 Village mix had that effect on it. 

I agree on the production, it's significantly better than Hard Skool and Absurd. I really hope if they make it on the eventual next album, they give them a proper mix. I have no idea what is going on with the Hard Skool drums, they are awful. The Absurd drums sound good, but are too low in the mix, IMO.

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

NYPICHPDPICT000023471857.jpgI mean, look at his pupils

• Haha 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

If they don’t make a magic 8 ball, I might do it myself 

Perhaps, You’re Crazy, Not in This Lifetime, Soon is the word, Anything Goes,   Sorry, Dive in and find the monkey, Maybe I’ll get it right next time,  Thanks to the lame ass security I’m going home

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

No way you’re not skiing at that age if you wanna stay out past midnight. ❤️❄️🏂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

No way you’re not skiing at that age if you wanna stay out past midnight. ❤️❄️🏂

Haha I kinda agree. Especially when the story is he left the VIP area to go out and party/talk with everyone in the general area. That’s zoot zoot zooted behavior 😆 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bangit said:

3.5 out of 10 😳 bit harsh. It isn't great but its certainly not awful. What would you give absurd out of interest? 

Absurd I'd give a "what were they thinking" out of 10. I don't understand the choice to release the song at all, let alone as a single. 

Hard Skool maybe a 6.5. It's simple but sounds the least "tinkered with" of the bunch.

If you go to Apple ITunes, type in Guns N Roses Perhaps, you’ll find a 27 second preview of the Perhaps video. It’s a collage of behind the scenes and on the stage so pretty boring 

the video cost $1.99

Edited by ryanf23
  • Like 1