THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 minute ago, Unagi said:

You guys are hilarious. This isn't some kind of deep artistic statement. 

I can only imagine the reaction from Slash and Duff when Axl was out of sight after they heard The General. 

Everything Axl turned out from the CD era just reeks of a guy that had too much smoke blown up his ass and got notions that he was some kind of visionary. 

And the way this release is being buried on the b-side of a vinyl only release just confirms my suspicions that Axl knows this is garbage. 

well no and it isn't garbage because its the longest track on the 7". just because its a b side doesn't mean its rubbish becasue patience was a B side and so was SCOM on the November Rain 7"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unagi said:

I can only imagine the reaction from Slash and Duff when Axl was out of sight after they heard The General. 

Everything Axl turned out from the CD era just reeks of a guy that had too much smoke blown up his ass and got notions that he was some kind of visionary. 

And the way this release is being buried on the b-side of a vinyl only release just confirms my suspicions that Axl knows this is garbage. 

Give it a rest dude. We get it. You don't like it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well these tracks are splitting sooo many opinions, theories and thoughts.

Something they do that we can't deny though...

They break the theory that the only tracks with vocals are those early Locker Leaks tracks....plus also that the band is only gonna release what has leaked and save anything else to add to a new eventually album.

Now...do we think the hidden track was just that these are the 5....all the ones Duff and Slash have worked on....so cleaning and clearing out, as Richard put it recently in an interview....so that's them all? Or do we think Atlas and a couple of others have been worked on?

Since Slash's comments over a year ago...Do we think it's possible, due to the subsequent in studio shots, etc that they've worked on any more to flesh out a potential full EP release? I still think the fact we've seen Axl in the studio 3 times this year alone after nothing for a decade (visually) tells more of a story than we know yet...

I would be surprised if not Atlas has been worked on. I always thought the 4-6 tracks were in addition to Hardskool/Absurd.

So Atlas, Seven and Oklahoma (I hope) 🤩

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well these tracks are splitting sooo many opinions, theories and thoughts.

Something they do that we can't deny though...

They break the theory that the only tracks with vocals are those early Locker Leaks tracks....plus also that the band is only gonna release what has leaked and save anything else to add to a new eventually album.

Now...do we think the hidden track was just that these are the 5....all the ones Duff and Slash have worked on....so cleaning and clearing out, as Richard put it recently in an interview....so that's them all? Or do we think Atlas and a couple of others have been worked on?

Since Slash's comments over a year ago...Do we think it's possible, due to the subsequent in studio shots, etc that they've worked on any more to flesh out a potential full EP release? I still think the fact we've seen Axl in the studio 3 times this year alone after nothing for a decade (visually) tells more of a story than we know yet...

I would be surprised if not Atlas has been worked on. I always thought the 4-6 tracks were in addition to Hardskool/Absurd.

So Atlas, Seven and Oklahoma (I hope) 🤩

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unagi said:

Well I'm sorry if you guys are butthurt that a fan of a band that produced the likes of Estranged is disappointed with this turgid crap. 

I was seriously excited with the reunion, saw them twice since then and was hoping they would rekindle the old magic. 

I guess I was wrong. 

You think people react so strongly to your posts is because you are disappointed? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't think we can have a definitive answer to this until the vinyl is out and we hear if there's a few seconds of silence in between the songs or not. If there is, that confirms to me that they're 2 songs. If they kind of flow into one another that would confirm it's just another section of the song. No other song ever has seamlessly transformed into a hidden track, the hidden track always had a break inbetween it and the song before.

It is definitely strange that they seem to be fully fleshed out songs with structure, yet they both seem to use the same orchestra. It's strange and I can't recall any other situation like this in music history and I'm quite a music obsessive.

Yes, we obviously can't be sure how it plays out until it's released. But I think we can be almost certain that both songs are intended to be released with Perhaps. Interestingly, when the forum poster with the soundcloud account got his upload of Monsters taken down, the takedown notice from Universal said that he had illegally uploaded The General. So, at least legally, it's been treated as part of The General.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Before I read all 47 pages…

How fucking unreal is it that The General, which the lyrics are of a serious subject matter… IS NAMED AFTER A CHINESE-AMERICAN CHICKEN DISH?!?!?!?! 

This, i find enough incoherence about abuse and the song title is an joke.... how we knew if The General is about it subjet matter?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unagi said:

If people are so confident that these tracks good they wouldn't care if someone shits on them. 

And since when did GNR fans become such a bunch of sensitive ninnies? My god. 

Whatever. Enjoy the songs about kiddie fiddling. 

wow you seem nice

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Unagi said:

If people are so confident that these tracks good they wouldn't care if someone shits on them. 

this post is gold.  Calls fans "sensitive" while melting down over song lyrics.  Whatever snowflake

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Unagi said:

1st statement, if someone told you Estranged or November Rain is dog shit would you care

2nd statement, random you were just thinking of some sort of insult but "Ninnies" WTF is that

3rd statement, Child abuse isn't just that Axl had Phyisical abuse (correct me if im wrong) and kiddie fiddling what are you? 10 i dont know anybody over the age of 16 who would use the word "Kiddie fiddling"

overall, your just boring and you dont understand deep meaning which means you hate Bohiemian Rhapsody because those lyrics would probably be "Cringe" to you

Edited by kingcanyon
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Unagi said:

I couldn't care less, taste in music is always subjective, where you can love Elton John I can hate it and where I can dig these tracks you can totally dislike them, it doesn't matter right? If you don't like it don't listen to it. And if you love it spin it 10 times an hour

• Like 1

Just now, Unagi said:

The only people melting down are you lot because someone dared to point out the fuckin obvious. 

Axl himself said that Madagascar, Catcher and The General were as good as November Rain. 

Hearing all those tracks now with this latest release makes that statement look insane.

Axl has never said any such thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unagi said:

The only people melting down are you lot because someone dared to point out the fuckin obvious. 

Axl himself said that Madagascar, Catcher and The General were as good as November Rain. 

Hearing all those tracks now with this latest release makes that statement look insane.

first shitty opinions then made up things Axl said

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Unagi said:

Dude, go to a Slash forum and stop writing this kind of shit here.

Limited fucking head.

This one is stuck in 1980 and stinks of mold.

• Like 1