Perhaps – Official Music VIDEO

6 minutes ago, mister mosh said:

Documentary crew? whats this, have I missed something?...would love a behind the scenes documentary, or do you just mean people who filmed the footage for this vid?

Yes, it was obvious from the short footage they released after some of the shows in Europe that they had a film crew with them that also followed them behind the scenes.

• Like 2

Don’t know if this has been posted or noted by anyone yet but 

there are many parts in the video in black and white and when the dramatic parts of the song kick in, it turns to color footage.

nice choice of images used though, kudos to the one in charge of this one AND the camera crew

Edit: also, as soon as slash solo stops, it has a nice color to b&w transition

color grading is very well done tol

Edited by alangarcianr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I have the CX, it looked good on it. But I don't think there's much people releasing HDR videos out there, is it?

Yeah, it's pretty rare, I think the only 4K HDR videos I've seen on YouTube (which is where we all get music videos these days) have been video game related. Still, we know the Ritz 1991 concert has been mastered in 4K HDR thanks to its press release, still waiting for a 4K Blu Ray release for that🤞🏼

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Amir said:

Yeah, it's pretty rare, I think the only 4K HDR videos I've seen on YouTube (which is where we all get music videos these days) have been video game related. Still, we know the Ritz 1991 concert has been mastered in 4K HDR thanks to its press release, still waiting for a 4K Blu Ray release for that🤞🏼

I uploaded a couple of videos in 4k60 HDR on my channel, but it's a pain and there's not much return on it.

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Amazing how excited we all are about a music video for a song that was mostly recorded like 20 years ago. See Fernando? I know we're a miserable lot most of the time but we ain't too hard to please. :lol:

Easiest fanbase in the world to please, if we are being honest. Most fanbases expect constant production from the artist. GN'R fans have been tortured for 30 years to get any new music. We're thrilled when we get ANYTHING, even when it's a leaked demo. 

• Like 2

So how we doing this fine day forum? Ready for the after party tonight? 

Thoughts now it's sinking in a bit....

I've had a smile all day, basically....oh and it's Friday! 

I think it's funny, reading a bunch of comments from fans on YT and around and even from "journalists" who've perceived this song as Axl's sorry to the guys (S&D) for his fault in breaking the band up,.etc....

It's funny because it's.probably the total reverse, being from that era...it's more, I thought you were my brother's, perhaps I was wrong....

Lyrics are up for intreputation for whatever you see in it, that's why songs are so cool, what I see you don't and vice a versa....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Easiest fanbase in the world to please, if we are being honest. Most fanbases expect constant production from the artist. GN'R fans have been tortured for 30 years to get any new music. We're thrilled when we get ANYTHING, even when it's a leaked demo. 

Fernando has been quite active on Reddit today (they don't seem to have memo we have about sticking to one or two threads - jessssssus! Cluster fuck) and with trepidation and excitement in equal measure, I liked his comment, Perhaps is good but General IS a monster. That means badass or long or hardcore....monsters rock hard! It's gonna be hard with all the hype, it has to be the best thing since '93 and that will be tough...or we could just accept an awesome song sans hype for what it is....progress....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

Don’t know if this has been posted or noted by anyone yet but 

there are many parts in the video in black and white and when the dramatic parts of the song kick in, it turns to color footage.

nice choice of images used though, kudos to the one in charge of this one AND the camera crew

Edit: also, as soon as slash solo stops, it has a nice color to b&w transition

color grading is very well done tol

Agreed....proper pros made this and it elevates the track. Anything was gonna be great as we get nothing but this is above average! Hope these guys make more for Guns down the line...an animated vid for General seems like a good idea! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I.dunmo.but as soon As Fernando said "Monster" my head went to Manga  slash would LOVE that!  Or he should get one of his horror film crews to make something horrific! 

I would love a kaiju video with rubber costumes and shitty foam scenario :lol: