THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

43 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Stories are killed all the time in the entertainment industry and yes some would stay quiet if what is offered in returned Is worth it...sure...is this what happened here, 99% not as it only takes one outlet to promote the leaks and you can't expect them to offer them all something juicy...

So, I hear you on Village...but some did report a little eventually and remember this clear distinction....in late 2019 no website was expecting a new GNR single...In 2023...a lot of these outlets just previewed/talked about Perhaps and promoted it with rumours pre-release, the leaked jukebox stuff and even some posted the YT links that were still the original demo + on release day pasted Guns press release and commented on the Vinyl release of Oct 27th which included "another single"....so all week they've been expecting this release (unlike in '19) and yet nothing, usually happy to be negative about any band (especially Guns) so I'd be surprised if it stays quiet forever as these outlets posted the most random of non-stories in the past, especially blabbermouth and loudwire, the like.

So with the rise in A I and tons of dubious fake news, you think they're being more careful? Would be a first, must be legal reasons, nothing else would stop them in their usual trash rumour posts....this time it's a real story, so what gives...

I am a bit befuddled by it....

Hope to god they stream this before the 8/12....or we're gonna debate this unnecessary endlessly (what's new....) 😸

I don't know man, I was a journalist for 20 years (until last July). At least me and my colleagues were a lot more careful indeed. Granted, I didn't cover the music business. 

It just seems like they are waiting to see if someone else takes the bait and go first with it. Or maybe they just didn't care. 

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

After Ive listened to the songs on headphones, aside from the ending which Im almost sure is done by Fortus, I cant understand how is anyone thinking this is the bucket guy playing.

This is Slash and not some blbuleu kverlvjublbueklu dududud “guitarrist” 

I can understand people maybe thinking the outro to ‘The General’ is Bucket but that’s about it. The outro solo on ‘Monsters’ is 100% Slash, clearly his style.

24 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Whilst I enjoy all of these ‘new’ songs to some degree (with the exception of ‘Absurd’), I think they all suffer slightly from having either short or repeated verses. I wish Axl had worked on them lyrically a little more.

They all have such a predictable, boring and lazy structure to them all. They all follow the same formula of verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus, guitar outro, done. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Whilst I enjoy all of these ‘new’ songs to some degree (with the exception of ‘Absurd’), I think they all suffer slightly from having either short or repeated verses. I wish Axl had worked on them lyrically a little more.

They all have such a predictable, boring and lazy structure to them all. They all follow the same formula of verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus, guitar outro, done. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

After Ive listened to the songs on headphones, aside from the ending which Im almost sure is done by Fortus, I cant understand how is anyone thinking this is the bucket guy playing.

This is Slash and not some blbuleu kverlvjublbueklu dududud “guitarrist” 

I believe people are attributing the outro solo of The General to Buckethead, not the one in Monsters that I assume you're talking about. Monsters outro is definitely Slash first and then Fortus. I understand people attributing Fortus' part to Robin because their styles are somewhat similar but Robin's playing is more usually more expressive than this and he uses a lot of staccato to highlight certain notes. The Monsters solo sounds similar to how Fortus plays live. 

Coming to The General, one of the repeating licks in the outro solo is literally the fast repeating lick from the SCoM/Slither solos that Slash is well-known for overusing, just in a different order of notes and higher speed. 

• Like 1