5. New York City, Hammerstein, 5-12-06

6. Camden, Susquehanna Bank Center, 11-26-11

7. Hershey, Hershey Stadium, 8-11-23

8. Hershey, Hershey Stadium, 8-13-17

9. East Rutherford, IZOD Center, 11-17-11

10. Wilkes Barre, Mohegan Sun Arena, 11-20-11

11. New York City, MSG, 11-10-06

12. Hershey, Hershey Stadium, 7-31-21

N/A: Philadelphia, Wells Fargo Center, 12-6-12 (no show/riot) & Philadelphia, Lincoln Financial Field, 7-14-16 (left early, security were absolutely terrible.)

Hyde Park 2023

London 2017 night 2 (might've been first if I was on the rail like Hyde Park, not in the nosebleeds)

Download 2018

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 2022 night 2

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 2022 night 1

• Like 1

Hard to rank 16 to be honest, 2002 was a blurry time ago

Best 5,

Hyde park

Dublin 2010, riot show 

Vegas 2014, second to last show of residency

London Olympic stadium 2017

Leeds Festival 2002, my 1st show 

• Like 1

Tough. I guess:

Paris 17

Cologne 93

Vegas 16 (X2)

Madrid 23

Athens 23

Rome 23

Munich 17

London 23

Milan 22

Lisbon 22

Boston 16 (x2)

Gothenburg 18

Stockholm 17

Frankfurt 23

Hannover 17

Gelsenkirchen 18

Graspop 23

Mannheim 18

Netherlands 23

Netherlands 17

Graspop 18

Netherlands 18

Rock am Ring 06

Munich 22

Pukkelpop 02

Berlin 18

Netherlands 06 (with Izzy)

Graspop 06

Mönchengladbach 12

Belgium/Netherlands 10

Netherlands 12

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

I’ve seen them three times- 2014, 2016, and 2023. 

2014- will never forget the opening riff to Chinese Democracy passing through my chest. Bumble was really fun to watch and Tommy did Sonic Reducer. This was a time surrounding lots of chatter of a new album. In hindsight, I’m really happy I got to experience Nu-Guns. Or Nu-Nu Guns more appropriately. 

2016- was really cool seeing them play Coma and getting to see Slash and Duff for the first time. The new Better intro was so epic. 

2023- this was my favorite time seeing them. So many treats in the setlist: Perhaps, Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Madagascar. Carry Underwood killed it and Axl was definitely in a great mood. 

Love reading about other fans cherished moments :headbang:

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Tough. I guess:

Paris 17

Cologne 93

Vegas 16 (X2)

Madrid 23

Athens 23

Rome 23

Munich 17

London 23

Milan 22

Lisbon 22

Boston 16 (x2)

Gothenburg 18

Stockholm 17

Frankfurt 23

Hannover 17

Gelsenkirchen 18

Graspop 23

Mannheim 18

Netherlands 23

Netherlands 17

Graspop 18

Netherlands 18

Rock am Ring 06

Munich 22

Pukkelpop 02

Berlin 18

Netherlands 06 (with Izzy)

Graspop 06

Mönchengladbach 12

Belgium/Netherlands 10

Netherlands 12

Wow what a list of shows ! Rock am 2006 is low..the pro shot is fab, sadly we don't have Madagascar & out ta get me ...didn't axl make a horses arse out of them ?

1. Hanover 2017 (Overall best voice possible with GNR at the time + Thunderstorm + Angus Young with Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff + Pyros, big fireworks + a great crowd around me, alot of young dudes in they 20s enjoying)

( I can't decide! Both awesome memories)
2. Frankfurt 2023 (Best Setlist + Best Mood I saw from Axl Rose, he was very happy + Perhaps (Soundcheck) with my own ears + in my memory best Hard Skool)
2. Leipzig 2018 (Great Summer Concert, perfect hot summer weather + way better than Berlin + in my memory best Shadow Of Your Love)

3. Hanover 2022 (Longest Setlist but it felt like Jukebox)

4. Munich 2022 (Jukebox with shorter setlist)

5. Mönchengladbach 2012 (First concert in my life but don't like the line up anymore... and four CD songs behind eachother (including Motivation) was a mood killer for a german crowd)

6. Berlin 2018 (meh)

RDS Dublin 2006 - 9/10

O2 Arena Dublin 2010 - 7/10 (Vocally it was 11/10)

O2 Arena Dublin 2012 - 8/10

Slane Castle 2017 - 6.5/10 (Axl wasn't great, the show dragged a bit)

Madrid 2017 - 8/10 

I've only seen GNR live twice.

Helsinki 2006

This was actually the first gig I've ever attended. (Not just GNR but in general) I was almost in the front row and could feel the warmth of the pyro. Axl was in a playful mood. I remember that he was throwing a ball with Frank. I think this was also the first gig where Axl performed Street of Dreams standing on top of the piano. I was one of the few who could sing along to the new CD songs because I had heard the leaks. Axl sounded amazing and I remember being blown away after the show.

Hämeenlinna 2017

It was amazing to see GNR with Slash and Duff. Axl didn't sound as good as in 2006 obviously and he wasn't as playful either. I wasn't even close to the front row this time, so the experience wasn't as mind blowing as last time. But on the other hand they played EVERY SINGLE SONG that I wanted to hear and more. Coma was probably the highlight for me and the fireworks at the end was a nice touch as well.

