THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Youtube update - 429k views in first week since release. Utterly embarrassing for a ban GnRs size. sunk without a trace as predicted by many. Why on earth they are choosing to release songs this way. 

Wow...I watch jerk-offs in their houses talking about retro gaming handhelds or headphones who get more views than that in a week.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

Probably should have released Monsters as the B side of perhaps.  Its a much better song IMO and it jams for a min from the 2:50ish mark.  Sounds more like a gnr song

Should be an A side not a B side and I reckon it will be 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Youtube update - 429k views in first week since release. Utterly embarrassing for a ban GnRs size. sunk without a trace as predicted by many. Why on earth they are choosing to release songs this way. 

Is it really? It's just a audio video for YouTube Music basically. Not a real music video. It's not even a lyric video. I watched it like twice and then I have been listening the song from Qobuz. No real reason for me to watched since there's no real video or lyrics to look at. 

Compare it to other "GnRs size" bands audio only videos and it's about the same. 

Gotta eat crow on this one, naivety took over and I could see TG and Monters being this one complete epic of a song, I still like General clearly, however the released version makes it substantially harder to do so, but to remove it permanently and forget it ever existed or some stain on the entire GNR lore? Not even close.