Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

I know CD and Robin/Bucket work are really well received here (i like it too and i enjoyed CD and still listen to some songs till now) but Slash is Slash. Maybe is not his best solo but it definetly gives the song that GNR sound. He knows what to do come on he was the lead guitar of GNR 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love the piano after the solo. Fits so well. 

• Like 3

It’s decent enough. But very worrying. In 7 (or however many long) years touring they couldn’t write and release a single new song together. Is it writers block? Lack of inspiration? Fear? Or just laziness? Who knows.

Yesterdays as a single was more inspiring than this. GNR DNA all over it and the video was cool as

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Me too, Slash’s solo is growing on me. Unconventional, but it works. Def sleazy and gives it that GNR sound. I like the Robin nod, too

the first few phrases of the Slash solo remind me of some of those brief leads in Wiser Time by the Black Crowes. Now that i can actually hear this new solo clearer.

What i always loved of this band it's they work different than every other band. The song leaked from a fucking jukebox and because  "they  didn't get the memo of the delay (i don't buy it) and then release it on some radio station (loved the Hi this is Duff / This is Slash / Hi this is Axl rose intro) with no mention of the song in their social media. Because of course it's GNR they wouldn't release a single "properly". But sometimes it's what I hate from this band too 🤣

Today it's all love. I like the song

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it is like a nicely edited wedding video - bits and pieces showing everyone involved from security to susan, fernando to beta... i like that they show a lot of hyde park and glastonbury concerts

wish the music was also as good in editing as the video

With some more listens, I'm really digging the song, probably the one I've enjoyed the most of the three they've released up til now.

The Hey Hey's in the verses are really catchy, and I really like the  Chorus. I like how the multitracked lower vocal goes into the higher part. Slash's solo is very understated, but otherwise fits the song well. In a weird way, the left over Robin bit flows well into it. 

• Like 1

The only thing I miss is the beautiful weeping guitar melody that Robin had on the “what it is to be you.. I’ve been so upset” part. But I also like what slash did on that part too. So ready for the General- that still sounds very twilight zone to say out loud 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion

53 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

They could have done a MJ estate style release with these singles and the b dudes could have been the old versions? 

Absurd (new mix)

Silkworms (2006 mix)

Silkworms (99 version) 

And so on for Perhaps and Hard Skool 

No thanks. 

30 years from now? Perhaps.