Rank the GNR shows you’ve seen!

Great topic and fun to discuss!

It's very difficult and I could change my mind on any given day. Mine as follows:

1) Hammersmith Apollo, London - 2006

2) Marlins Park, Miami - 2017

3) Circo Massimo, Rome - 2023

4) Hard Rock, Hollywood, Florida - 2021

5) Charlotte, North Carolina - 2019

6) MetLife Stadium, New Jersey - 2016 (first time I saw Axl and Slash together)

7) MetLife Stadium, New Jersey - 2021 (First concert post Covid)

8) SECC, Glasgow, Scotland - 2006

9) SECC, Glasgow, Scotland - 2012

10) MetLife Stadium, New Jersey - 2023

11) Madison Square Garden, New York -2018

I'll explain MSG as last place (in the unlikely event anyone cares). The band had been touring for 2 years straight at that point and were clearly going through the motions. MSG, in spite of reputation, is a completely flat venue on terms of audience and the band basically reflected the crowd who sat for almost all of the show. Hard Rock and Circo Massimo could easily change places because both were phenomenal for different reasons. Hammersmith Apollo No. 1 because it was the first time I ever saw Axl and that scream at the start of Jungle was so earth shattering it took me a few moments to figure out if it was the guitars or a human voice. Still get chills thinking of it.

Looking forward to reading everyone's.

Edited by W. Axl Kev
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 5:32 PM, janrichmond said:

Wembley '91

Milton Keynes Bowl '93 both nights

Wembley '92

London 2017 both nights

Very doubtful that I'll see them again

All the same ones as me plus Download 18 and Hyde Park 23.

Tottenham was a tough one due to the sound issues and Axl being pretty sick. AXL/DC in London 16 was off the scale great! 

8 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

All the same ones as me plus Download 18 and Hyde Park 23.

Tottenham was a tough one due to the sound issues and Axl being pretty sick. AXL/DC in London 16 was off the scale great! 

I missed out on Axl/DC I should have gone, but I didn't bother with Download or Hyde Park

• Like 1

1992 São Paulo 

First time seeing them live at the age of 15 was a remarkable experience at the top of their game.

2001 Rock in Rio.

Axl returns with a new band and that cause  me mixed feelings. Had to wait nearly 3 hours after Oasis concert to see they on stage. I noticed Axl voice wasn’t the same already at that concert, and he was only 38 yo. The crowd was spectacularly supportive , but I remember like it was today the feeling of watching a cover band on stage.

2016 São Paulo 

Not in this life time tour, good show, knew the setlist by heart, and I  left the show before the end to avoid crazy traffic around the stadium. I was getting old and not that excited about my favorite band anymore. 

2022 Rock in Rio.

Horrible concert, Axl’s voice was poorly mixed and he  sounded tired and lazy. 
Probably my last GNR concert.

*Next week Slash plays in São Paulo and I will be there.

• Like 1

1. Belgium - Sportpaleis - Antwerp 2010. Classic hair & clothes, the band sounded razor tight and Axl's voice was out of this world. Don't cry + vocals was making its way back into a pretty CD heavy setlist. Apart from PA issues early on, this was a brilliant show that still puts a smile on my face. 

2. Belgium -Graspop Metal Meeting - 2006. First time I saw Gn'R live. A 2h wait in front of the stage, but a great vocal performance by Axl. Skinny cornrow & goatee Axl. 😁 Setlist had My Michelle which has become pretty rare.

3. Paris 2017 - Vocals sounded better than the other 2017 gig I attended. Arrived just in time for ISE. The after party at the hotel bar, with the owner being a fan, was the cherry on the cake. Typical NITL era setlist without surprises.

4. Belgium 2017 - TW Classic. My first NITL gig. My friends and I had quite a few beers. I focused more on partying and singing along then "analysing" the quality of the gig. Great fun. 

5. Belgium 2018 - Graspop Metal Meeting. Again, great party atmosphere. Met some nice people and found a spot really close to the stage. Wasn't overly impressed by this gig as the setlist was about 95% the same as 2017. 

6. Belgium 2012 - Graspop Metal Meeting. I was watching Hatebreed, while Axl decided an early start was due. Never "caught up" with the concert after joining. Vocals were disappointing compared to 2010. The addition of songs like Estranged was cool, however. I didn't bother to get close to the stage. The crowd liked the concert, though.

7. Belgium 2023 - Graspop Metal Meeting. Excellent set reintroducing PTU, Bad Obsession and so on. Sound engineering was terrible and Axl's vocals were off. Again very close to the stage, sipping on Belgian beers and meeting new people. Had more fun than in 2012, but the concert was the "weakest" one I attended, despite Axl being in a very good mood.

Honourable mentions:

- Belgium, Pukkelpop 2002: we missed the gig as it was sold out. Will never forgive my 19 yo self for that.

- Belgium, Werchter 1993: my older brother went. He got me into GnR at 10yo, which was obviously too young to join him.

- Axl/DC - 2016 - Werchter: technically not a Guns gig, but this would replace my number 3 in the ranking. Such a good time. Axl won over a lot of sceptics that night.

