THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Don't they pay the litho designers very little too? I'm sure one of them came on here at one point and was saying how they screwed him over or something? 

He wanted to be allowed to sell some signed copies himself, if I remember correctly, but it didn't seem it was part of the agreement with him or any of the other artists.

• Like 1

Of all the latest singles covers the Atlas Shrugged fake one with a skeleton is the best. At least in terms of styling (as I remember it has some details mistakes or something like that). And that's considering I'm not a fan of skeletons theme at all.. 

Edited by Gunnerfan_rus

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He wanted to be allowed to sell some signed copies himself, if I remember correctly, but it didn't seem it was part of the agreement with him or any of the other artists.

They should just let him. It’s not like GnR sells them after the shows and would be missing out on income.  Then again this management team doesn’t have much experience outside the GnR circus so they don’t understand real business choices. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Wasn't there something too about them not being paid, but allowed to keep just a few copies instead of payment?  I'm sure it was something like that. 

24 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Agreed. Needed a 2-3 min haunting orchestral opening to kick it off, and no vocals covering over the wicked guitar outro solo

It originally did (live show openings in 2010 I think), who knows the official release could be totally different than what we've heard lol, was the early vinyl leak even confirmed real, or was it just a fan mixing the demo lol?

Also The General being the Sequel to Estranged is one the most ridiculous things that Axl has ever said. I cannot even imagine how those two songs relate in his mind. His Brain must be like one of those police investigation walls with strings connecting seemingly unrelated events or people. 

Edited by Arnuld
  • Haha 2
  • PERHAPS 1

52 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I still can’t believe The General is not a 7-8 min epic. I don’t hate it but it is nothing like I expected it to be 

I agree. It's still a great song, but far from some epic ballad. Also regarding Sebastian Bach's comment on "The General". I get the feeling he might have heard a completely different song. Maybe he heard "Seven" and confused it with "The General"? 

42 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Also The General being the Sequel to Estranged is one the most ridiculous things that Axl has ever said. I cannot even imagine how those two songs relate in his mind. His Brain must be like one of those police investigation walls with strings connecting seemingly unrelated events or people. 

If you want to look at it in the way that his abuse as a child affected his relationships later on in life? That’s the only thing I can string together  

23 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I agree. It's still a great song, but far from some epic ballad. Also regarding Sebastian Bach's comment on "The General". I get the feeling he might have heard a completely different song. Maybe he heard "Seven" and confused it with "The General"? 

He may have been confused. It’s just disappointing that this “mythical” song we have all been waiting 15 years to hear ended up being just a basic 4 min album filler type track. Soul Monster is good (better than the general) but I would not call it “a big gun” by any means. (Accept for the bridge. That’s big gun) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

It's normal to have more subscribers than views on any given video. I'm not sure how that's supposed to relate in any meaningful way.

It has 23 million views.

They have 3 million subscribers.

It has 20 million views.

They have 10 million subscribers.

More examples but that's enough.

GNR's first official video since Moses wore short pants should have similar numbers. Instead they can't even get their own subscribers to watch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

I bet it’s exactly the same as the leaked version.  Everyone has convinced themselves the leak isn’t the final mix just because they don’t like the mix.  

It will be exactly the same. Everyone will get to experience Caram’s terrible mixing in full lossless quality lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3