New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

11 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

i've heard of a different scenario

:lol: Of course you have. That's kind of the point of this thread; that there's a lot of different rumors floating around right now. Every one is of course saying they're the best source and totally right.

4 minutes ago, All Cautions Made said:

Let me set this straight.

There are three rumors, from two very reputable sources and one that I have no idea where it comes from.

One says that an album is coming in June. That one comes from a former GNR manager, who I was told not to repeat his name. Some people tend to discredit this rumor because according to some, he hasn't talked with anyone in the GNR camp for years and likes to make people think he's in the know.

Another says that there are live releases coming and a cover in studio. That one comes from a friend of the band. No idea how it ended up here lol. 

I don't know anything that backs the third claim ("there's a live album coming with some bonus studio tracks"). Though, it fits the second rumor, being that “bonus studio track” the studio cover. 

We know for a fact that there are “new” songs that have Slash and Duff on them. So, it wouldn't be very hard to imagine Slash and Duff pasting his tracks on whatever was CD 2. On the other side, there was this Paradise City Live Version from Coachella that was broadcasted on a UK radio recently. We know Coachella was recorded professionally both video and audio. Every scenario is equally plausible and all of them come from reputable sources. 

Oh btw, i'm not trying to brag about this or become the next insider. Just clearing up things. 

Oh and @Propaganda, that thing with GH2 is outdated. If I recall correctly, Greatest Hits II was replaced by AFD re-release.

All 3 of the ones I mentioned were just things that various people have told me. I never ask for sources because I already know the answer is going to be something along the lines of "I can't say". 

Either way, I'm always in the same state since 2016: I would LOVE to get new studio material from GN'R but I'll just never believe it until I see (hear) it. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

:lol: Of course you have. That's kind of the point of this thread; that there's a lot of different rumors floating around right now. Every one is of course saying they're the best source and totally right.

All 3 of the ones I mentioned were just things that various people have told me. I never ask for sources because I already know the answer is going to be something along the lines of "I can't say". 

Either way, I'm always in the same state since 2016: I would LOVE to get new studio material from GN'R but I'll just never believe it until I see (hear) it. 

I don't know for sure who's right or not. They are all equally plausible scenarios and come from equally reputable sources. Each rumor has it's reasons to be real or fake. Some say that former manager is purely bullshitting and hasn't had contact with the guys for years. But that manager has been right in many things over the years. No one knows. Except for the man himself.

That's the fun thing with rumors! 

Edited by All Cautions Made
clarification
  • Thanks 1

But why release a live album?

It doesn't add up to anything, we already have Live Era, the Greatest Hit, and the Appetitte For Democracy thing.

To me, a live album would dilute the catalog of the band, see Ozzy and Iron Maiden, for example, they have so much Live Albuns and Greatest Hits, and it is all the same and confusing.

To me, best of both worlds would be to capitalize on rarities:

1. B-Sides and real deep cuts remixed such as: Crash Diet, Too Much To Soon, Just Another Sunday, Bring it Back Home, Sentimental Movie, Cornshucker, the first mix of the UYI albuns (Slash's Version)

2. The fucking 90's vault! Release it on audio format and video, since they have all the UYI Tour filmed (Like Metallica and Pearl Jam did).

3. Enough with the covers, but Whichitta is a good call.

4. What about the ChiDem Remix Album? We are celebrating 10 years from its release anyway.

5. What about the ChiDem leftovers?

6. What about to get some of the old Slash's (solo stuff) + the best Velvet Revolver + the best Duff stuff and to recreat a GNRish Frankestein?

7. A live album? Only if it was something very spencial, not a compilation, but something like the Apollo concert. They were fantastic and jamming all around that night.

8. What about to gather everybody for just one song?

Anyway, I'm happy the way it is right now. Even if we never hear any new cuts from them. The tour was great, I saw them 3 times in Brazil, the voice thing I prefer to think is just a mix thing. I saw the Rock In Rio concert live (his voice was awesome) and rewatched on TV (his voice seamed awful).

Edited by Legendador

Just to add to the speculation fire..

ASCAP seems to have lots of mistakes in their registry, but one new song has been entered when you search for "axl rose".

The song in question is "You're Easy".

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/writer/216357969/ROSE W AXL

Some info:

- Axl is no longer registered with ASCAP as a writer (he's with SESAC now), but I believe the catalog of his songs will still be there as long as some other affiliate with the song has an ASCAP connection.

- The listing only has a Work ID, but no other information available.

- It might be a mistake, like a mix-up between You're Crazy and It's So Easy... who knows. But, I do believe this song hasn't been listed before, and therefore is a relatively new listing.

- SESAC doesn't list the song.

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

ASCAP seems to have lots of mistakes in their registry, but one new song has been entered when you search for "axl rose".

Some info:

- Axl is no longer registered with ASCAP as a writer (he's with SESAC now), but I believe the catalog of his songs will still be there as long as some other affiliate with the song has an ASCAP connection.

- It might be a mistake, like a mix-up between You're Crazy and It's So Easy... who knows. But, I do believe this song hasn't been listed before, and therefore is a relatively new listing.

I wouldn't trust ASCAP on those things. They are full of mistakes. New songss appear on ASCAP a few days before they are launched, IIRC. And I don't think Axl would name a song You're Easy these days lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Some info:

FUNNY TO SEE cRASH DIE WITCH IS MY FAVORITE leak ;)

17 minutes ago, Legendador said:

But why release a live album?

It doesn't add up to anything, we already have Live Era, the Greatest Hit, and the Appetitte For Democracy thing.

To me, a live album would dilute the catalog of the band, see Ozzy and Iron Maiden, for example, they have so much Live Albuns and Greatest Hits, and it is all the same and confusing.

To me, best of both worlds would be to capitalize on rarities:

1. B-Sides and real deep cuts remixed such as: Crash Diet, Too Much To Soon, Just Another Sunday, Bring it Back Home, Sentimental Movie, Cornshucker, the first mix of the UYI albuns (Slash's Version)

2. The fucking 90's vault! Release it on audio format and video, since they have all the UYI Tour filmed (Like Metallica and Pearl Jam did).

3. Enough with the covers, but Whichitta is a good call.

4. What about the ChiDem Remix Album? We are celebrating 10 years from its release anyway.

5. What about the ChiDem leftovers?

6. What about to get some of the old Slash's (solo stuff) + the best Velvet Revolver + the best Duff stuff and to recreat a GNRish Frankestein?

7. A live album? Only if it was something very spencial, not a compilation, but something like the Apollo concert. They were fantastic and jamming all around that night.

8. What about to gather everybody for just one song?

Anyway, I'm happy the way it is right now. Even if we never hear any new cuts from them. The tour was great, I saw them 3 times in Brazil, the voice thing I prefer to think is just a mix thing. I saw the Rock In Rio concert live (his voice was awesome) and rewatched on TV (his voice seamed awful).

dont forget any AFD tour soundboard audio and/or proshot footage!

• Like 1