Tour is (almost) over - where do we go now?

On 11/5/2023 at 3:01 AM, DoMw94 said:

I don't understand why anyone thinks the end is on the horizon for the band. They've given no indication that they're going to call it a day, and when you look at other, similar bands, they're way too young to retire. They've got at least another 10 years in them. At least.

Looking at their energy at the moment, and how happy they all seem to be, I'd say if anything, they're just getting started. There'll be a year off, then more of whatever from 2025.

Of course. You can make a lot of money with a retirement tour. They would have announced it.

• Like 1

Just now, Rindmelon said:

I do think that's why there is no CD for it tbf. CD's i think are cheaper to produce, I also think they would sell more than the 7". I would expect the post Chidem songs compiled on something at some point. I would think they would also be remastered or else they would sound too disjointed. We shall see.

But Sweersa I suspect bad news for you no :bucket: or :robin: or even :dj: or :bbf: it will all be :slash: and :4tus:

But we got bits of Robin and Bucket, maybe we will get a few more crumbs.

I wouldn’t make a big deal out of Axl thanking the crew and band for the past 7 years. He said similiar stuff at the end of 2018 and it’s normal to give everyone a big thanks at the end of a juggernaut tour.

That being said the future of this band does feel ominous and weird. I wouldn’t be surprised if they came back for dates at the end of 2024, but also wouldn’t be surprised if we hear nothing until 2026 or 2027 and Axl comes back looking (and sounding) entirely different. No one can really say for sure right now besides them. It will be kind of a depressing and quiet downtime to be a fan though, so everyone buckle in.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

2025 is the 40th anniversary of when the band formed. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a GNR40 tour in 2025.

According to GNR Italia a members members of the Entourage tells them they Will go again at the end of 2024 celebrating 40 years of the band

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 11/4/2023 at 7:01 PM, DoMw94 said:

I don't understand why anyone thinks the end is on the horizon for the band. They've given no indication that they're going to call it a day, and when you look at other, similar bands, they're way too young to retire. They've got at least another 10 years in them. At least.

Looking at their energy at the moment, and how happy they all seem to be, I'd say if anything, they're just getting started. There'll be a year off, then more of whatever from 2025.

That's great and all, it's nice that they're enjoying themselves, but it comes down to Axl's physical ability to sing these songs and I just can't see that lasting another 10 years. Forget about songs like Reckless Life and TWAT, I don't even think we should expect him to be singing PC, LALD, etc in his 70s.

Realistically they'll need to do shorter legs of tours with more days off between shows, and definitely no more back to back shows. I wouldn't be surprised if future tours are much more spread out: tour on the east coast for a few weeks, take a month off, tour on the west coast, take another month off, and so on. They could stretch out a farewell tour for a couple years by doing something like that, which I think is probably what will happen in 2025/26/27...

42 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Of course. You can make a lot of money with a retirement tour. They would have announced it.

They don't need that sort of gimmick, they're still making money and playing stadiums. If they were playing theatres then maybe they would act in such a desperate way, but they're not.

Talk of retirement is as ridiculous as it is premature

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

Btw, does anyone know if Duff stated that GNR will be away for 5 years? I just had someone respond to my Facebook post on the GNR page that stated that this was not a vacation and that Duff stated that GNR will be gone for 5 years. 

Two years per the tour manager. Some of the diehard litho Collectors purchase from McBob and a 24 month break is what the band is taking.

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

They don't need that sort of gimmick, they're still making money and playing stadiums. If they were playing theatres then maybe they would act in such a desperate way, but they're not.

Talk of retirement is as ridiculous as it is premature

Agreed, Kiss and Motley Crue had no choice because they couldn't get asses in the seats anymore on their own. Aerosmith is more than likely doing it because they're in their mid-70's and this was going to be it. Guns may not sell every seat in a stadium with high prices, but they can fill the majority of them with acceptable prices. They don't need to throw a farewell tour out there. 

Call me crazy if you want, but i think they will at least try to write and record a new album in 2024.

Slash said so last year, something like ''next year we are releasing a cuople songs, and after the tour we are going to the studio''

He was right about the rest. Perhaps and The General are well received. The tour was their best in years. 

Its all going to the right direction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

According to GNR Italia a members members of the Entourage tells them they Will go again at the end of 2024 celebrating 40 years of the band

I saw the same info at this instagram page. I think Italian fb group took it from here: https://instagram.com/bastidores_gunsnroses?igshid=YTQwZjQ0NmI0OA==

I am not sure, but I think this page is from someone from the crew. They have posted photos and videos during the whole tour.

The part about the tour in the end of 2024 and 2025 is in the first post.

Edited by elektra_reghaired

37 minutes ago, elektra_reghaired said:

I saw the same info at this instagram page. I think Italian fb group took it from here: https://instagram.com/bastidores_gunsnroses?igshid=YTQwZjQ0NmI0OA==

I am not sure, but I think this page is from someone from the crew. They have posted photos and videos during the whole tour.

The part about the tour in the end of 2024 and 2025 is in the first post.

I saw Beta putting videos from this page

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

Where did you hear about a new album after this tour? It was very clear that Myles was uncertain about the future of SMKC in the interview that he gave. 

@Ralphelmosays there's going to be another album later. I think Myles was uncertain because they didn't have concrete plans at the time.

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought Slash was focusing on the solo album with guest singers after the SMKC tour...

Yeah so after that.

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

I believe you are incorrect with Metallica. I saw them at MetLife this summer. What they did was they broke it up into 2 nights rather than one concert. Each night was 2 hours. They played a total of 32 songs for 4 hours that had a different setlist. They gave Hetfield a break  between the shows. They played Friday and Sunday then gave Hatfield Saturday to recuperate. I think this could be a good approach for GNR to give Axl a break in between the shows when they go back on tour. 

That would be cool, although idk how well Axl would be able to do back to back nights.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

@Ralphelmosays there's going to be another album later. I think Myles was uncertain because they didn't have concrete plans at the time.

Yeah so after that.

That would be cool, although idk how well Axl would be able to do back to back nights.

It wasn't back to back nights. They gave Hetfield a break between the two dates. They also spread the tour dates, which will go into 2024. I think the 2023-2024 tour dates are limited as well. Someone else had stated that what may also work is to do one month on the east coast. Take another month off and then the third month tour the west coast. 

I do think somethings will change. I think they'll do more arenas during the next tour. They haven't played at Madison Square Garden nor the Prudential Center in six years. I'm also expecting them to cut it down to 2-2.5 hours a set. I think the 3+ hours will be gone. 

Lastly, some people are talking about retirement. I saw Iron Maiden for the first time last year. Bruce Dickinson is 65 years old. He'll be 66 when Iron Maiden goes back on tour next year. He still has some voice left. I really think it's too son for people to talk about retirement for Axl, Slash, and Duff. 

5 hours ago, Draguns said:

Btw, does anyone know if Duff stated that GNR will be away for 5 years? I just had someone respond to my Facebook post on the GNR page that stated that this was not a vacation and that Duff stated that GNR will be gone for 5 years. 

Yes, i read it in GNR FB too. Always is the same guy.