cryptic tweets from official GNR page

Fuck the Superbowl I don't wanna see GNR lipsync to music

This.

If GNR were booked for the Super Bowl half time they'd just be miming anyway, so it wouldn't be all that exciting.

I literally have no understanding of American football and I don't watch the superbowl but are all these shows lipsynced then?

Yeah.

Not in the traditional sense. Like, they wouldn't be miming to the original studio cut of Jungle or anything, but the audio would all have to be pre-recorded days in advance. So you'd basically be watching GN'R mime along to a live track they recorded a week or so earlier.

The mic is live, instruments are not plugged in. This was confirmed by RHCP and the NFL. Although, if Axl's voice hasn't improved (I'm optimistic that he's gotten himself in shape and vocals improved as a consequence) then it would be better for him to be unplugged as well.

Axl could not even be bothered to prepare for Rio 3, his first gig in eight years and debut of the new band. He did not even turn up to sound check according to Brain until the early hours of the morning and then just watched like an idiot. What makes you think he will prepare for a reunion?

Axl could not even be bothered to prepare for Rio 3, his first gig in eight years and debut of the new band. He did not even turn up to sound check according to Brain until the early hours of the morning and then just watched like an idiot. What makes you think he will prepare for a reunion?

The HOB gig happened a few weeks before that. He rehearsed with them for that and also played thru the sound check iirc

It always amazes me how people think that they will see GNR or other classic rock bands play at the Super Bowl anytime soon. Bruno Mars delivered 115MM viewers during this Super Bowl halftime performance, second only to Katy Perry last year with 121MM viewers. They draw bigger audiences than GNR ever would. Plus I am assuming that the halftime show will once again be sponsored by Pepsi. Do you really think Pepsi wants to target middle-aged men with the halftime performer? No, they want some one who reaches a younger and impressionable audience.

Bruno Mars and Katy Perry are shit. Surely there are millions of football fans that love classic rock.

Yeah, you didn't read any of my follow up response :facepalm:

They need to get a classic old band that is respected and a younger band that is really popular right now.

Who?

I heard they were retiring from touring. Not sure they would agree to open for GnR anyway.

I doubt they will open for GNR and IF a reunion happens then they don't need an opening band.

I can totally see Axl and Slash hanging out and laughing about all this speculation on the internet / twitter, etc...

They are going to make over half a billion with this reunion. If the Police made $360 million then a reunited GnR will be twice that easy.

Seriously?

A GnR reunion tour will "easily" make over 720 million dollars?

You do realize this isn't 1996 and the follow up album/tour to the Illusions. Right?

To suggest that is ludicrous.

If Slash and Duff hadn't been extremely active in touring and releasing albums over the last 20 years. And if Axl hadn't released CD and toured off and on over the last 20 years. Then you could start thinking in the hundreds or millions of dollars. But in 2016? There is no way.

Casual rock fans stopped caring. Go to any rock music forum and just chat with people about a potential GnR tour. It's more negative than positive.

Thank you! 720 million dollars?!? So basicaly it's gonna be the highest grossing concert tour in the history of popular music? My fuckin' arse :lol: They never even approached that shit in their heyday, never even cracked the top ten highest grossing tours even then.

But ah, they weren't overweight then either, perhaps thats gonna be the clincher, more gut for your buck :lol:

It's going to be "epic"....more epic than when they were the most popular band in the world.

U2 should be the opener.

NOOOOOO!!! LORD JESUS IN THE HEAVENS, NOOO!!!!!! The only thing I'd like to see opened about U2 is their throats at public beheading in Saudi Arabia in the town square.

a little too much for bono and co. but i get your point.

In fact i have some ideas for the opening. They should do it "POP" style, with all the hits from "POP". Opening with Discotheque and shit. Bring the lemon too. And Jimmy Fallon.

I can totally see Axl and Slash hanging out and laughing about all this speculation on the internet / twitter, etc...

They are going to make over half a billion with this reunion. If the Police made $360 million then a reunited GnR will be twice that easy.

Seriously?

You do realize this isn't 1996 and the follow up album/tour to the Illusions. Right?

If Slash and Duff hadn't been extremely active in touring and releasing albums over the last 20 years. And if Axl hadn't released CD and toured off and on over the last 20 years. Then you could start thinking in the hundreds or millions of dollars. But in 2016? There is no way.

Casual rock fans stopped caring. Go to any rock music forum and just chat with people about a potential GnR tour. It's more negative than positive.

I will go by what I have seen.

GNR without Slash and co have drawn many to a show, you cannot ignore that fact.

Any show I have been to lately, I think the biggest one was Crue... guess what I was hearing in the crowd, the bathroom and the concourse? Yup rock fans talking about how fucking cool it would be for Guns to get back together, these people were not talking to me but were chatting around me. To think it would not be a huge seller is silly. Ignore us on the forum, the rabid fans here, think about it, it would be huge.

Seriously?

I will go by what I have seen.

GNR without Slash and co have drawn many to a show, you cannot ignore that fact.

Any show I have been to lately, I think the biggest one was Crue... guess what I was hearing in the crowd, the bathroom and the concourse? Yup rock fans talking about how fucking cool it would be for Guns to get back together, these people were not talking to me but were chatting around me. To think it would not be a huge seller is silly. Ignore us on the forum, the rabid fans here, think about it, it would be huge.

Kids dancing in the hallways and fans at other band's shows are talking about GnR in the isles.

I said they would probably hang with Crüe show numbers. And it looks like Kiss is drawing 20-25,000 a night. Surely a GnR reunion could pull if those numbers in large cities.

The last GnR show I saw was in Seattle and there was maybe 8,000 people there (1,500 by shows end). Were there 17,000 people that stayed at home that would go if you had Slash to the mix?

Did Izzy and Duff's appearance bolster sales totals on the last tour?

I never said it would be a bust.

I said it would probably easily draw 20 grand in big cities. And sell out overseas.

But 750 million dollars?

And be more "epic" than seeing the band in their prime?

Not a chance.

That would make it the highest grossing your of all time. Beating out three-year long tours by U2 and the Stones.

You think a GnR reunion will be the highest grossing tour of all time?

Edited by Apollo

Tbh, yes, it could be one of the highest grossing tours of all time imo. When you factor in the nostalgia, the fact they were in their prime when Steven was fired and Izzy, Duff, and Slash left, it's possible.

Old Guns have old fans and young kids that love the band and never got a chance to see them live. It won't be as good as when they were in their prime, but people will pay to see the original 5 again, or for the first time ever.

Tbh, yes, it could be one of the highest grossing tours of all time imo. When you factor in the nostalgia, the fact they were in their prime when Steven was fired and Izzy, Duff, and Slash left, it's possible.

Old Guns have old fans and young kids that love the band and never got a chance to see them live. It won't be as good as when they were in their prime, but people will pay to see the original 5 again, or for the first time ever.

This. I wouldn't book it, but it's really not all that implausible. Hell, Axl'a touring band was constantly near the rope for every year end top grossing tour list, and that's essentially without the American market who wasn't all that interested in a slashless GNR. Edited by TeeJay410

Could "between the lines" could be a reference to the Super Bowl halftime?

I believe that in NFL betting, the odds are also known as 'lines', and include halftime lines. Therefore, it could be a reference to them playing between the lines? Or perhaps more literally, the lines of the sports field.

not a chance.

Metallica are already booked on the night before and speculations are on Maroon 5 for the hald time.

It's sad to think could of have Guns " N " Roses instead you get Maroon 5

"Could HAVE had".