Loco-Motive

Loco-Motive  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

If Axl hit the gym, lost 30 lbs, regained his stamina and rehearsed the song, he could nail it. It’d be cool if he got in good shape before they tour again, he doesn’t have a lot of years left to perform at a high level. 

You would think fronting a Juggernaut band like this that all the things you mentioned would be a priority for him but they are not unfortunately. 

• Like 1

I really don't see why people think this would be such a hard song to sing.. Most of it is in his lower register voice which he has no issue with.  The parts where he doesn't prominently use that voice he still layers with it anyway.. He could just sing like that whole song and it would still be great.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I really don't see why people think this would be such a hard song to sing.. Most of it is in his lower register voice which he has no issue with.  The parts where he doesn't prominently use that voice he still layers with it anyway.. He could just sing like that whole song and it would still be great.

I agree its not hard, to my ears with bad obsession he users a lower register i think to loco. Plus with loco theres a few slash solos before each new verse so would give axl abit of a break.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think they could fucking nail this one....

there is no fucking way frank has the techincal proficiency to pull this off by far the most diificult song of them all look no further to estranged and rocket queen to see how much he ruins those songs as for axl i think he could do it considering how he was able to pull of acdc back in black album material

also this is indeed an izzy riff song he needs to be on it i also think adler could pull it off too 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

also this is indeed an izzy riff song he needs to be on it i also think adler could pull it off too 

Although Slash would say he and Izzy wrote Locomotive while living together in 1989, it doesn't seem like Izzy had a lot to do with the final version of the song and he isn't playing on the studio version. I think Slash was being kind, this beast is primarily Slash's baby.

33 minutes ago, EvanG said:

This is one tricky riff to play on guitar if you want to play it exactly the way Slash plays it. I can imagine this one being too advanced for Izzy.

They played it live when Izzy was still in the band so.......

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

They played it live when Izzy was still in the band so.......

Then I wonder if Izzy played that main riff in the song the way Slash plays it, without hammer ons, because the riff itself isn't hard, but to play it consistently without hammer ons at that speed, really isn't easy. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EvanG said:

This is one tricky riff to play on guitar if you want to play it exactly the way Slash plays it. I can imagine this one being too advanced for Izzy.

Definitely,  I was having some fun with the Jeff Beck thing but he did mention that it's a fairly complicated song to play.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

should they play it? Hell yeah!

That song along with Coma, Dead Horse, Breakdown, Pretty Tied up, YCBM, Don't cry, Back off, Double talkin, Estranged...is what made UYI's better albu,s than AFD.

However, can they play it in this line up?  HELL NO!

In this song, drums are as vital as in only few other in Gunners.  Frank CAN'T play that. PERIOD!

Axl?  I mean..Like whicch ones can he sing last 3 years. Objectivly.

Fortus?  He probably could pull it through better than Ax and Frank, but probably not as good as Iz or Gilby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shotsfired cro said:

Fortus?  He probably could pull it through better than Ax and Frank, but probably not as good as Iz or Gilby.

Are you kidding me? I like Izzy and Gilby more too, but they are average guitar players at best, Fortus is technically better than Slash. He could play a song like this way better than Izzy or Gilby.

No, I only want to hear from Axl: "This is a new song.... We wrote the song on the road during the NITL Tour, one of my favourite song of our brand new whole double record, 2CDs full of epicness, comin' out this christmas, I hope you like it... Give me the god-damn Intro Slash.... "

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 2