6lake sa66ath

*OFFICIAL* MERCHANDISE THREAD

11 minutes ago, zombux said:

no, the difference is that KISS openly admits they are a sellout act, and while I don't really listen to KISS, I have no problem with that. at least they are honest.

I've never really seen such a problem with Kiss- sure they make loads of tat, but they also make music, release it and tour. 20 albums, 4 solo ones, and 11 live ones. I can't vouch for the quality of these of course (the only Kiss album I own is 'Alive') but they're obviously still a musical force.

You're right too- they're pretty honest about the tat they make. I think I once read Gene Simmons saying something along the lines of "if someone will buy it, we'll make it". 

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't buy any of it! 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've never really seen such a problem with Kiss- sure they make loads of tat, but they also make music, release it and tour. 20 albums, 4 solo ones, and 11 live ones. I can't vouch for the quality of these of course (the only Kiss album I own is 'Alive') but they're obviously still a musical force.

You're right too- they're pretty honest about the tat they make. I think I once read Gene Simmons saying something along the lines of "if someone will buy it, we'll make it". 

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't buy any of it! 

This. I hate KISS, but they do the one thing that a band (notice the absence of an R in that word) is supposed to do - RELEASE MUSIC. Yes, they are a bunch of commercial moneygrabbing whores. And they fully admit to that too. All that merch shit is fine, as long as a band does the one key thing a band should do - make and release music. The reason GnR is such a laughable mess is that they tend to do the terribly shitty and overpriced merch (puzzles, laundry bags, fucking yoyo's) WITHOUT actually releasing music. It's just pathetic really. 

• Like 4

Kinda cool. I'm not a big fan of puzzles myself, but if I was I wouldn't have minded getting this.

8 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

So that is what Fernando meant when he said 'were just getting started' 

Yes they started the puzzle then and now they're done.

• Like 1

Remember!!! 

If a puzzle isn't your cup of tea, you can always choose the THIRTY DOLLAR yo yo, or you also have the choice of a TWENTY DOLLAR frisbee! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can't wait till Christmas Day when all the family...my Dad, my Mum, my Sister & her fiancee, Grandma all get together and play with that jigsaw puzzle... it's going to be epic!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, username said:

SharedImage-96469.jpg?t=e4037a674633bf3a

"Oh boy! A Jigsaw Puzzle of a women getting raped and murdered by a robot! Just the thing I wanted for my child this Christmas!"
 - Absolutely fucking nobody, ever

This messages was brought to you by the hardworking moneygrabbers of Team Brazil. 

I happen to like this puzzle, and will buy it if I don't receive it as a gift for Christmas

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

Where is my UYI Bluray gig?

I heard from a real insider it is coming for the 50th anniversary of the albums :lol:

Edited by Tourettes2400

16 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Maybe, it will be better to have "Put together your favorite band members" puzzle.

That would be fun.

maybe a puzzle where it asks "will the band record a new album" and you have to put the puzzle together to confirm the answer.

10 hours ago, Tadsy said:

Not sure where else to put this, but Matt Sorum’s autobiography is being released on the 7.04.2020

its called double talkin jive. I’ll be interested to see his take on the UYI period and if there’s anything in it we haven’t heard before. 

I really hope he really goes into depth with his tenure with the band, but i doubt it......as a way of not burning bridges.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really hope he really goes into depth with his tenure with the band, but i doubt it......as a way of not burning bridges.

Definitely mate. 
when he first announced he was doing the book he made some big claims like not watering it down etc so hopefully he’s backed that up with a good account of that period. I’m the first to admit I’m not remotely interested in the cult but the UYI period and velvet revolver period will be of big interest to me, hopefully we hear some fresh perspectives on axl, Scott and everything that went on. 

4 hours ago, downliner said:

Im ashamed to admit it, but I quite like the jigsaw puzzles too. I'll see myself out... :lol:

No it's nice, only except the original AfD robot image, that wasn't a great idea. 

It creates a weird incongruence when they market Appetite era 1980s ''sleaze'' on stupendously priced bourgeois beige products like jigsaw puzzles, Christmas jumpers and beach towels. If I could credit Team Brazil with irony, I would!

Laundry bags also!!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I heard from a real insider it is coming for the 50th anniversary of the albums :lol:

Hope they do it. And not just one gig!

Saw the jigsaws in HMV today- loads of different ones, all sorts of old bands. A bit sad to see really.  

I walked straight past and bought a Sleaford Mods album. 

Edited by allwaystired

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Looks like they're using Messenger again... 

I got that shit today too. This is the second time I've tried to unsubscribe. I hope it worked this time. 

I've already bought me a holiday present anyway: Jack Daniel's, Jameson, and Glenfiddich. Do I spoil myself or what. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2