setlist for 2017

I think we are gonna see more songs added - I think perfect t Crime will make the set - seeker will be gone - I am hoping Locomotive will make the setlist - that would be a  killer jam - youre crazy will be added- Nighttrain should be the on the encore - Dont Cry every night with  Patience - A miracle -Dont Damn me is added that would be bad ass 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

I think we are gonna see more songs added - I think perfect t Crime will make the set - seeker will be gone - I am hoping Locomotive will make the setlist - that would be a  killer jam - youre crazy will be added- Nighttrain should be the on the encore - Dont Cry every night with  Patience - A miracle -Dont Damn me is added that would be bad ass 

If you add songs, others will be taken away.  They aren't gonna be for 3 hours every night.

• Like 1

I have a feeling you're going to see the same set list formula of this year, hopefully they tweak it though because some of it is extremely boring (Wish You Were Here>Layla>NR>Knockin part is awful). Also, I think it's time to retire The Seeker.

I would like them to add these to the alt list: You're Crazy from Lies, Perfect Crime, Dead Horse, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, The Blues and IRS. Would be cool if Axl dusted off "Don't Cry (alt lyrics)" sometimes too, just to change it up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If you add songs, others will be taken away.  They aren't gonna be for 3 hours every night.

I would be very susprised if they make big changes in the set list. Maybe for the second leg of the U.S. Tour but I wouldn't bet on it

• Like 2

They play all of their classics,so every casual fan will be pleased with the show.

Songs I would love to hear : You're Crazy,Since I Don't Have You,Madagascar,Think About You.

The Seeker is an easy song for Axl, he rests his voice for PC there, so I don't think they will change it.

BUT I will be happy enough if they just keep playin' COMA.

PS: Merry Christmas to all the members. Peace and Love,to you and your families.

• Like 2

I haven't seen the current show. I won't see them until the summer when they come to europe, and therefore I hope they won't change much

I laugh at all those who complain about the setlist because they got tired of streaming the same show every night on the internet :facepalm:

• Like 4

I hope they rotate some Chinese tunes. I really want Axl to bring I.R.S back. With rasp and Slash it sounds so good in my head.

Perfect Crime will be great if Axl can handle it. But after hearing him sing the AC/DC stuff, I think he can pull it off.

Locomotive/Coma rotation

Don't Cry original/alternative lyrics

Down On The Farm

and bring back Madagascar as well.

If they're gonna play so many covers, and won't replace that with original material, I think new covers should be introduced to the setlist.

I don't expect many changes though. Bring back Sailing and more band jams instead of the same solo spots. Wish You Were Here could be replaced for next year.

Edited by Rovim

I think the bulk of it will be the same. If they change anything, I think it'll look like this:

Layla/WYWH - replaced by another piano/guitar solo
Coma - replaced by Locomotive
Out Ta Get Me - replaced by Perfect Crime
The Seeker - replaced by You're Crazy or another cover

I could see them adding Street of Dreams and Nice Boys to the list of rotating songs, too (CITR, Sorry, My Michelle, TWAT, etc)

Hopefully they change the pace up. The 30-minute stretch from WYWH to KOHD is the definite low-point in the sets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the bulk of it will be the same. If they change anything, I think it'll look like this:

Layla/WYWH - replaced by another piano/guitar solo
Coma - replaced by Locomotive
Out Ta Get Me - replaced by Perfect Crime
The Seeker - replaced by You're Crazy or another cover

I could see them adding Street of Dreams and Nice Boys to the list of rotating songs, too (CITR, Sorry, My Michelle, TWAT, etc)

Hopefully they change the pace up. The 30-minute stretch from WYWH to KOHD is the definite low-point in the sets.

Yeah I really wish they'll bring back Street Of Dreams. It's a no brainer really.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

To be fair it's the same set as 2011-14 w/ Coma & DTJ added.

The classics will always be played. It's like this with Rolling Stones, AC/DC and yes... Guns N' Roses. The classics alone make up about 80% of the setlist, so yea you could always say it's a little similar year to year.  However there are a few couple songs that get switched from tour to tour. They played Shackler, Madagascar, 14 Years etc. regularly through those years you mentioned. Now they play other songs.

Don't think you'll see a bigger change until they release a new album, and even then they majority of the setlist will be the classics.

3 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

To be fair it's the same set as 2011-14 w/ Coma & DTJ added.

Yeah but things are sorted differently with this line up it seems, Axl mentioned Slash and Duff were responsible for making the Troubadour setlist, and I dont see them not giving Coma to Europe before replacing it with anything else. I can see it being alternated with TWAT again next year like this year.

And for the people who think The Seeker will be dropped: think again :axl:

25 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Hope Nice Boys is added

I think they rehearsed that as an alt. setlist pick specifically for the AU/NZ shows. Gonna be awesome!

I expect the setlist to remain the same pretty much. They'll probably change up the order and rotate a few songs in and out of the set. 

Locomotive is a pipe dream. Song is way too difficult to sing, much more so than Coma. The couple times Axl sang it back during the Illusions tour, he was shredding his voice.

• Like 1