Slash: "There's material and stuff going on already for a new record."

11 hours ago, RageKage said:

I wonder what all these naysayers will do when guns finally do release an album? What purpose will they find in life? Will be interesting to see.

I will analyze the drum performances and tones. If I like them I will say its Brain and if I dont like them I will say its Frank. :lol: I will complain that the drum tones are weak (since inevitably it will be mixed for iPods/digital like Shadow). 

I will post "Alders tone was phenomenal - you could feel the pressure of the analog and the heat of the tubes. Sorums tone was meh and is dated, CD has immaculate drum tones. So why are they so inconsistent with drum tones?!?!" I will repeat this over and over and over. Some will love it and others will hate it. :P:lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, soon said:

I will analyze the drum performances and tones. If I like them I will say its Brain and if I dont like them I will say its Frank. :lol: I will complain that the drum tones are weak (since inevitably it will be mixed for iPods/digital like Shadow). 

I will post "Alders tone was phenomenal - you could feel the pressure of the analog and the heat of the tubes. Sorums tone was meh and is dated, CD has immaculate drum tones. So why are they so inconsistent with drum tones?!?!" I will repeat this over and over and over. Some will love it and others will hate it. :P:lol:

Good strategy.....:D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I don't know how one can be more excited about an album that most likely will never be released over a new SMKC record that will be out in 18 months.

Some people prefer Axl/Slash over Myles/Slash. Plus, Axl's a better lyricist/songwriter than Myles so I for one am more excited for a potential GN'R release.

On the other hand, I see your point. Axl doesn't release jack shit and Slash is actually putting out albums on a regular basis.  

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Some people prefer Axl/Slash over Myles/Slash. Plus, Axl's a better lyricist/songwriter than Myles so I for one am more excited for a potential GN'R release.

+1

and also Axl is tiranic but he push Slash at his best and push all the song at the best. Nobody wanted to do November rain and Slash put one of the best solo of all the time (estranged is also incredible). Also nobody wanted to put so much money in video (before youtube exist) and now one milliard people see Slash in the desert !!!!! and let's be honest.....it help Slash in his solo's project 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

On the other hand, I see your point. Axl doesn't release jack shit and Slash is actually putting out albums on a regular basis.  

Blackbird.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

Blackbird.

November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, TWAT.

I'm not an Axl fanboy, btw, I'll criticize him where it's due, and I have pretty harshly in the past, but imo he's the better lyricist/songwriter. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

November Rain, Estranged, Breakdown, TWAT.

I'm not an Axl fanboy, btw, I'll criticize him where it's due, and I have pretty harshly in the past, but imo he's the better lyricist/songwriter. 

Fair response, I personally think they are on par with each other. But I will admit that Myles has a far more commercial lyrics for SMKC which are weaker overall than his lyrics for his solo projects and Alter Bridge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dissident said:

Fair response, I personally think they are on par with each other. But I will admit that Myles has a far more commercial lyrics for SMKC which are weaker overall than his lyrics for his solo projects and Alter Bridge. 

I agree. Musically speaking, SMKC has always been very good. I've just always been put off by some of Myles' lyrics. Nothing against the dude, just not my thing.

11 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

I don't think people disparage Myles in Alter Bridge - his singing and lyrics are much better there. But when it comes to the SMKC project, it's fair game i think. SMKC is much more generic than both Alter Bridge and Guns N' Roses, and Myles just seems to phone it in most of the time (not necessarily a bad thing, because he still sounds technically great - just boring and uninspired). 

8 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

When was taken havnt seen thst photo before?.

It's the outfit and the hairdo of the 'Yesterdays' video, so it's probably from the video shoot. 

1 hour ago, HWolllert said:

Damn, he looks pretty on that one.

Oh. Does he now? :ph34r: