THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 minute ago, NachoLZ said:

How is the mix in the teaser post compared to the leak? Is it the same or just as bad as you audiophiles make it our to be?

I unfortunately cannot tell much of a difference. The louder or higher Axl sings in that song, the harder it is to understand in the leak we got. Monsters suffers from this too. I sure hope the quality is better in the official version. 

Even the vocal effects in Oh My God and the bit in Perhaps are at least intelligible. 

3 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Teaser sounds exactly the same as the leak because the leak is the final mix.  It’s so bizarre how there’s conspiracies it wasn’t a final mix just because people don’t like it.  The General that leaked is the final version for better or for worse

Maybe it's the same mix, but the quality of the leak is horrendous. Whether intentional or not by the source of the leak. If the final product sounds as bad as it, it's embarrassing. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

They never do the same thing twice....😉

They never do the same thing twice....😉

Unlike you :lol:

Just now, BillConnor_1982 said:

Teaser sounds exactly the same as the leak because the leak is the final mix.  It’s so bizarre how there’s conspiracies it wasn’t a final mix just because people don’t like it.  The General that leaked is the final version for better or for worse

I know right? I mean, people thought it was a demo because of how Axl’s vocals are sounding, as if this wasn’t clearly his intention. Also keep in mind that even thought he recorded it 15 years ago, any demo wouldn’t sound like a cassette tape as if this was from the 80s. 

Was there confirmation that Monsters is on the Japanese CD? someone at Evo is claiming that.

It looks like we are getting the leak pretty much for TG, hope to be wrong just a little bit. A longer orchestra intro would be nice, but I’ll just take a clearer mix at this point.

• Like 2

I don't understand the issues with the mix. The vocals are clearly intentionally distorted like so many NIN and other industrial songs from the late 90's early 2000s. Never had any issues making them out either.  What devices are people listening on that can't make them out?

• Like 1

Just now, UncleJosh said:

I don't understand the issues with the mix. The vocals are clearly intentionally distorted like so many NIN and other industrial songs from the late 90's early 2000s. Never had any issues making them out either.  What devices are people listening on that can't make them out?

I don't mind the vocal effects. I'd be happy with a clearer orchestra and Slash's guitar swells being audible. 

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Was there confirmation that Monsters is on the Japanese CD? someone at Evo is claiming that.

It looks like we are getting the leak pretty much for TG, hope to be wrong just a little bit. A longer orchestra intro would be nice, but I’ll just take a clearer mix at this point.

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Do we know if the Japanese CD for Perhaps/The General will contain Monsters?

It's not. 

Screenshot_20231206-200445.png.ea9a9b519a2ceaf93fb33357401eec37.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

Fucknando actually bothered to post about it on Facebook. That alone is a miracle for him. He’s a fucking joke.

You mean Fernando's personal account or the band account? Because if it's the band account, it's not Fernando running it, but a company.

29 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I know right? I mean, people thought it was a demo because of how Axl’s vocals are sounding, as if this wasn’t clearly his intention. Also keep in mind that even thought he recorded it 15 years ago, any demo wouldn’t sound like a cassette tape as if this was from the 80s. 

I think that was unintended genius there 😝

29 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think that was unintended genius there 😝

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't know about mix or master but I think the quality we're gonna get will be better than what the leak sounded like.

55 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Bullshit