“Get ready for something F’n special.. 1.24.24”

16 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Unfortunately that's the world is going...the 'new' crap Beatles song showed us that

Song set for release then delayed 2 months, now a video 2 months after the release...only in GNR world 

I didn't even listen to that. How anyone can fall for this is beyond my comprehension. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Nice that they're doing something. I don't like Creative Works, so that's too bad for me. But I do appreciate they come out with something.

I respectfully disagree with you re: Creative Works, however, their confidence in what’s coming is rather intriguing to me.

Whatever’s in store for us on the 24th will keep GNR in conversation for “new” things, which I’m happy about since we all pretty much assumed this to be a quiet year.

I have a feeling we’re getting that Hollywood Bowl footage from TG’s debut… would explain Slash going all in playing that night. 

• Like 2

But how is a music video s.th. special? 🤔 I mean, they didn't use these terms or built up that kind of hype in the past, before the other "videos" for HS, SOYL, Absurd and Perhaps, did they? Weird... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

But how is a music video s.th. special? 🤔 I mean, they didn't use these terms or built up that kind of hype in the past, before the other "videos" for HS, SOYL, Absurd and Perhaps, did they? Weird... 

That’s why I’m hopeful (probably wrongfully so) it’s part of a much larger thing.

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

I guess they say it's "something special" because of the AI artwork in the video and that way being different than a regular music video. 

1 hour ago, thomasmcole said:

Did you even read anything about the song before forming this opinion? They only used AI technology to isolate John's vocal from his original dictaphone recording, it wasn't used in any other way. They used the same AI technology that was commissioned by Peter Jackson for the Let It Be documentary, which again was only used to isolate The Beatles conversations when there was too much background noise surrounding them.

Yes , it's absolutely crap & as disappointing as can be after all the hype...as a beatles fan, Jesus I was gutted with it 

Just now, DSTK said:

Yes , it's absolutely crap & as disappointing as can be after all the hype...as a beatles fan, Jesus I was gutted with it 

It's fake

47 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The new Beatles song isn't 'AI generated' it's a john lennon recording that was too grainy to use in a released piece. The remaining beatles then recorded all their studio parts (like slash and duff on axl songs) and the AI tech became good enough to isolate johns vocal and not all the background crap. Kind of like what we dream someone will use on the general phone clip. It's incredible extraction technology, not an ai song. So it appears the only person to fall for anything have been those that think that new beatles song is an AI song. It isnt. Whether you like the song or not, that is truly subjective and your own choice. 

And yes this is clearly a half assed, 7 week later video to the general. No idea why they couldnt release this when the song dropped. 

ahh appears someone beat me to the explanation!

Ok, I believe you here. But I meant it more like generally, you know. People seem to embrace this whole thing in music etc. That's where I wouldn't go, that's all. 

• Like 2