Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

8 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

Riki Rachtman posted on FB, saying: Anybody can say anything

🤔 Vague but interesting, since he's mentioned and the woman says they're friends. 

That's very interesting! I was curious if he was going to say anything, based on how vague it was though I can' tell if its in support of Axl or Sheila 

Nevermind I'm dumb lol, I'm pretty sure its to be supportive of Axl 

Edited by BluegrassBlues
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I thought it was odd she mentioned it so specifically too, like it was a gotcha. But Adderall was not FDA approved or prescribed until 96, so there is no way he would have had bottles of it prescribed to him. It's such a random thing for her to point out and it not even be able to be true at the time 

Maybe she was referring to Obetrol - the same drug by a different name. Obetrol preceded Adderall.

11 hours ago, chorrada said:

I think nobody would say it's a bad thing to have a change in perspective due to having daughters. The point is why are some people such incredible scumbags before? Why do they only change for the better once that such behaviour from another man could affect your own life?

I know a guy who used to say utterly disgusting things about women. Not aware of him abusing women, but with that attitude it wouldn't have surprised me. Now after having a daughter he became really protective and completely stopped talking the way he used to. Great, I guess. But it really shouldn't be so hard not to treat women like trash before having a daughter.

I agree it shouldn’t take such an event to get someone to not be a dick or whatever. But sometimes it do. 

Did she say daddy don’t?

4 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Maybe she was referring to Obetrol - the same drug by a different name. Obetrol preceded Adderall.

I thought about that too, but the way she reported it I don't get that impression. I know Obetrol was abused, but it was to treat obesity and not an antipsychotic, and she specifically mentioned him having several prescriptions of antipsychotic drugs along with cocaine on his sink 

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

So here’s my theory: 
The Nando and Axl allegations happened within a week or so, right? 
This was all scheduled. They were contacted by the girls way back and made a deal that they’d wait and first let them finish the tour. That’s why Axl was so hesitant to release new music and just toured instead. That’s why he released songs about hard school of life and why he’s literally saying "perhaps I was wrong" in one of them. That’s why, in the final stage, he introduced Daddy don’t, by which he’s saying it’s not his fault, cause he was abused etc. It’s his way of apologizing for the crazy young years. 
This makes 100% sense and no one will persuade me otherwise! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1PPKrODTSfu1F_UNVKuE

Seeing Beta’s nephew in the band playing at the Mexico show feels like Melissa’s absence might be an act of solidarity. 

3 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

If the biggest worries are getting rejected or paying for a first date, then congratulations to you men. Women worry about whether the date might be a potential predator who will sexually assault them, or subject them to some other violent crime.

Being discriminated because of physical disability - that I acknowledge as a legitimate issue. 

On topic - it would be of no surprise if Axl committed such crimes as the lawsuit claims in their heyday. It will be very hard to prove anything after such a long time, though.  

You are missing the point as to what I'm saying. A lot of times, women don't understand the viewpoint from men and vice versa. Additionally, guys have to worry about being drugged and robbed. Look at what Cardi B did to men that she dated. Lots of women date for meals and money. I know of two women who warned me about being taken advantage of. Both women would use guys for dinner when they didn't want to cook. 

Additionally, in the corporate world, you have to watch what you say. Even if you mean no harm, a woman can misconstrued something and go to HR. When that happens, a guy's reputation is ruined. I had a minor situation that came up. It was a miscommunication. Rather than coming to me for clarification, the woman went straight to HR. I got into minor trouble for it. I am fortunate that since I have a good reputation and promote disability awareness that I didn't get into further trouble. The woman should have came to me rather than go directly to HR. It would have been better and created a better working environment. 

Having a physical disability, I heard crap and have been discriminated by both genders. I think I got a realistic viewpoint on both genders. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Silence said:

Seeing Beta’s nephew in the band playing at the Mexico show feels like Melissa’s absence might be an act of solidarity. 

Beta's nephew didn't play with the band, he was the photographer. The guy playing the keyboards was Melissa's tech.

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I thought about that too, but the way she reported it I don't get that impression. I know Obetrol was abused, but it was to treat obesity and not an antipsychotic, and she specifically mentioned him having several prescriptions of antipsychotic drugs along with cocaine on his sink 

It was probably being used for recreational purposes as a methamphetamine-based medication. She didn't specifically claim that Obetrol/Adderall was an antipsychotic. This is the exact quote I assume:

I’m in his bathroom. And there’s all kinds of medication laid out on a towel by the sink. There’s lithium, there’s Adderall, there’s all this SHIT. Since this time a lot of Rose’s mental health issues have come to light, but back then his main problem as it was understood by the public was that he was a fucked-up rock star who did fucked-up rock-star things. Which is just a hair different from being a person on anti-psychotic meds, or whatever these were. On top of that, I’m thinking, he’s high on coke, on champagne, on Scotch. He’s very high. He’s a fucking time bomb.