Edited by Gaanzer

GnR night 2 London 2010 O2 Arena, the return of duff. Band on fire, Axl sounded best he's ever sounded. great setlist. MDMA and got with 3 different chicks in the crowd that night. Never happened before and never since. God bless that night

• Like 1

1. Cleveland 2017 - No words for this show. 

2. Pittsburgh 2016 - First time with OG members. Just epic

3. Hammerstein night 1 - I've never been closer to the band. Waited in line all day to be right up front.

4. Hammerstein night 2

5. Pittsburgh 2023 - This was an especially fun concert. First time Perhaps was played and I dont know that I've ever seen the band happier.

6. Cleveland 2007 - The night of Pigeons of Shit Metal lol

7. Cleveland 2002 - First time seeing them. I was 15 and just being in the same arena as Axl was something speical.

8. Youngstown 2011 - Day they got inducted into the HOF. Fuckin marathon set. 

1. St. Louis 2017- still the best concert I've ever attended.

2. Chicago 2016- this was my first Guns show. Everything was perfect and I'll never forget it.

3. Milwaukee 2017- I got to hear Prostitute live. 'Nuff said.

4. Chicago 2021- Great show. Axl was sick and had a rough night vocally but it was my first GN'R show being front and center. 

5. Minneapolis 2017- this one was fun but it had a different vibe than what I'm used to at their shows

6. Chicago 2023- fun show but it was 100 degrees and Slash was phoning it in big time. It could have been the heat but he barely moved around and his solos were a little lackluster. Axl was super energetic and had a great night 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 9:15 PM, t-p-d-a said:

1. Hanover 2017 (Overall best voice possible with GNR at the time + Thunderstorm + Angus Young with Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff + Pyros, big fireworks + a great crowd around me, alot of young dudes in they 20s enjoying)

I fully agree!!!

Sitting around for 45 minutes not knowing if the show will resume or not. Talking to a bunch of people in the 20s about rock music during the break was fun too. It was a really great show.

Took us about 2 hours to get from the parking lot :) and three more to get home. Great memories…

This is tough, but here goes;

1. Night 3 06’ Hammerstein Ballroom

2. 16’Philly

3. 06’ Cleveland 

4. Vegas 16’

5. Pittsburgh 02’

6. Orlando 11’

7. Pittsburgh 16’

8. DC 16’

9. Hershey 17’

10. Baltimore 21’

11. Philly 17’

12. NYC 16’

13. Wilkes-Barre 11’

14. Youngstown 11’

15. Atlantic City 1st night 21’

16. Pittsburgh 23’

17. Silver Spring 12’

18. Brooklyn Bowl 13’

19. Buffalo 17’

20. DC 17’

21. Bethlehem 14’

22. Hershey 23’

23. Louisville 19’

24. Hershey 21’

1) Alpine Valley, WI 1991 (start of UYI tour) ... easy decision .. GnR at apex of its powers and my only show w Izzy

2) The Apollo Theater, NYC 2017 (seeing original lineup in such intimate venue was unreal...tough decision here)

3) Indianapolis 1992 (w Metallica & Faith No More) ...long delays and long night but Axl brought such bent up intensity to his hometown.  gave an all time rant here too 

4) NYC Hammerstein Ballroom 2006 ... this is the only nuGnR show for me that legit rivaled the band at its peak in terms of energy, quality and hype

5) Madison Square Garden 2001 ... first "return of GnR" show...never thought I would see Axl live again

6) Las Vegas T Mobile 2017 (first reunion show for me)

7) Moda Center OR 2021

8) Seattle, WA 2023

9) Seattle, WA 2011

10) Madison Square Garden NYC 2007

Edited by vail2004

1)  Oklahoma City 1992-First GnR show and didn't disappoint.  Waiting for 2 hours sucked after Smashing Pumpkins got booed off stage, but the show made up for it

2)  Arlington, TX 2016-The first leg of the NITL tour and it was awesome.  

3)  Tulsa, OK 2017-Amazing show with Dave Grohl coming on for Paradise City and Taylor Hawkins rocking next to us in the pit during Rocket Queen

4)  Oklahoma City 2019-Not an amazing show, but really good with Dead Horse (first time since 93) and Locomotive back to back.  Special for me to take 2 sons to their first rock show

5)  Irving, TX 1992-Texas Stadium with Metallica.  Pretty good energy in the crowd but Axl was pissy and they played for 90 minutes flat.  Don't think they even did an encore but can't remember for sure.  Metallica was pretty great though.  Hated the acoustics in there.

On 1/24/2024 at 1:20 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Boston MA 1993
Worcester MA 1991
Foxboro MA 1992
Foxboro MA 2016
Boston MA 2023
Vegas 2016
Boston 2017
Boston 2002*

Man, I didn't know you saw them in 1991. That is so cool. That is a great collection of gigs. Even that 2002 one is considered the best of that tour

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Man, I didn't know you saw them in 1991. That is so cool. That is a great collection of gigs. Even that 2002 one is considered the best of that tour

The 91 show was the first without Izzy unfortunately. 

Vigo 2023

Madrid 2010

Madrid 2010

Madrid 2006

Vigo was the best for everything around this show. My city, the setlist, Axl ‘s autograph, 3 hours + show…

2010 the voice was insane, the most powerful voice, never seen anything like that.