Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

44 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Not a difference in difficulty (besides file size), they just might choose to keep the lossless files for themselves and leak the lower quality files.

Rick did a similar thing with the HOB show IIRC

So, it was Rick who leaked it? The way I've always heard the story told was that he just shared it with bagel boy, who then had a hissy fit and leaked it to spite him (then became the copyright police after he got in trouble).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

My gut feeling? I say we will hear something new. If I had to guess I think it will be one or two tracks only. Unless it’s some sort of miracle I don’t believe all the CDs will leak. At least not anytime soon. This also depends whose hands these CDs are actually in. I’ve read every post here and followed this thread. I’m under the impression copies are in multiple hands. If that’s the case it comes down to motives. Some are motivated by money, some could legitimately think more tracks are in the wild both of those would constitute as little leaking as possible. If we want everything it needs to be in the hands of someone who wants to say “FU, Team Brazil. We’ll treat ourselves.” Now if that happens anything could happen. But based off the little tidbits here and there I’d say we will get one or two new songs. 

Cool - appreciate the response. Let’s hope for the best. I’m glad there has been copies taken - knowing our luck TB would have bought them and they would be gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

So, it was Rick who leaked it? The way I've always heard the story told was that he just shared it with bagel boy, who then had a hissy fit and leaked it to spite him (then became the copyright police after he got in trouble).

Is that how that whole shit started? Lol! The more you know...

17 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

You’re probably right, I just remember that Rick had a 24 GB version and the video we got was 1.4 GB.

They talked about it on one of the Appetite for Distortion episodes

Edited by ApacheChief42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t think we are allowed to say his username here. If I recall correctly it’s against forum policy to mention banned members by name.

Don't give them attention they just live in their parents basement hide behind their keyboards and have never had sex with a woman in their life and love attention 

I wonder if this could have something to do - indirectly - with the recently uncovered story about the Universal fire in 2008. If what has been said in this thread is to be believed, the original buying of the CDs happened about a month ago, and this coincides with the time the Universal story surfaced. Maybe Universal, facing massive lawsuits, went on to check out every storage space to catalog everything they got (which seems that they hadn't done properly after the fire). And maybe somewhere there some recordings "escaped". Just a thought...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I wonder if this could have something to do - indirectly - with the recently uncovered story about the Universal fire in 2008. If what has been said in this thread is to be believed, the original buying of the CDs happened about a month ago, and this coincides with the time the Universal story surfaced. Maybe Universal, facing massive lawsuits, went on to check out every storage space to catalog everything they got (which seems that they hadn't done properly after the fire). And maybe somewhere there some recordings "escaped". Just a thought...

Could be related.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApacheChief42 said:

You’re probably right, I just remember that Rick had a 24 GB version and the video we got was 1.4 GB.

They talked about it on one of the Appetite for Distortion episodes

Rick may come on again to talk about these latest shenanigans.

• Like 2