Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

I just woke up a bit ago and then talked to my dad, so this is the first I've been online in a while.  (It's afternoon in Japan.)

Am I to understand that an individual, one man, is somehow going to actually deliver us the goods....the mother load of all GNR leaks? 

Is this actually happening??   I can't possibly let myself believe in something so miraculous.

If that happens, then hell fucking yes I want to give money to this individual.  Just like I'd have happily given that money to Axl if he had given me the opportunity at any point over the last two decades; which he chose NOT to.

(Don't worry...I've given Axl literally THOUSANDS of dollars over the years anyway.  I think he's set.)

• Like 3

All of the links were killed on reddit.

Listening to those two leaks - I just don’t get the path Axl took. It’s clearly good music. Why go into hiding and only come out to tour (extensively) playing the same songs from the 80s and 90s over and over. Doesn’t that get boring?

The guy’s creativity was really strong through the 90s and early 00s. We just never saw it. If there is ever an authorized biography, it would be one hell of a read 

• Like 1

He must have just had crippling self-esteem issues about going out there and being basically the entire force of the band.

People have retroactively claimed that he was refusing to go on stage for the UYI tour too...he just didn't want to go out there and be front and center like that.  Don't know if it's true though, cause I don't remember reading it at the time.  Just people claiming that recently.

But clearly he had no confidence in the CD era stuff cause he freaked out and disappeared for a few years after the aborted 2002 tour.

The only time he ever seemed comfortable with CD stuff was in 2009 when he played the entire damn album....then it was just less and less and more AFD, more UYI.

And of course eventually we all (most of us) got we wanted when Slash came back.   But man....what an amazing intriguing saga the whole thing is.  I've "Chinese Whispers" tons of times and it's fascinating, and that's probably only scratching the surface.   This is almost beyond Brian Wilson level stuff.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, nycgunner said:

Listening to those two leaks - I just don’t get the path Axl took. It’s clearly good music. Why go into hiding and only come out to tour (extensively) playing the same songs from the 80s and 90s over and over. Doesn’t that get boring?

The guy’s creativity was really strong through the 90s and early 00s. We just never saw it. If there is ever an authorized biography, it would be one hell of a read 

Chinese Democracy - it’s a good idea on the surface that you’ll probably never see

I think he was telling us from the beginning...

Botched tours, lineup changes, bad management, and a record label that grew tired and moved on all while everyone around you wants you to reunite the old band. They’ll pay you as long you play the hits 

9 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

This is a guy who apparently had a women named Yoda look at photos in order to assess whether people he worked with were assholes using their mystic spirit or something. 

I'm not saying that to make fun of him (although it is kind of funny), but it's clear he was going through some stuff. Enlisting a mystic scammer to vet your co-workers isn't everyday normal behavior. You can't even use fiverr to do that. 

Edited by gunsnchalupas

It's also weird how a guy who was known for stopping shows, showing up late in almost his whole career haven't had any of those incidents occur in the past 3 years besides getting sick at a show. All I gotta say is that W. Axl Rose is one confusing motherfucker.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No one is claiming 15 CDs leaked. However, 15 CDs do exist and the material is in the hands of several people currently. 

Maybe I misread the post I was responding to, I read it as them hinting that it was on it's way and certain forum members already had it.

Maybe semantics.  

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

What if you can't afford high quality speakers?

then get your priorities straight!!! stop eating!!! ;) 

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

(Don't worry...I've given Axl literally THOUSANDS of dollars over the years anyway.  I think he's set.)

Im kinda guessing it would be more about Interscope and their plethora of lawyers that would object moreso, and a lot faster too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DK6 said:

I can't believe my new favourite song is 23 seconds long!!

im laughing WAAAY too hard at this! lulz! ..and I agree :) although 'Atlas' has really caught my ear...so i guess MY new fave song is 1:17 long :)

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
  • Haha 1

Am I stupid for saying CDII is becoming one of my favorite albums of all time even though I’ve only heard less than 2 minutes of the album? Or just desperate for new music? Or both :P 

The leaks have been spectacular. I’m convinced Axl is a genius and angry he wasted all these years.

• Like 1

You're excited.  We're all excited.  VERY excited.

But yeah, that's pretty extreme.  The two minutes we heard were pretty good.  Indicates that the two songs they're from are probably decent.

But to declare the two minutes of songs we've heard as the best thing you've ever heard in your whole life?  Well, either you're just letting all this excitement getting to you or, yes indeed, you're stupid.

Hey, your words, not mine!!

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Haha 1

I think the leaks proved that they were better songs to choose from. It also shows that the overproduction of CD along with the cut and paste aspects was a determent to the album. The demo of Chinese Democracy (song) proved how good it is. Granted some songs like Scraped is just plain awful no matter the demo I heard or the album version. 

18 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Am I stupid for saying CDII is becoming one of my favorite albums of all time even though I’ve only heard less than 2 minutes of the album? Or just desperate for new music? Or both :P 

The leaks have been spectacular. I’m convinced Axl is a genius and angry he wasted all these years.

I think it all came down to Axl having too many yes men surrounding him, but not enough people he actually trusted to critique the music, so when Iovine and Ezrin came in and told him it wasn't good enough, his confidence was completely shattered and he simply didn't have any of his classic resolve left to tell them to fuck off and believe in his work.

He needed an Izzy, Duff, or Slash to back him up. And without that, he just kept toiling away until it would be deemed as the masterpiece he intended for it to be, which never came to fruition. So he ended up working on it all to bury it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

I think the leaks proved that they were better songs to choose from. It also shows that the overproduction of CD along with the cut and paste aspects was a determent to the album. The demo of Chinese Democracy (song) proved how good it is. Granted some songs like Scraped is just plain awful no matter the demo I heard or the album version. 

Maybe Scraped was released to fuck with the record company. Like Axl was pissed about something and forcing Scraped on the album was his fuck you to the record company.