Who else still wants an official Atlas Shrugged release?

Unless there are some more surprises this year, it looks like we won’t be getting Atlas Shrugged in an official release. Maybe next year or the following? 

I don’t think the song has many fans, but I love the vocals and the melody even if gets a little repetitive and could use some steering. Would love to hear Slash and Duff, a new Axl vocal and verse and a professionally mixed finished product for this song.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited as hell that The General is coming first but I just hope it doesn’t take another two years to get another CD leftover. Let it all out!

Just now, GNR 1991 said:

Unless there are some more surprises this year, it looks like we won’t be getting Atlas Shrugged in an official release. Maybe next year or the following? 

I don’t think the song has many fans, but I love the vocals and the melody even if gets a little repetitive and could use some steering. Would love to hear Slash and Duff, a new Axl vocal and verse and a professionally mixed finished product for this song.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited as hell that The General is coming first but I just hope it doesn’t take another two years to get another CD leftover. Let it all out!

I think we will get it at some point, and I want. I think it is a good song; I rate the Village version about as high as I rate the Village version of Perhaps. Bring it on.

• Like 1

one of my favorites from the Chinese era with vocals. I believe it will be released eventually. I think it's a much stronger track compared to Perhaps which is also good, but kinda safe imho, where the vocal melodies of Atlas feel more adventerous for Axl and idk... the vibe of it is its own thing. I can see why Axl wanted to include it on Chinese according to Bumble. It's uplifting everytime I play the leak.

• Like 1

I like it a lot - it’s similar to Catcher but that shouldn’t be an issue for a standalone release. My hope is that all the leftovers eventually get a release (I don’t see the Tommy songs ever getting a release though) as it would be nice to have a relatively full CD2

Brian May’s solo will no doubt get replaced though which would be a shame. In fact, I think it would generate a lot of buzz with casual music fans if a GN’R song featuring Brian was released. Dream scenario - GN’R on the same bill as Queen somewhere and Brian does a surprise appearance to play it live! 

• Like 2

I like Atlas, especially the Brain drums version from the Village leaks. If it never got an official release I wouldn't be too sad since I dig the demo, but I'd definitely buy it the minute it releases, just as I did with Perhaps. We know we're getting The General next so the ChiDem-era tracks I'd want to hear most after that are Soul Monster and Seven. I love the Me & My Elvis instrumental and Axl's description of the vocals, and for Seven I'm down for anything with Beltrami orchestration (and Brain seemed pretty excited about it).

Yeah I think we'd all agree that getting everything out before the end of the year is the best thing. I think we'll see these two and that may be it but one can live in hope, if the general is getting released anything is possible 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

If it ever comes out, cool, but I don’t want it taking an unheard song slot. I’m cool with the original version(s) we have

If it’s between Atlas and a finished song we’ve never heard before (at least vocally) then yeah the unheard song has to take priority, due to how small the catalog already is to begin with. Beggars can’t be choosers.

GNR seems to like these double single releases. I’d say if they do another one in 2025, it’ll be Atlas and something else. Maybe Soul Monster or some other song. Slash did say they were gonna do “one or two more singles, and then another one or two more singles”, so it’s definitely been re-recorded and could happen within the next few years.

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

GNR seems to like these double single releases. I’d say if they do another one in 2025, it’ll be Atlas and something else. Maybe Soul Monster or some other song. Slash did say they were gonna do “one or two more singles, and then another one or two more singles”, so it’s definitely been re-recorded and could happen within the next few years.

The timeframe is too long. Early 2024 and then a complete album late '24