New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

9 hours ago, Towelie said:

I actually think a live album is even less likely than a new studio album at this stage. Surely Axl wouldn't have the gall to officially release a fully mixed and mastered soundboard quality recording of his live vocals from the last 2 years? That's a surefire way to make sure everyone outside of the hardcore fanbase knows that his live voice is shot.

I hope you are right, I don't need another live album, but what would make you think he wouldn't just redo the vocals like he did with Live Era?  Axl isn't afraid to "fix it in post."

58 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

*sigh* this thread again??

Call me again if they actually announce, officially announce, new album. Not compilation, or remastered, actually new.

Tbh right now I don't really mind if they never release anything anymore until the world ends.

Gotcha.

They are always discouraging and shelving this type of threads and now there's an official one, lol, so there must be some truth to these rumors :lol:...... Though it sounds like it's going to be some kind of Live album from the NITL tour, which is (as we all know) full of Mickey shit voice :rolleyes: 

7 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

If it's a live album it will probably be a Bluray/audio of the 2 night show they filmed in LA in 2016 you'd think

The same production crew that filmed the Troubador gig and got stiffed on pay also filmed the Dodger Stadium gigs 

You'll never see any of it until Axl pays them off

8 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The same production crew that filmed the Troubador gig and got stiffed on pay also filmed the Dodger Stadium gigs 

I don’t think they filmed dodger stadium. I think they spoke out when they found out a different company was paid to do it. they did the troubadour thing free with future opportunity possible I believe. So they felt stiffed by not getting that gig too. 

I could be wrong but that was my understanding 

45 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Dude must have the most rock solid NDAs ever. How many people have gone unpaid by this cat yet he keeps getting away with it? It's crazy. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Dude must have the most rock solid NDAs ever. How many people have gone unpaid by this cat yet he keeps getting away with it? It's crazy. 

I remember when Merck paid Izzy behind Axl's back to do the 2006 gigs, and Axl ranted about it like Izzy was supposed to do them for free

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

I remember when Merck paid Izzy behind Axl's back to do the 2006 gigs, and Axl ranted about it like Izzy was supposed to do them for free

I remember that too. I guess if you're entitled for long enough (Axl) then you just figure literally everyone owes you something. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Apparently, if you dump Axl Rose (or "his" band) you owe him eternally everything.:lol:

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

I have to believe that if there was going to be a release of a single, it would coincide with a vehicle of some kind, like a soundtrack.

IF GN'R had a song to come back with, they would make maximum use of it by tying it into a major film. When it happens, that will be how it happens.

Oh hey look

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_6

It would make perfect sense for a new song to drop with the new Terminator, in the tradition of standing on ceremony.

Still, the song would have to work in the context of the film and Terminator...well, Terminator would have to not suck, this time. So, both the song and the movie would have to click together. Terminator is a risky bet but if they end up making it worthy, it would be the best spot to showcase a reunion song.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Same here. 12 variations of It's My Life. 

10 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

We've got to hold on to what we've got

10 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

How about:  I'm a cowboy...on a steel horse I ride...

Wanted dead or alive would be so cool  as a Gn'R version.  :P

You're all wrong. It's going to be called Bon Jovi Can Still Suck My Dick. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Gotcha.

They are always discouraging and shelving this type of threads and now there's an official one, lol, so there must be some truth to these rumors :lol:...... Though it sounds like it's going to be some kind of Live album from the NITL tour, which is (as we all know) full of Mickey shit voice :rolleyes: 

His voice was "Mickey shit voice" the entire NITL run? Why do you even post in this section lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

I have to believe that if there was going to be a release of a single, it would coincide with a vehicle of some kind, like a soundtrack.

IF GN'R had a song to come back with, they would make maximum use of it by tying it into a major film. When it happens, that will be how it happens.

My moneys on the new terminator at next year

• Like 2