Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

You guys are thinking "it will not be a reunion without steven and izzy". But what if it is not a reunion at all. maybe it's just Slash and Duff rejoining the band for a future tour and perhaps a new album.

I would love that! New album is what I crave for! The one with Axl, Duff, Slash and maybe Izzy co-write songs!

I think it would be a drag if this turns out to be true. They should either go for a full reunion or just forget about it in my opinion . It's sort've hard to label it a "reunion" tour if Slash is going to be the only one returning. After all, Duff has obviously played with Axl and the new guys already more than once ,so it's not like that would be that mind shattering for him to be there.

The only reason I could see this as possibly becoming true is it would allow Axl to save face in the whole situation . He's said forever that he'd never do it (a reunion) so this scenario wouldn't be him eating crow and asking all the old guys back but instead would be Slash and Duff returning to play in HIS band on HIS terms.

To be honest I really don't even care much at all if they reunite and tour, I just wish they'd all get on the same page so we could see some "new " material coming out- Appetite/Illusion special editions with bonus outtakes, the Use Your Illusion tour movie, Marc Canter's amazing treasure trove of early shows, etc.

The prospect of some of that stuff finally being released is way more important to me then them reuniting to do a new tour (of songs we've all heard them play live tons of times over the years) ! Plus I'm still very wary as to how Axl's voice will even sound in 2016 even if he has the entire Appetite lineup behind him pumping him up.

• Like 1

hmmm i dont know what to make of this or how i feel. Part of me would like to see a straight up reunion of the originals, then I also like the idea of Steven for AFD songs, Sorrum for UYI idea. It def would be lame though if Izzy is a no show, but we all know he is eccentric in his own way. But then in a way I would like to see NuGNR members paired with originals lol both tour and new Album maybe, would be interesting to say the least. But I would rather have Brain than Frank though.

But still I feel like either do a full reunion or none at all, because I think everyone wants to at least see the original 5 for closure with some variation of the drummer Steven or Matt or both and obviously Dizzy would also be on board to top it all off.

Edited by amacfantasy

Agree with the flow of opinion on here. If Izzy doesn't want to do it then Fortus is the best choice. He's a good guitarist, can perform with energy and looks like Izzy imo - which is important for a reunion tour (or whatever it turns out to be).

Gilby seems like a nice guy but his playing and persona was pretty bland on the UYI tour and he never felt like GN'R.

As for Frank, no. Either Adler or Sorum. Does anyone know if Sorum still drums so bombastically these days? The VR albums sound like he's toned it down a little. He needs to ... And lose a few toms and symbols.

I think it its just Fortus as an extra you can get away with "reunion" but with Frank as well it's pushing the authenticity.

You guys are thinking "it will not be a reunion without steven and izzy". But what if it is not a reunion at all. maybe it's just Slash and Duff rejoining the band for a future tour and perhaps a new album.

I have a hard time believing there's going to be any new music without Izzy. You can say "Any time Axl shows up it's GnR" but the fact is if he didn't sing any of the songs Izzy wrote, or Izzy wrote with Axl, Axl's shows would be have their length.

No Izzy means live dates, but no new music. Unless he wants to do a new album but not tour.

Because it won't be. It'll be Axl guesting with Kings of Chaos, or Slash and Duff guesting with Axl and his backup band. Which is great.

i don't see why Izzy wouldn't give it ago. hes said he would.

also if Axl can put his Slash grudge behind him theres no logical reason why Matt wouldn't be involved if no Adler

I'm hoping this is a bullshit rumor. Clinging to Duff's "are we too old?" remark, and the fact they were recording a couple months ago. He's always said he'd be up for it and I really don't think that leaving Stevie out of it would make him say no. Sober or not, Stevie's still a mess and I think Izzy likes to avoid that kind of thing.

How fun and a big kick in the face would it be when the GN'R reunion comes with Tracii Guns,Ole Beich and Rob Gardner. that would lead to some reactions to say the least

That would freak people out. I'm pretty sure Ole is dead.

forgot about that, thanks for mentioning it.

Don't give up so easily man! :lol:

Seriously IF Ferrer and Fortus are there then they should call themselves Posers N' Roses. I don't care if Duff and Slash are there, yeah I will go and see them live, but without Izzy,Steven, Matt and Gilby its NOT Guns N' Roses.

How are Matt and Gilby more legit than Frank and Richard? None of them are founding members or wrote with the band. Edited by RichardNixon
  • Like 1

Maybe because Richard is a fantastic guitarist?

Yeah... but maybe people wanna see the old guys playing together again and not a fantastic guitar player they don't associate with classic Guns N Roses?

Sure, but the statement was "it doesn't make sense to go with Richard before Gilby". Under the premise that the goal is to ressurect a specific lineup it might not make sense at all, right, but under any other premise it makes absolute sense since Richard is a way better guitar player than Gilby.

Yeah... but maybe people wanna see the old guys playing together again and not a fantastic guitar player they don't associate with classic Guns N Roses?

Sure, but the statement was "it doesn't make sense to go with Richard before Gilby". Under the premise that the goal is to ressurect a specific lineup it might not make sense at all, right, but under any other premise it makes absolute sense since Richard is a way better guitar player than Gilby.

Was there a guitar competition where Fortus easily defeated Gilby?

Lots of people think that Gilby is a much better guitar player.

Music is all about personal preference. I think Gilby is better. You think Fortus is better.

I suppose the only opinion that really matters is Axl. Who does he think will suit the band better going forward in the future.

• Like 1

Was there a guitar competition where Fortus easily defeated Gilby?

Lots of people think that Gilby is a much better guitar player.

Music is all about personal preference. I think Gilby is better. You think Fortus is better.

I suppose the only opinion that really matters is Axl. Who does he think will suit the band better going forward in the future.

Yes, and we already know the answer.

"Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties."

"I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion."

I don't care about Matt or Steven, and If Izzy doesn't want to do Fortus is the best option just because Axl is comfortable with him and he isn't with Gilby. The same goes with Frank, Slash and Duff wouldn't mind at all as they have not much connection with Steven or Izzy anyway and probably it means bigger paychecks for them.

It's a shame it will be only some kind of cashgrab tour, I'd love that lineup with Fortus and Slash to record some music but they won't record some short EP and for sure they won't record new record - unless Slash agrees to re-record some already done Axl's tracks.

I don't care about Matt or Steven, and If Izzy doesn't want to do Fortus is the best option just because Axl is comfortable with him and he isn't with Gilby. The same goes with Frank, Slash and Duff wouldn't mind at all as they have not much connection with Steven or Izzy anyway and probably it means bigger paychecks for them.

It's a shame it will be only some kind of cashgrab tour, I'd love that lineup with Fortus and Slash to record some music but they won't record some short EP and for sure they won't record new record - unless Slash agrees to re-record some already done Axl's tracks.

And who told you this?

I think a reunion without new music is not that interesting. And I really don't think they would just touring if it comes to a reunion ever.

I hope I am no right. But If they are indeed touring next year It's hard to imagine how they can record new music

Unless Slash re-record guitars and that's why Fortus and Ferrer could be crucial as they might now new material.

Fact is we don't know. We don't even know if the reunion will happen so right now all that talk is just speculation.