8 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It was probably being used for recreational purposes as a methamphetamine-based medication. She didn't specifically claim that Obetrol/Adderall was an antipsychotic. This is the exact quote I assume:

I’m in his bathroom. And there’s all kinds of medication laid out on a towel by the sink. There’s lithium, there’s Adderall, there’s all this SHIT. Since this time a lot of Rose’s mental health issues have come to light, but back then his main problem as it was understood by the public was that he was a fucked-up rock star who did fucked-up rock-star things. Which is just a hair different from being a person on anti-psychotic meds, or whatever these were. On top of that, I’m thinking, he’s high on coke, on champagne, on Scotch. He’s very high. He’s a fucking time bomb.

What makes me think she was mentioning the Adderall as being used as an antipsychotic was this quote from it "which is jus a hair different from being a person on ant-psychotic meds." I may be interpreting it wrong, but to me that comes across as insinuation it was being used to treat mental illness when it was not approved for that at the time. Her accounts have also changed, here she says it was laid out on a towel with coke and other drugs, but in another one she says there were several medication bottles that were prescribed under his name as well that she left off here, she mentioned Lithium as well as he Adderall. I don't know, that just comes across as fishy to me 

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Another thing that I find to be a bit strange in her account is that she didn't know who Axl was. Of course it's not impossible that she didn't know and that she wasn't familiar with that kind of music, however in her book there are a couple of pictures of her with members of some lesser hair bands of the time (I think one was Danger Danger) and she was dressed as a "metal chick" in them. It's kind of odd that she knew those bands but didn't know who Axl was, although GN'R were everywhere at the time. Also Axl's mental issues were well known then - lithium was specifically mentioned in the RS article that was published in November 1988.

I found that odd too, not knowing the frontman for the biggest band in the world at the time. Like I personally could not name one Taylor Swift song, but I would recognize her on sight just because of how popular she is, so I do have a hard time believing that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Join the fun if you want to defend Axl with me. I'm getting death wishes, called a woman-hater, and a rape apologist. Happy Thanksgiving.

A reminder that I have had hundreds of hours of conversations with people that knew or know Axl at all different points of his life. Women, minorities, gay...all those who Axl is supposed to be against. The ONLY person that has ever said anything bad about Axl is Alan Niven. But as much as I love Alan, he believes Axl worships the devil since he played with AC/DC.

I'm also not a brainwashed fanboy that if real evidence came to light, that I wouldn't change my feelings. Fun times in GN'R world!

No point in arguing with those imbeciles.

Though I don't think we as fans have to "stand" up for or with Axl. He's gonna settle it and that's that and nobody is gonna remember this in a year

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I found that odd too, not knowing the frontman for the biggest band in the world at the time. Like I personally could not name one Taylor Swift song, but I would recognize her on sight just because of how popular she is, so I do have a hard time believing that. 

There was no internet then, but still GN'R were everywhere (MTV, magazine covers etc.).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There was no internet then, but still GN'R were everywhere (MTV, magazine covers etc.).

it's like when Yoko Ono pretended she didn't know The Beatles before meeting John (but she met Paul first...)

Edited by DeNfr
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Another thing that I find to be a bit strange in her account is that she didn't know who Axl was. Of course it's not impossible that she didn't know and that she wasn't familiar with that kind of music, however in her book there are a couple of pictures of her with members of some lesser hair bands of the time (I think one was Danger Danger) and she was dressed as a "metal chick" in them. It's kind of odd that she knew those bands but didn't know who Axl was, although GN'R were everywhere at the time. Also Axl's mental issues were well known then - lithium was specifically mentioned in the RS article that was published in November 1988.

She knew exactly who he was as her friend told her that he was gonna be at the club - another thing where her version in her book (that her friend only told her upon seeing him at the club who he was) differs from the lawsuit version now:

NYC.png

In my view, she knew very well who he was before they even went to the club, and that they specifically went there because he was there. I met him for the first time in the early 90's, among a number of other musicians on different occasions and despite the fact that we had no internet we always knew where the guys we wanted to meet were staying. It was part of the adventure, the excitement, to find out. Somebody always knew or heard something and then we'd just go to these places. Looking back, I'd even say that back then it was much easier to find and get access to the guys than today. 

I still believe he was a trophy to her. Like he's a trophy to her today in this lawsuit ........ $$$ 

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They even had a Guns poster in Juliette Lewis's room in National Lampoons back in '89. Axl was just everywhere back then.

1.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Fun times in GN'R world!

The real fun starts when that time machine act will be implemented nationwide. I'm expecting 90% of the rich and famous getting their reputation destroyed and showered with lawsuits - unless or until they actually do worship the devil. Sad thing is people have no idea who the devil is and some find out the hard way right now. Wrote about it in an earlier post but it just triggered Karens to parrot conditioned narrative, so no point digging deeper, some people really are stupid and it might not even be their fault. I hope for the best, for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1