It's pretty difficult for me to rank these shows, because 2006 was my first show and I was almost at the front row, so the experience was better in that sense. Axl also sounded better. On the other hand in 2017 Slash and Duff were there and they played every GNR song I've ever wanted to hear live.

• Like 2

Calgary 2010
The best show I've ever seen. The set, the stage setup, the performance, everything about it was incredible. ITW, Shackler's, IRS, Better... Axl sounded fucking incredible and was surprisingly interactive with the crowd (telling stories and jokes throughout the show, even a little story/rant between CD and WTTJ). He had a lot of fun 'pranking' Bubbles with a lookalike.

Las Vegas 2016 (Night One)
This one ranks so highly just for the atmosphere, it was electric. I lost my fucking mind when the intro to Coma started.

Seattle 2011
Duff opened this show which was really cool. 2011 gets a lot of shit because of Rio, but Axl sounded great at this one - Civil War was fantastic, Better was near 2010-level, the AC/DC covers were fun. Ron handed me his pick at the end of Whole Lotta Rosie, when he hung over the monitors and let the people up front strum his guitar at the end of the song. The 'dolphin bomb' during Estranged was pretty funny. I've got Loaded's setlist from this gig somewhere...

Seattle 2016
Again this one ranks highly because it had a great atmosphere. Their first stadium run since the 90s (in North America, at least) and Axl was in top form. OTGM and Coma were definitely the highlights, it had one of the better performances of TIL, and we got Catcher which is kinda rare now...

Las Vegas (6/6/2014)
TWAT, Prostitute, Yesterdays, Marseilles... Axl sounded great, they played rare songs, and smaller venues are always better.

Las Vegas 2016 (Night Two)
I was front row for the first night, and 2nd-to-last row in the upper section for this show, which was a cool contrast. Technically this was the better show, but I had more fun at the first one. It was cool to see Baz join them, though.

Las Vegas (6/7/2014)
Last show of the 'CD era' and Axl definitely went all out for it. Another great setlist, and it was cool to see Nicolas Cage introduce them. Was fun hanging with Powerage, Black Sabbath, MSL, Sleeping Like An Angel and a few others at those 2014 shows.

Vancouver 2011
The other show where Duff opened. Probably the only show in the last 15 years where Axl got pissed at an audience member and kicked him out of the show. It was a lot of fun, rowdy crowd, Ron handed my (at the time) gf his pick at the end of Rosie. Axl sounded noticeably tired from the previous night in Seattle but it was still good. Duff joined for YCBM and Civil War.

Las Vegas (11/23/2012)
14 Years and Dead Flowers with Izzy, what more do I need to say? Typical late-2012 performance but half a dozen songs with Izzy was really cool to see.

Las Vegas (11/24/2012)
The last time Izzy and Axl performed together (at least publicly).

Gorge 2017
Great venue, I'd wanted to see a show there for years so it was great to see them there. Ayron Jones was added as a last-minute opener and he killed it, he made me a fan that night. This show was definitely better than the previous one in Vancouver, but still the 2017 shows had a lot of bloat. The covers were actually highlights, they'd just started playing Wichita Lineman and I Got You. I never liked their version of Black Hole Sun but it got a good response from the crowd.

Vancouver 2017
Like the Gorge show, I Got You was definitely a highlight. Nice versions of Nightrain, Catcher, and Wichita. The sound at BC is notoriously hit or miss though, and this show sounded pretty bad from where I was (front row).

Vancouver 2023
It definitely sounded better than the 2017 show, but Axl sounded worse. It was great to hear songs like Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, etc and it was my first time hearing 'new' songs since 2010. Unfortunately Axl's voice failed him a few times during the show, you could tell he was tired and really pushing himself but the voice just wasn't there at times. It probably should've been the last show of the tour, I'm surprised they added another half-dozen shows or whatever it was. It was nice to meet Amir at this show, too.

• Like 3

I've only been lucky enough to see GN'R in four times as I live in NZ but here they are.

4: Auckland 29th June 2007. Even tho Axl and Dizzy were the only classic era members left I was excited to see this show. I wanted to see and hear what this line up was like. Plus it was a year before Chinese Democracy dropped so it was cool to hear songs of it played. The band sounded tight and I loved Dizzy's piano cover of Don't Dream It's Over by kiwi band Crowded House. Angry Anderson and Sebastian Bach were great as the support acts and both guested during the GN'R set.

3: Auckland 6th February 1993. I was 15 and this was my first big concert. NZ band Dead Flowers and Skid Row were the support acts. There was a sound issue at the start which got fixed pretty quick. But all three bands and the general atmosphere was just incredible. Top night. My parents friends owned a go kart track where Slash and Gilby went the night before. I was one of a very lucky few who got to go down and hang. Got to meet and get Gilby and Slash's autographs which probably meant as much if not more than the show. Only thing that sucked is Axl rocked up shortly after I left so just missed out on meeting him.

2: Wellington 2nd February 2017. The weather was shit. Rained all thru the show. But I didn't care. Like most I never could've dreamed Axl n Slash would make up and share a stage again and after a year back together they were in NZ. Epic show despite the weather. They played just shy of three hours and they played Coma.

1: Wellington 8th December 2022. Beautiful sunny NZ summer weather this time. This show got delayed about a year cos of COVID so everyone was pretty fucking excited. Another great show and set. Band played well over there hours. Axl was in a great mood.

• Like 3