Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, donny said:

i have never sent money over a FB page. if something happened like for example=

"i'm doing a one off intimate show for 100 people and all money goes to a homeless charity, send a $50 donation here to get a ticket" and this impersonator has pocketed the money then Tommy needs to say that. if not then why say "dont send money" ? 

dont get me wrong i am on Tommy's side here but it seems like a strange thing to say if it has never happened.

I’m not exactly sure, but I believe something happened beforehand w fake profiles and $ going out. I vaguely remember something w Replacement reunion shows and illegal merch/charity related. They could just say that as a general warning  

3 minutes ago, donny said:

i have never sent money over a FB page. if something happened like for example=

"i'm doing a one off intimate show for 100 people and all money goes to a homeless charity, send a $50 donation here to get a ticket" and this impersonator has pocketed the money then Tommy needs to say that. if not then why say "dont send money" ? 

dont get me wrong i am on Tommy's side here but it seems like a strange thing to say if it has never happened.

People commonly use fake celebrity social media accounts to "raise money" so I'm guessing Tommy was just being safe in covering that base with his post.

He's probably completely unaware that the biggest motivating factor behind anything and everything this person does seems to be attention. As sad as that is, that's just about all that person seems to care about. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He's probably completely unaware that the biggest motivating factor behind anything and everything this person does seems to be attention. As sad as that is, that's just about all that person seems to care about. 

Hmmm... But on the podcast, the other fan said Alfred convinced him to send him 2k bucks to buy the HOB video, so there seems to be a previous ocassion where this person has tried to get easy money from someone. 

I might come up as highly suspicious of others but in my experience of life, most of this kind of things are motivated basically by money.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Hmmm... But on the podcast, the other fan said Alfred convinced him to send him 2k bucks to buy the HOB video, so there seems to be a previous ocassion where this person has tried to get easy money from someone. 

I might come up as highly suspicious of others but in my experience of life, most of this kind of things are motivated basically by money.

Could very well be a thing. In all honesty, I try very hard to know as little about Alfred and mofo as possible. The only reason I'm even involved in this whole thing currently is because they went way over the line and threatened families.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Could very well be a thing. In all honesty, I try very hard to know as little about Alfred and mofo as possible. The only reason I'm even involved in this whole thing currently is because they went way over the line and threatened families.

I understand... and I'm all the opposite, haha. I like to know as much as I can so that I am prevented and have a full picture of who we are dealing with.

You never know when these jerks might be knocking your door. I like being prepared.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I understand... and I'm all the opposite, haha. I like to know as much as I can so that I am prevented and have a full picture of who we are dealing with.

You never know when these jerks might be knocking your door. I like being prepared.

I get that.

My thing is that we've had a great stance of just ignoring them altogether and it's worked for YEARS. However, we're to the point now (threatening families) where they're just so far past any line of decency that our hand is being forced into all of this being discussed out in the open.

At the end of the day, it's giving them what they want the most; attention. That's all they care about it seems and they'll cross any line (as evidenced by the threats) to get it. 

The reason I'm concerned or even care to know anything about them is because it direcly effects our users and I care about our community a great deal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

At the end of the day, it's giving them what they want the most; attention. That's all they care about it seems and they'll cross any line (as evidenced by the threats) to get it. 

The reason I'm concerned or even care to know anything about them is because it direcly effects our users and I care about our community a great deal.

Yes, of course.

I am of the opinion that when you expose this kind of people it is a positive thing altogether, because not only you are making aware many innocent ones who could be their next potential victim and this is more of a service to the unknowing ones to get prevented. And also, the attention they are getting is so negative that it can't do any good to them after all.

The fact that they are crossing some lines we never thought they would, shows that their need for adrenaline is very high; however, the world is made of rules and boundaries. Sooner or later they will crash that Ferrari they are driving so fast. No one comes out unscathed from such a crash.

I have the feeling that they are very close to snapping and it will be horrible for them.

32 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Legitimately was unaware. Never kept up with his solo work or The Replacements :shrugs:

You should check them out.

Alex Chilton is my #1 played song in iTunes because every time it comes on i play it atleast 10 times :lol: 

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I think Slash and Duff have had fake FB pages asking for money via PM to the followers

Unfortunately there is also a fake Steven twitter account asking fans for money. I blocked him on twitter and wrote an email to steven s booking agent as this was the only email I could find. I dont want anyone to believe this fake twitter Steven is our  Steven!

those people who steal identities and want money from fans and who harm the image of some person should be put at the court with legal actions. 

• Like 3

On 07/08/2018 at 5:01 PM, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

Pretty much,but did not care cuz I was so happy to contribute to a little part of GNR history! All I Did was rearrange the AFD cross,erased Adler and Izzy,put the Coachella GNR bullet logo in the center,Put Coachella on the top and GNFNR on the right to coincide with the 1st show.All of a sudden for the Coachella Week 2 show,they used my idea on shirts and posters! Here’s mine:CgMpQsoWsAAOepZ?format=jpg&name=large

Heres theirs on the right Cg2JJiVWsAAEUxi?format=jpg&name=large

u decide! Lol.I just wonder who saw mine and presented it to the band...

you should have never ever have erased izzy and steven to being with...

that makes you just as bad as them

:rofl-lol:

• Haha 4