"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

14 minutes ago, betterman said:

What if the General is pre-Slash and Monsters is a new song inspired by the General with Slash

Nah, Monsters sounds like the cell phone leak of The General from years ago. It's definitely pre-Slash (even if this version does feature him)

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

Let's agree on it not being Soul Monster for obvious reasons.

Nothing obvious to me, I don't know..  Thought that cell phone clip was The General for eight years and...turns out, it wasn't LOL

Songs could switch working titles...who knows?

8 minutes ago, betterman said:

I believe the leak might be a gift from the band after the fuck up, but they are not going to admit it

I believe Susan and Meegan felt sorry for us and devised a cunning plan to get these tracks to us. They’re our secret guardian angels. 😂

• Haha 1
  • PERHAPS 2

1 minute ago, themadcaplaughs said:

So is the consensus we will get both "The General" and "Monsters" on the "R" side of the vinyl? 

Also, does this officially mean @pele was, technically, wrong? 

Depends, it's 2 sides of the same song. Perhaps he was wrong?

The General is like Rob Zombie commisoned a song for a sequel to Devils Rejects....it's beautifully deranged! These are deep cuts made for us in this place with some awesome badass guitar...and Axl is nuts on both! I'm sooo keen to hear what else is done and ready! Put out an album of these already...surely there could be at least 9/10 of these...we have 5, it's not exactly a leap! The intros and outros and very suddenly on General....I look forward to improved mixes...I will retain my orders! 

the day is redeemed 

• Like 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

It could.....but only if you seriously compromise the quality. Which sounds like exactly what might have happened. 

Good chance of that.

Band/management didn't do any due diligence in regards to the quality vs quantity issue with vinyl.

Got the pressings then suddenly said "This sounds shite..."

Hence the delay.