"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Yep. People keep saying here it would be the first leak they actively avoid and I’m right there with them. I want it to be completely fresh and I’m just so so excited.

I actually would like to hear what it sounded like with and without Slash :shrugs:

• Like 2

If my math is right, not counting teases, The General will be the 100th officially-released GnR song. It’s 104 if you do count the following teases:

Only Women Bleed

Hotel California

I Was Only Joking

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

There’s also It Tastes Good Don’t It from Tokyo 92 and Dead Flowers and Someone Saved My Life Tonight from the O2 2012 thing, but those were only video releases.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

I actually would like to hear what it sounded like with and without Slash :shrugs:

Maybe as a curiosity after I hear the official version down the line, but I really want what’s coming to be fresh to my ears.

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

We had Absurd and Hard Skool long before the physical release. Could be the same with The General, couldn't it?

I don't like to jumb on the "New album bandwagon" but if there's something like this in the making, probably like Slash told at first we get 4-6 songs as piece meal and then as a full record, then I hope they supplement the record with completely new material. Basically a second Lies, with released and unreleased (and new) songs combined. 

and Perhaps has so far got loads of positive comments and the band is trending on Twitter (X), Youtube (currently 12) and is #1 on itunes in a lot of countries so this may give Axl the Courage to release more songs and record a new album at last. maybe a little bit of wishful thinking but who knows

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

The General being released is more important than the birth of your first child for some forum users.

Completely understand though

Of course the general is more important. Stating the obvious...

11 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

The General being released is more important than the birth of your first child for some forum users.

Completely understand though

Indeed, I have more interest on listening to that song than on having kids lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

This track was already at legendary status when I first became a fan in 2010. Surreal to think it's actually coming out soon.

Out of all the unreleased songs we had information of, Atlas Shrugged and the General were the two I was most interested in and it will soon be reality to have at least one of them released officially. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

People only like it because it's called "The General" and someone said it was epic. 

This one is really built up for a big fall. Like Atlas.

Shut up man. Constant negativity!  People “like” it because we haven’t heard it yet.

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

People only like it because it's called "The General" and someone said it was epic. 

I actually like Atlas Shrugged even though the leak of it clearly sounds like a work in progress. It is interesting that they're just dumping it as a B-side though as if to keep expectations in check.

• Like 1

I never heard Evader's version of the song, but I'm sure it will be nothing like it...

I'm glad its gonna be new to my ears and hope to every other fan as well.

Let's hope for raspy screams from Ax and finally a really good Slash solo as the ones he's come up with for so many - not to say all - GNR songs

5 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Imagine what would happen if it's something like SCRAPED hahahahahaha

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

heh a ray of sunshine, as always, but that's not the reason why I want to hear The General.

reasons:

Bach's favorite from what he heard back then

Beltrami worked on it

orchestra intro sounds menacing

it's a Brain song which he said is too good to not be released

in general, it's a compeltely new song for me/us compared to the 3 singles that already got released

it seems like it's different in style compared to Absurd, HS, and Perhaps, maybe more ambitious in nature which should spice things up

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

What’s the longest 45rpm 7” single released?  It can’t be TOO long since it has to fit on the record. Maybe 5 min?

Last year Russ said a 7" wouldn't be able to fit Absurd/Shadow (NT exclusive) on the same side. He was wrong.

• Like 1