“Get ready for something F’n special.. 1.24.24”

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

You didn't like the Perhaps video? I thought it was pretty cool. 

Live videos doesn't work for me. Yeah it was cool but i would like an old fashioned video with the real band acting on them. I know it's imposible for this band tough

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Why not? It’s no different than the Paradise City or Dead Horse ones to me. 

The concept yes the context no

Edited by agustingloger
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

You didn't like the Perhaps video? I thought it was pretty cool. 

It's a decent video tbf, it's kind of like what the Better video was trying to be, live shots mixed with the backstage stuff.

32 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

A few years ago we'd have obsessed over this post loads and made all sorts of speculation. 

Now we're just so used to it and jaded we all just write it off immediately as nothing......I think we're all learning! 

That because there seems to be no more quality control with GnR.

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Announcing the release date for a frickin video’s a bit of a stretch. Now if it were an EP or album (it won’t be!), I could understand 

The epic trilogy videos in the 90s would of had trails on MTV before the big release...

Other bands do that too to be fair....everything is made a big deal of these days...except other bands have lots of "big deals" every year to keep their fanbase happy...

1 minute ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

IMO, Eden was the only one from UYI that wasn’t cringe. I’ve always thought that music videos shouldn't need much $ dumped into them 

I think The Garden is one of the better videos along with Eden, gritty and sleazy.. the way I like my GN’R! :lol:

• Like 3

Use of AI is lame af. Coming from a company that apparently creates things. 

They'll be fine when they go out of business because nobody wants to pay them and uses AI instead, I guess!

If GNR specifically asked them to use AI then that's just as bad and they are equally as lame for it.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Use of AI is lame af. Coming from a company that apparently creates things. 

They'll be fine when they go out of business because nobody wants to pay them and uses AI instead, I guess!

If GNR specifically asked them to use AI then that's just as bad and they are equally as lame for it.

This one screams to me no one on the band had any creative input. The company probably just made the video with clips and AI and sold it to GNR. Extremely soulless and embarrassing, I can’t believe this pile of shit will be in the same catalog as the November Rain and Estranged videos. Hell, this makes the Perhaps video look like a geniune masterpiece.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

A music video for a song that's been out over a month? 

Only in GNR world could that count as "something special". 

Well I don't have an issue with a music video being released a long time after the song. Estranged music video was released more than two years after UYI's. But that video was a multi million dollar cinematic production, not a lazy effort. It had elevated the song for fans much higher than perceived initially in 91 and added to its greatness. 

Even I kind of like the General as a song. It has grown well on me personally. And I really don't want a lame music video to ruin my imagination about it.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2