Whiskey A Go G0 1986 full video on youtube as of three hours ago!!!!

Fucking youtube... while I enjoy the fuck out of it, i miss the days where a piece of gold like that would be shared in best quality (available ) through torrent (or even DC++, remember that one??)

Thanks for sharing guys

So Marc Canter gave a copy to someone or did he himself leak this? Anyway the footage was great.. the band made so many mistakes and were not professionals at this point.. so cool to see! And the backstage footage after show was interesting time machine back in time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kelmi said:

So Marc Canter gave a copy to someone or did he himself leak this? Anyway the footage was great.. the band made so many mistakes and were not professionals at this point.. so cool to see! And the backstage footage after show was interesting time machine back in time

It's from a gen1 betamax tape. From my understanding Marc Canter gave it to Geffen way back then, and then it somehow got out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Waemoth said:

This is being shared by torrent. 

Would you be so kind and point me in the right direction?

I know there's a YouTube video but I'm a greedy downloading mutherfucker 😁

7 minutes ago, bojan said:

The icing on the cake is that it was leaked exactly 38 years later, to date!

why is that the icing on the cake? maybe I just don't understand why others care about shit being exactly x years later or whatever. All it makes me think is "shit, 38 years is a long time for it to leak, but at least it leaked".

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Well, it could have been two years from now, to make it round forty 😉

Seriously though, don't you think it's a funny coincidence? The leaker must have aimed that date.

Edited by bojan

3 minutes ago, bojan said:

Seriously though, don't you think it's a funny coincidence? The leaker must have aimed that date.

my guess is that it's likely not a coincidence, it just made me wonder why a lot of people care about anniversaries, it seems instinctual, but in reality it's not important enough for me at least to define it as "icing on the cake". I guess it's the sense of symmetry that is appealing. anyway, great fuckin' show from my favorite era of the band. so raw. 

19 hours ago, jamillos said:

Just SCOM and Ain't Goin Down is available, right? Cause I remember hearing this for the first time, and it's the fucking embodiment of GN'R.

Yes, I think so (I'm not 100% sure).

38 minutes ago, bojan said:

Yes, it's not a coincidence. I guess they just thought it would be cool to release it on the same date the show took place. But other than that, I don't think that's something that makes more special or anything like that.

Tim Collins, then manager of Aerosmith, appears in the backstage footage at the end of the video (as well as Tom Zutaut and Vicky Hamilton).

I don't think I've heard of their friend who played sax during Anything Goes before. I looked in Marc Canter's book and his name is not mentioned. He's referred to as a "musical associate" who also provided the band with some experimental "recreational" substances after the show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 1

and speaking of Marc, Thank you SO much!!!

I hope he's very happy to see this amazing gift from him finally find it's way to a wider audience of the fans that love this band as much as he always has

to quote the liner notes of Appetite

" Marc Canter - without you ? "

Thank You!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Tim Collins, then manager of Aerosmith, appears in the backstage footage at the end of the video (as well as Tom Zutaut and Vicky Hamilton).

I don't think I've heard of their friend who played sax during Anything Goes before. I looked in Marc Canter's book and his name is not mentioned. He's referred to as a "musical associate" who also provided the band with some experimental "recreational" substances after the show.

Wasn't it Duff's brother?

Sometimes you kick around GNR land and it gets a little stale in 2024, and then you hear Axl's vocal run on Anything Goes in that intro clip, and it's like... oohhh right... 

Edited by Ant000
  • Like 1