Which Album Have You Listened More- TSI or ChiDem?

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CD easily, TSI has some good stuff but overall It just never clicked with me. Black leather, ain't it fun, since I don't have you all great; attitude, down on the farm? Not so much!

I haven't listened to CD in full in a while but it's easily the most played guns album that I own (according to my iTunes play count).

I've probably listened to it as much or a little more than AFD, probably more. Can't explain exactly why but I really enjoy the majority of the album.

Edited by Tom2112

I listened to CD a lot. I don't even know the full track list for TSI. Both are terrible albums.

But if you had to pick one turd?

On TSI I like Attitude and Since I Don't Have You. On CD I like Better. TSI features Slash and great vocals from Axl. TSI no doubt.

I still listen to songs off CD on a weekly basis.

Better. Catcher. Twat. Street of dreams - 3-4 times a week.

Prostitute. IRS. This I Love. Shacklers. Rhiad. 1-2 times a week.

Haven't listened to CD, Sorry, Scraped, Madagascar or If The World in probably two years.

I've listened to CD more than any GNR album except AFD.

Great album.

???

I still listen to songs off CD on a weekly basis.

Better. Catcher. Twat. Street of dreams - 3-4 times a week.

Prostitute. IRS. This I Love. Shacklers. Rhiad. 1-2 times a week.

Haven't listened to CD, Sorry, Scraped, Madagascar or If The World in probably two years.

you need some Madagascar in your life

only thing that really sucks about it is the quotes everything else is amazing

I listened to CD a lot. I don't even know the full track list for TSI. Both are terrible albums.

But if you had to pick one turd?

On TSI I like Attitude and Since I Don't Have You. On CD I like Better. TSI features Slash and great vocals from Axl. TSI no doubt.
How different opinions can be.

Attitude and SIDHY are one of my least favorites on this album especially SIDHY. I always wondered why they choosed this song as a single with a music video.

The better songs for me are:

1. Raw Power

2. Ain't It Fun

3. Down On The Farm

4. Buick Mackane

5. Black Leather

Probably in that order

Edited by Free Bird

It's hard to say really. TSI has such an advantage, being released many years earlier. So if you ask me which one I've listened to more, I think it just might be a tie between those two, although as an album I much prefer CD.

Great songs on TSI:

Down On The Farm, Ain't It Fun, Black Leather

Great songs on CD:

Better, There Was A Time, This I Love, Prostitute, Chinese Democracy, Shackler's Revenge, Catcher In The Rye, Street Of Dreams

Good songs on TSI:

Since I Don't Have You

Good songs on CD:

Sorry, I.R.S, Riad N' The Bedouins

Ok songs on TSI:

Raw Power, New Rose, Look At Your Game Girl, You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory

Ok songs on CD:

Madagascar, Scraped

Songs that I often skip on TSI:

Human Being, Hair Of The Dog, Attitude, I Don't Care About You, Buick Makane/ Big Dumb Sex

Songs that I often skip on CD:

If The World

Edited by Lies They Tell

Can't believe people who have racked up thousands of posts on a GNR message board have never listened to TSI in its entirety...

I really think TSI gets a raw deal. It's a great little album. Not too serious, tonnes of attitude and some career-best performances from Axl and Slash respectively. I also really love Duff's songs on this album too.

• Like 4

It's not really a fair comparison, especially when referring to iTunes plays - which only came into existence about two decades after TSI was released.

I dunno - the album that I enjoy songs the most from is TSI - some of it is brilliant. I don't think CD reaches brilliant levels that often, a few Axl verses aside. TSI is so much more a Guns album - raucous guitars, raucous singing, raucous attitude. CD is completely meh in parts in comparison. I also have trouble taking an album that contains a song named 'Scraped' that seriously.

Edited by Carburetta
  • Like 1

I think it's important to take into account the context of The Spaghetti Incident.

This album rocks in every sense of the word. The production is fantastic and every complaint that anyone had production wise from Use Your Illusion is completely fixed.

Thought Matt was stiff and machine like?

-Fuck You!

-His sound is as ferocious as ever and he's grooving like Steven Adler on steroids.

Izzy was absent in the mix ?

-Fuck Izzy! We've got Gilby shittin' so hard on Izzy's erased tracks he's gonna need to wipe.

Thought Axl was given too much free reign to add silly nonsense to the mix?

-Fuck..Damn That one is gonna take a few decades.

But two out of three ain't bad.

It's important too, to understand that this album was never meant to be UYI 3 or anything close.

I think in retrospect people have lost sight of this. TSI started out as a "Punk EP" as Axl would often refer to it. They recorded it mostly in mobile studios while doing the Illusion Tours. It was only supposed to be a fun little homage to their influences by the band. It was purely meant to tide us over until the band could rest from their three year tour and begin work on the next album. Unfortunately we all know what came next. No new album was ever made.

So my point is that it's kinda unfair to the album to view it out of context. It's ridiculously good, and at the time it was released, every single person I knew who could play guitar even a little bit was trying to play the Slash Since I don't have you intro. I still to this day throw on Human Being and Ain't it Fun on bar jukeboxes. Axl tears those songs up!

Also it's nice to finally hear Duff coming into his own on this record. The Johnny Thunders song is So Fine part 2 and is fantastic. Black Leather, New Rose and Raw Power are Duff heavy and they're great! Finally Duff gets to shine on a GNR record. Slash, besides the iconic Since I Don't Have You lick, shines on Hair Of The Dog and Buick Mckaine/Big Dumb Sex. He was super into Soundgarden at the time so that was a cool addition. Slash basically does Slash on this record and it's awesome. Only complaint is where's the Down on the Farm intro?

Ain't It Fun deserves special mention because it's killer! it features all the reasons Axl and Slash work well together. Just a great dark and moody atmosphere and perfect guitar/vocal interplay. Slash's part in that song is actually really busy and it's hard to pull that off without stepping on the vocals. That song demonstrates how Slash and Axl excelled at being able to both have "spotlight psrts" going on at the same time and it sounding completely natural.

Edited by TOS--LOA
  • Like 3